Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I had mine in a storage space for 20 years. When we bought a condo in 2017, I realized I would never have room to have them with me. Just locked storage where I could not enjoy them. So I sold my collection.
    I know that had to be hard. I'm lucky enough to have room to keep everything I have but I do worry about space. It's not the comics but the figures and statues.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    At this moment in time I'm planning on sharing it between my two kids, at least until I know which one is more likely to enjoy them.
    You have options!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    If any of my nephews had shown an interest in comic books, I would have given them to them. But despite my best efforts, they never fancied them and rather look down their nose at such things.

If I don't dump the whole collection before I die, then I guess they'll get thrown out by someone. But I won't be alive to worry about it.
    If no one wants mine, I'll donate everything.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    [COLOR="#000080"]You have options!
    That's the plan. Hopefully it won't end up being a ''cunning plan'' Baldrick style

Incredible Member

My closest friend and I have an agreement that whichever of us dies first, the other gets his collection. If I'm the survivor, I'd leave the collection to my brother. If I outlive him too, I'll probably leave the collection to a local university library - the U of Oregon and Portland State both have comics studies departments.
    --
    The discussion forum for fans of 20th-century comics: http://classiccomics.org

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Allen View Post
    My closest friend and I have an agreement that whichever of us dies first, the other gets his collection. If I'm the survivor, I'd leave the collection to my brother. If I outlive him too, I'll probably leave the collection to a local university library - the U of Oregon and Portland State both have comics studies departments.
    I know of a few art colleges that have sequential art studies. I wonder how many universities have that kind of department and is it growing.