Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Yeah that was great. I wish it was longer, they should’ve given this three issues to explore more, but the sheer scope of the world building makes me very hopeful about PKJ’s proper Superman run.

Enough female Superman descendants to field a team of Valkyries! Supermobiles! Blue Lanterns! I want to know what went down between Kal and Circe because that alone would make for a fascinating story. Did he get Talia’d lol? Loved that rhyming narration, definitely give it an “epic poem” type of feel.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

It really was short. What happened to Jon?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    It really was short. What happened to Jon?
    Since he's half human, maybe he just lived a long life and then passed away?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Since he's half human, maybe he just lived a long life and then passed away?
    I think it’s deliberate that they don’t tell us what Jon’s final fate was. That said, we know he ends up having kids of his own based on the interviews and background info PKJ has told us.

Also your new profile pic completely threw me for a loop, I thought you were someone new lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah that was great. I wish it was longer, they should’ve given this three issues to explore more, but the sheer scope of the world building makes me very hopeful about PKJ’s proper Superman run.

Enough female Superman descendants to field a team of Valkyries! Supermobiles! Blue Lanterns! I want to know what went down between Kal and Circe because that alone would make for a fascinating story. Did he get Talia’d lol? Loved that rhyming narration, definitely give it an “epic poem” type of feel.
    Kind of like how Arthur got Siren'd (except she didn't get knocked up).

I'mma sing this book's praises at pretty much any chance I get. Because this had no business being so good when it was tied to such a lackluster, and ultimately meaningless, event. Like....Seriously, I can't speak enough on how much I enjoyed this. And with so many questions raised, I wanna read even more! It feels good to have something positive to say about a "Superman" book again lol

Okay. Now I want a Futur State - House of El ongoings, just like FS - Gotham will be a thing !

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

As expected,This was good.This seems to tie in with what everyone else was doing.Clark freed the slaves of war world.Apparently,even had kid with one of the natives.And they said,Superman isn't like the old pulp heroes.The supertribe seems to have different kinds of people.Also not gonna lie,I laughed with all the "Truth and justice" slogans.Also,i wonder if clark what actually thinks of circe in the future.As many have said,Someone from supermythos would have been better.S seem to be a flag,now.The standard theme of future generation surpassing the old was here.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

This was a nice story, I wish it was longer and I wish I knew how all these supermans are descendants of Kal-El, we know the red king or whatever is directly from him and Circe, then the black superman and blue lantern are one by way of Jon, but the rest...

I'm guessing Brandon is the descendant of Kal by way of Conner but what about the husband and wife, I guess it doesn't really matter but that hasn't stopped my curiosity.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 02-24-2021 at 06:59 AM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    This was a nice story, I wish it was linger and I wish I knew how all these supermans are descendants of Kal-El, we know the the red king or whatever is directly from him and Circe, then the black superman and blue lantern are one by way of Jon, but the rest...

I'm guessing Brandon is the descendant of Kal by way of Conner but what about the husband and wife, I guess it doesn't really matter but that hasn't stopped my curiosity.
    I found it kind of confusing but maybe I’m just not grasping it.

The son by Circe insulted the rest of them by saying he was the actual son of Kal-El and the rest of them were all just watered down descendants who’s bloodlines had all been overly diluted.

Are you supposed to think that only Jon Kent and that kid by Circe are the only children that Kal actually had? The rest are all descendants down the line from Jon?

That’s how it read in the book but I’m beyond confused.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    I found it kind of confusing but maybe I’m just not grasping it.

The son by Circe insulted the rest of them by saying he was the actual son of Kal-El and the rest of them were all just watered down descendants who’s bloodlines had all been overly diluted.

Are you supposed to think that only Jon Kent and that kid by Circe are the only children that Kal actually had? The rest are all descendants down the line from Jon?

That’s how it read in the book but I’m beyond confused.
    Only Ronan and Rowan (Superman and Blue Lantern) are of Jon's line. That fact along with his own merits is likely why Ronan is the Superman of Earth. The rest are descendants from other relationships Clark's had over the 1000 years. All of Clark's kids would likely have passed by now, and Circe's son is likely the last kid Clark had (maybe within the past couple hundred years). The implication seems to be that half Kryptonians don't live as long as full bloods (Brandon was talking about getting to old to still do battle).
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

There's a really cool implied story between the twins. Like Ronan was the "good son" and stayed home and took on the responsibility of the family business. Rowan had a different calling and basically joined the military.

I also kind of love that Khan, the big rough dude with an actual sword, doesn't even consider killing because it's so baked into their House's culture that it's just a given. And holy **** are the Valkyries cool!

The whole book is sort of a more, I suppose, graspable DC One Million covered in Game of Thrones/Arthurian style.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

This sure as hell had better be in my pull box when I get to the LCS........

From what everyone here is saying, and Superlad's excitement which is literally overflowing from my monitor and staining my desk, I don't think I can live my life knowing I missed this book.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kind of like how Arthur got Siren'd (except she didn't get knocked up).
    If Arthur is still around they could always drink their sorrows away about it

BANNED

So is Circe the one from Wonder Woman? Or the one from Silver Age Superman book?
    Cuz if I remember correctly, there was a issue where Circe in Superman is actually from Krypton and using Krypton tech as magic.