Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I think some are misinterpreting that scene maybe that was the point, but I don't think this was Emma making some play. I think she genuinely simply wanted to honor Moira, though this stunt could be the pathway for her learning more.
    Yeeeeah I think she was being hey usysl bitchy self and inadvertently landed on the edge one of KraKoa's best kept secret
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    It was a strange choice, but given the cast and Duggan proclivity to always use Emma I'm not too surprised. I do think having Sean, and Rahne there would have felt truer to honoring Moira, but I digress.

But I do think fans are looking way too closely into this, although given the lack of Moira for the last two years, I can sort of understand it. I do think their way off base with some of these assumptions!
    Agreed we probanly are making this bigger than what it really is and it would have been awesome to see Proteus, Rahne and Sean they were the closest people to Moira besides Charles and Erik.

I like Emma but she shines most when she gets to interact to different people who get to oppose with her pov, that was part of what made Astonishing X-men and her whole relationship with Scott so memorable, she had to learn to get along with Kitty and the rest of the team, it helped to understand her. This is not the case here imo, where she takes the place of other characters which doesnīt quite belong to her, even if she and Sean used to be close, she was not close to Moira at all. Rahne and Sean would make more sense here if they also were here with Emma and Kitty. Even more so because they remember her human life, it would be interesting to see Hickmanīs Moira react to them again.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-22-2021 at 10:15 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Emma is Emma! she didnīt do the Hospital thing to honor Moira. She has basically not interacted with her that we know of. So it was not important to have Sean and Rahne there (though I think that the writer just forgot about them, it would have made sense and we could have had a Sean and Emma reunion. Pity). Emma knows or at least suspects there is something of importance going on with Moira, Charles and Magnus. That is why they were invited and not Sean or/and Rahne. In my opinion Emma has put them to the test... and they have failed...now she will likely look more intensely into the matter....
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    Emma is Emma! she didnīt do the Hospital thing to honor Moira. She has basically not interacted with her that we know of. So it was not important to have Sean and Rahne there (though I think that the writer just forgot about them, it would have made sense and we could have had a Sean and Emma reunion. Pity). Emma knows or at least suspects there is something of importance going on with Moira, Charles and Magnus. That is why they were invited and not Sean or/and Rahne. In my opinion Emma has put them to the test... and they have failed...now she will likely look more intensely into the matter....
    Except it makes no sense since Emma barely knew Moira and there was no groundwork laid for such a connection like there was with Moira and Mystique before and during Hickman's run. Not even Sinister is snitching on Charles and Erik. Duggan just pulls this out of nowhere. This is some Starlin-level favouritism.
    "Cable was right!"

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Emma knows Moira. She and Charles approached her when Emma was still a stripper at the Hellfire Club. Charles repressed the memory, but that all ended with Deadly Genesis.

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    Emma knows Moira. She and Charles approached her when Emma was still a stripper at the Hellfire Club. Charles repressed the memory, but that all ended with Deadly Genesis.
    Here as well when they tried to recruit her the first time
    Attached Images Attached Images

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Emma knows Moira existed. No crap.
    Next you're gonna tell me Thor and Magneto are drinking buddies.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Emma knows Moira existed. No crap.
    Next you're gonna tell me Thor and Magneto are drinking buddies.
    Nah, everyone knows Magneto's drinking buddy is Titanium man. Sometimes, Crimson Dynamo tags along.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Here as well when they tried to recruit her the first time
    Deadly Genesis and Emma's Origins are fanfic crap and should be forgotten like a bad dream

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I do not call that vote tie over Shaw a schism.Shaw is the most irrelevant council member but he had the wrath of the girls, Emma if she becomes a nuisance, could be in real trouble.Obviously voting her off the council is a possibility all that is required is to find the right pretext and I doubt that vote for Shaw will repeat identically for her.There is putting her down the pecking order in resurrection, that is Xavier's purview in any case, she could wake up with s Swiss cheese mind if Xavier is even lenient. She is playing a dangerous game.I agree with Cyclops being her hero in this scenario but that would depend in some way on Jean.I don't think it's an automatic knight in shining armour scenario.The humanity on the island idea needs to play out before I can be convinced that it will create a schism.If it is even put to a vote as it stands right now majority of the council apart from Storm,Kurt and Emma wouldn't admit humanity on there,I'm not sure Magneto's mind is about being magnanimous but more like White Sword loving to see the 'lessers' grovel and beg.I don't put stock in Magneto on humanity unfortunately
    I'm sure Kitty would vote to admit some humans as well. Sorry, I meant Kate.
    Last edited by Marvelman; 02-24-2021 at 02:23 PM.