Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I've lost all interest in the property. I have no faith left that Kurtzman & co. know what they are doing.

I'm purely a Star Wars person now. I detest Nu-Star Trek but I adore Nu-Star Wars (for the most part)..
    I will not be touching anything Star Trek until they allow Tarantino to film his dream project. He's about the only one that's come out publicly that I have any faith in.

The Mandalorian is the only SW project that I care anything about. In Favreau we ONLY trust!

If it's KK related it's automatically dismissed.

Ultimate Member

Isn't KK producing Mandalorian?

Also, not sure if Tarantino is the best guy for Star Trek

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    The Worf explanation of "We don't talk about it with outsiders" was enough. I'm talking about when they pointlessly did an episode of Enterprise explaining it. It wasn't necessary, and from what I've heard it was a convoluted mess. Never bothered to watch it myself.
    It was a pretty good set of episodes, actually. Course, if you don't like it, Discovery has completely ignored everything.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    It was a pretty good set of episodes, actually. Course, if you don't like it, Discovery has completely ignored everything.
    I have to say, Discovery being in the future is far better than seeing it try to insert itself into past events like "it was that way all along"

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I have to say, Discovery being in the future is far better than seeing it try to insert itself into past events like "it was that way all along"
    Can see the point. I think the logic is that it's a visual reimagining, so the visual continuity errors "don't count" (I disagree, but there lies the rational.)
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member

Can see the point. I think the logic is that it's a visual reimagining, so the visual continuity errors "don't count" (I disagree, but there lies the rational.)
    haha, I was talking more about Spock's secret sister (Sherlock flashbacks! ) and the whole Spore Drive during the TOS era

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    haha, I was talking more about Spock's secret sister (Sherlock flashbacks! ) and the whole Spore Drive during the TOS era
    Not sure how the spore drive will be worked out (still in the middle of the show), but seeing how tight-mouthed Spock was about his personal life, it certainly fits that he wouldn't mention having a foster sister in all the years of TOS.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    The Mandalorian is the only SW project that I care anything about. In Favreau we ONLY trust!

If it's KK related it's automatically dismissed.
    Time to stop watching The Mandalorian, then. Kennedy is an executive producer.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

BANNED

Time to stop watching The Mandalorian, then. Kennedy is an executive producer

Executive producers don't really do anything with the film/TV making process, they just sign the cheque and sometimes put their name on things to give it more attention.

Ultimate Member

Not sure how the spore drive will be worked out (still in the middle of the show), but seeing how tight-mouthed Spock was about his personal life, it certainly fits that he wouldn't mention having a foster sister in all the years of TOS.
    I still didn't buy it

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Executive producers don't really do anything with the film/TV making process, they just sign the cheque and sometimes put their name on things to give it more attention.
    The person I quoted said they won't watch anything SW related that involves Kennedy. As head of Lucasfilm, everything SW related technically involves her. It's not like she wrote and directed the SW material that person dislikes lol. Time for them to stop watching The Mandalorian, heh heh.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Ultimate Member

The person I quoted said they won't watch anything SW related that involves Kennedy. As head of Lucasfilm, everything SW related technically involves her. It's not like she wrote and directed the SW material that person dislikes lol. Time for them to stop watching The Mandalorian, heh heh.
    Yeah, there's too much overreaction to Kennedy. No doubt precipitated by angry YouTube clickbait

BANNED

He was maybe joking, I am sure if Kennedy left, we would have known. Kennedy is still the main producer of anything disney star wars, could be she just found the right talent with Jon Favreau than JJ Abrams.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Riker and Troi felt like a rehash of the Decker/Illia relationship from Star Trek: the Motion Picture, only I thought bald hottie Persis Khambatta (sp?) was even hotter (if such a thing is possible!) than Marina Sirtis.
    Quite a bit of TNG's early years were influenced by Roddenberry's original ideas for Phase II, a star Trek sequel series that was almost made but cancelled at the last minute with it's pilot, cast and sets (Some of which would later be reused in later Treks) shuffled over the first movie. Decker and Illia would've been recurring characters instead of one-offs in the movie; some of the TNG scripts such as The Child were originally written with Illia.

There were also plans for a non-Spock Vulcan officer should Nimoy refuse to return, which we sort of got in the movies anyway, with Sonak, Saavik and Valeris, although only Saavik managed to be relatively unscathed and none were permenant replacements for Spock. It's possible some of the character-Xon-also transferred to Data in the scripts. The actor who was going to play him did get to be in TMP in the fairly notable role of Commander Branch of Epsilon 9.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    He was maybe joking, I am sure if Kennedy left, we would have known. Kennedy is still the main producer of anything disney star wars, could be she just found the right talent with Jon Favreau than JJ Abrams.
    Kennedy, along with her husband, also of course worked on a ton of mostly 80s-90s Spielberg projects, not only stuff he directed (E.T, Jurassic Park, Indiana Jones, Schindler's list etc) but also stuff he produced that's also fondly remembered (Back to the future trilogy, Poltergeist, Gremlins, Goonies, Roger Rabbit etc).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth