Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hopefully Emma does something about this in the future, i need answers of why Moira doesn't want precogs in Krakoa

Hopefully if Legion ever appears on Krakoa he confronts them about wanting to resurrect his girlfriend Blindfold.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    Moira warned them that Emma was up to something. And Emma warned Xavier that he was not subtle enough to fool her. Men never listen to women even though we know better.
    Honestly I think people are taking this far too seriously. I mean the issue just came out last week she either knows something is up and this was her chance to confirm her suspicions in which case this plot point will be explored later on down the line or Duggan just wanted Emma to flex.

That being said I do believe that Emma gleamed something about Moira. I doubt that she knows the whole story she probably just sent it that Mora is somehow a central figure in both Xavier and Magnetos minds. After how she discovered Xavier secret well back in the Mike Carey run she ironically manhandles Xavier telepathically so that could be a moment where she became suspicious.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Honestly I think people are taking this far too seriously. I mean the issue just came out last week she either knows something is up and this was her chance to confirm her suspicions in which case this plot point will be explored later on down the line or Duggan just wanted Emma to flex.

That being said I do believe that Emma gleamed something about Moira. I doubt that she knows the whole story she probably just sent it that Mora is somehow a central figure in both Xavier and Magnetos minds. After how she discovered Xavier secret well back in the Mike Carey run she ironically manhandles Xavier telepathically so that could be a moment where she became suspicious.
    We shall have to wait and see. I believe that whatever Moira warned about has been building for quite some time and will come to a head during the Gala. In the meantime, I enjoy imagining her being played by Jessica Lange.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I don't believe Emma knows about Moira. If she did, she'd be smart enough to know how precious a secret that would be and wouldn't use it to just troll Charles and Erik.
    This is my guess, but it is Duggan that likes to hype his faves

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    This. Seems more like another case of Duggan fanwank to his favorites, which is essentially what this book is all about from day one.
    basically a good description of the book and the writting.

The only way of Emma knowing this would be via telepathy, but if she knew other telpaths would know too. Both Charles and Magneto know how to proof their minds to telepaths

magneto almost killed her one time, wonder what would be the excuse to let her keep this secret.

Other problem of this book is that they neer really reveal things. Emma knows? maybe. Like instead of already saying that Shinobi isnt biological son of Shaw, they just let it on the air,
    Last edited by Rang10; 02-21-2021 at 12:39 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    The only way of Emma knowing this would be via telepathy, but if she knew other telepaths would know too.
    Not necessarily. They'd have to be absolute top-tier telepaths who didn't get their powers last year from another mutant. No Kwannons need apply. And they'd have to have very flexible ethics regarding traipsing around in other peoples noggins without permissions. No Jean Greys need apply. And they'd have to be *supremely* confident that they could do it and get away with it. (That doesn't rule out many, since many of them have pretty big egos. Monet, Quentin, Exodus, etc.!)

Emma is kind of perfectly poised to be the one who has the combination of skill, power and willingness to do this.

And dropping a bomb like the naming of a hospital after Moira in front of Charles and Erik, knowing that it means *absolutely nothing* to anyone who isn't in on the big secret, and therefore comes across as 100% innocuous to everyone else on the planet, is a total power-move, and very much the sort of thing Emma would do, even if it is dangerous and ill-advised, because she doesn't play it safe, nor does she long stand being underestimated (she played that game for years at the Hellfire Club, I think she's outgrown that 'look pretty and let them think they're the smart ones while you rob them blind' phase and is ready to be taken seriously as one of the power players, and not one of the party favors).

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Not necessarily. They'd have to be absolute top-tier telepaths who didn't get their powers last year from another mutant. No Kwannons need apply. And they'd have to have very flexible ethics regarding traipsing around in other peoples noggins without permissions. No Jean Greys need apply. And they'd have to be *supremely* confident that they could do it and get away with it. (That doesn't rule out many, since many of them have pretty big egos. Monet, Quentin, Exodus, etc.!)

Emma is kind of perfectly poised to be the one who has the combination of skill, power and willingness to do this.

And dropping a bomb like the naming of a hospital after Moira in front of Charles and Erik, knowing that it means *absolutely nothing* to anyone who isn't in on the big secret, and therefore comes across as 100% innocuous to everyone else on the planet, is a total power-move, and very much the sort of thing Emma would do, even if it is dangerous and ill-advised, because she doesn't play it safe, nor does she long stand being underestimated (she played that game for years at the Hellfire Club, I think she's outgrown that 'look pretty and let them think they're the smart ones while you rob them blind' phase and is ready to be taken seriously as one of the power players, and not one of the party favors).
    Except that she gains NOTHING by revealing it, and risks everything, because Xavier is a more powerful, experienced and skilled telepath than she is, and one that was willing even to mindwipe the people he cares about, and she knows that. She also knows that he has access to everyone's memories with Cerebro and backups. She also knows Magneto had been trying to murder her for much less relatively recently. And she probably doesn't know exactly how dangerous Moira is. This isn't a high-risk, high-reward scenario for her- it's a extremely high-risk, no reward whatsoever for her, because at the best case scenario, they simply do nothing and she gains nothing in return. And a smart writer would know that.

Well Jean was inside his mind many times, Psylocke I guess was really close to it on last astonishing x-men volume.

If Emma knows other people should also know too.

POwer move? Xavier and Magneto would stop on nothing to mindwipe and kill her, maybe not even bring her back from the dead.
    She wins nothing from being this reckless. Unless the writers want us to believe that magneto and Xavier are dumb AF

Ultimate Member

Xavier and Magneto would stop on nothing to mindwipe and kill her,
    You and I have a very different idea of who Xavier and Magneto are.

I don't necessarily love them, or think they're saints or anything, but I don't see either of them going so far as murder at this point. (Maybe years ago, for Magneto...)

You and I have a very different idea of who Xavier and Magneto are.

I don't necessarily love them, or think they're saints or anything, but I don't see either of them going so far as murder at this point. (Maybe years ago, for Magneto...)
    Magneto was always a villain and Xavier has been a shady guy for some time, he is keeping secrets from everyone and playing everyone. They aren't good people

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    Moira warned them that Emma was up to something. And Emma warned Xavier that he was not subtle enough to fool her. Men never listen to women even though we know better.
    This exactly. In fact Id wager Moira approached Emma. Emma hinting this could be part of their plan

Also Emma sat on a council with other Machiavellian people who had TP blockers finding out other peoples secrets is her thing. Also a no prize as Phoenix Emma read everyomes secrets on the planet in AvX. Regardless shes gifted and powerful enough to figure it out.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 02-21-2021 at 07:03 PM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Magneto was always a villain and Xavier has been a shady guy for some time, he is keeping secrets from everyone and playing everyone. They aren't good people
    Also, Xavier has mindwiped people he cared a lot more than Emma, exactly to keep his secrets.

Also, she can be resurrected pretty much immediately after dying, just missing the key information.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Mama knows because Mama knows all that goes down in Krakoa

SHE IS KRAKOA!!!
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Magneto and Xavier already were planning on telling the rest of the X-men Moira´s truth this was clear since HoX, what they don´t like is Emma putting attention on Moira´s in a public statement, for all the world to see, because she´s Krakoa´s biggest secret and needs to be protected. They won´t kill Emma over this, they are not like that but they may need to talk to her about Moira´s essential importance to their entire world and how she should not play around with her name like that because if Emma realized in how much danger she´s putting all of them she would not have done something like this.

I think the Hospital is a great idea and Duggan seems to be playing with the fact some characters know about Moira while some don´t.

Also, I don´t know if Hickman remembers this but Magneto has one of Destiny diaries since Brubaker run, in fact Destiny herself wanted him to keep it and them both interacted a little during Carey´s Necrosha issue, which Hickman have said he read, so I wonder if this is the reason why he and Charles agreed to put a date to Destiny coming back.

I also would like to say that Charles and Erik are not hidding Moira and Destiny for an evil scheme, they honestly believe they are doing a good thing keeping this a secret, it´s not a big conspirancy for them but more like a state secret imo.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-21-2021 at 10:40 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

How does mystique know?
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    How does mystique know?
    She doesn't because she would have already leverage it to bring back Destiny.