Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Mystique only knows what Destiny said to her, that there would be a time when all the mutants would unite but would reject Destiny so she told her that if they didnt decide to bring her back then Mystique should burn it all down.

Destiny is a character used to hide information and only give enough to different people at the time depending of how she wants things to happen, for example she didn´t told Mystique she was going to be killed, this actually made Raven mad at her for years, neither did she tried to change Rogue´s mind when she joined the X-men and she told Mystique how she could save Rogue from the virus she had during Carey´s run.

So imo in the present story, she told part of the truth to Moira, she told something else to Mystique, it´s possible she left something else in her diaries and Blindfold may have known something about this situation too but Destiny is the one who knows almost everything imo, she´s key player and maybe that´s why not even Erik and Charles want her to stay dead despite Moira´s protests.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-21-2021 at 11:20 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Magneto and Xavier already were planning on telling the rest of the X-men Moira´s truth this was clear since HoX, what they don´t like is Emma putting attention on Moira´s in a public statement, for all the world to see, because she´s Krakoa´s biggest secret and needs to be protected. They won´t kill Emma over this, they are not like that but they may need to talk to her about Moira´s essential importance to their entire world and how she should not play around with her name like that because if Emma realized in how much danger she´s putting all of them she would not have done something like this.

I think the Hospital is a great idea and Duggan seems to be playing with the fact some characters know about Moira while some don´t.

Also, I don´t know if Hickman remembers this but Magneto has one of Destiny diaries since Brubaker run, in fact Destiny herself wanted him to keep it and them both interacted a little during Carey´s Necrosha issue, which Hickman have said he read, so I wonder if this is the reason why he and Charles agreed to put a date to Destiny coming back.

I also would like to say that Charles and Erik are not hidding Moira and Destiny for an evil scheme, they honestly believe they are doing a good thing keeping this a secret, it´s not a big conspirancy for them but more like a state secret imo.
    I agree with this. This seems to be the explanation that makes the most sense for me with what's going on.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    How does mystique know?
    My guess is probably Irene told her of possible futures or iterations of Moira, but I'm assuming she doesn't know where she is hiding or if she does know maybe she doesn't want to tip the scale yet, she may know it all ends with Moira and so her only desire is to get Irene back ,but not annihilate reality. Those are scary Ifs and buts to contemplate coz Mystique is well Mystique.It's much easier to imagine she knows nothing about Moira but at some point she will and there will be a reckoning.Equally scary would be Exodus finding out these secrets, he doesn't seem to handle duplicity well
    Last edited by Rev9; 02-22-2021 at 04:10 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Except that she gains NOTHING by revealing it, and risks everything, because Xavier is a more powerful, experienced and skilled telepath than she is, and one that was willing even to mindwipe the people he cares about, and she knows that. She also knows that he has access to everyone's memories with Cerebro and backups. She also knows Magneto had been trying to murder her for much less relatively recently. And she probably doesn't know exactly how dangerous Moira is. This isn't a high-risk, high-reward scenario for her- it's a extremely high-risk, no reward whatsoever for her, because at the best case scenario, they simply do nothing and she gains nothing in return. And a smart writer would know that.
    Well put,I don't see what she wants to gain, if she knew anything and was smart she'd keep it close to her chest as some ace in the hole.She's just playing silly games.Emma in the bigger scheme is irrelevant.I believe the Moira reveal will create the classic schism between Magnus and Xavier.Seems to me Xavier will try to keep his word to reveal the truth to the mutants when they face a dire choice,but Magnus true to form will go to great lengths to keep the secret.We do not know much yet,because secret or no,Moira has to find a way to overcome mortality something she failed in life 9(hundreds of years) and life 6(thousands of years into the future). I don't know what she has and hasn't tried but time will run out for her eventually. Unless they want a reset ,to keep the status quo they need to come up with a fix.
    Last edited by Rev9; 02-22-2021 at 10:51 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Hopefully Emma does something about this in the future, i need answers of why Moira doesn't want precogs in Krakoa

Hopefully if Legion ever appears on Krakoa he confronts them about wanting to resurrect his girlfriend Blindfold.
    A powerful omega like Legion doesn't need to stand in line for the 5 to call his number, he can bring Blindfold back himself! Probably why Legion is not on the island ,that brother charts his own path

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    We'll put,I don't see what she wants to gain, if she knew anything and was smart she'd keep it close to her chest as some ace in the hole.She's just playing silly games.Emma in the bigger scheme is irrelevant.I believe the Moira reveal will create the classic schism between Magnus and Xavier.Seems to me Xavier will try to keep his word to reveal the truth to the mutants when they face a dire choice,but Magnus true to form will go to great lengths to keep the secret.We do not know much yet,because secret or no,Moira has to find a way to overcome mortality something she failed in life 9(hundreds of years) and life 6(thousands of years into the future). I don't know what she has and hasn't tried but time will run out for her eventually. Unless they want a reset ,to keep the status quo they need to come up with a fix.
    Emma is irrelevant?? what X Men comics have you been reading?? she is at the top of the hierarchy of the decision makers.. that is why it is relevant if she KNOWS or not and what is she going to do with it... for starters I think that if she knows possibly Kate knows too... and possibly Ororo. Scott and/or Jean I wouldnt be so sure she would confide
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

A powerful omega like Legion doesn't need to stand in line for the 5 to call his number, he can bring Blindfold back himself! Probably why Legion is not on the island ,that brother charts his own path
    thank you, someone needed to say that but I really did not wanna bother.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    Emma is irrelevant?? what X Men comics have you been reading?? she is at the top of the hierarchy of the decision makers.. that is why it is relevant if she KNOWS or not and what is she going to do with it... for starters I think that if she knows possibly Kate knows too... and possibly Ororo. Scott and/or Jean I wouldnt be so sure she would confide
    My reading of why she's 'irrelevant' is she is most likely going to burn bridges with X and Magnus, and her own resurrection in any eventuality will be forfeit.Who will she go to Sinister? Also unless the writers try to re-characterise Storm and Kate to make them the new sisterhood of mutants.I highly doubt Storm or Kate will go along with her when it comes to anything devious or treacherous.Her only ally to screw Magnus and X will be Mystique and she will do it for the lols and stab her in the back when she gets the chance. Don't even want to go to Exodus who will eviscerate anyone who has been lying or whoever will try to undermine Krakoa's existence with this info.I don't know her only temporary allies could be the wildcards like Selene or Sinister.I just don't trust Emma's powers of persuasion, manipulation maybe but I don't see her having as much pull as she thinks she does.I'm waiting to be surprised.

My reading of why she's 'irrelevant' is she is most likely going to burn bridges with X and Magnus, and her own resurrection in any eventuality will be forfeit.Who will she go to Sinister? Also unless the writers try to re-characterise Storm and Kate to make them the new sisterhood of mutants.I highly doubt Storm or Kate will go along with her when it comes to anything devious or treacherous.Her only ally to screw Magnus and X will be Mystique and she will do it for the lols and stab her in the back when she gets the chance. Don't even want to go to Exodus who will eviscerate anyone who has been lying or whoever will try to undermine Krakoa's existence with this info.I don't know her only temporary allies could be the wildcards like Selene or Sinister.I just don't trust Emma's powers of persuasion, manipulation maybe but I don't see her having as much pull as she thinks she does.I'm waiting to be surprised.
    Then you're not reading Marauders as the Schism in the Quiet Council was a plot point over what they did to Shaw. The only person being paternalistic and treacherous is Xavier and to a lesser extent Magneto surprisingly. Xaviers anti human immigration is in stark contrast to Kitty, Magneto and Emma's welcoming of human refugees.

Furthermore, Captain Commander of the Krakoan Government and Leader of the Non-Government sponsored mutant superhero team (lulz) Cyclops won't tolerate that.

And niether would most of the Academus Habitat

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I think some are misinterpreting that scene maybe that was the point, but I don't think this was Emma making some play. I think she genuinely simply wanted to honor Moira, though this stunt could be the pathway for her learning more.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Then you're not reading Marauders as the Schism in the Quiet Council was a plot point over what they did to Shaw. The only person being paternalistic and treacherous is Xavier and to a lesser extent Magneto surprisingly. Xaviers anti human immigration is in stark contrast to Kitty, Magneto and Emma's welcoming of human refugees.

Furthermore, Captain Commander of the Krakoan Government and Leader of the Non-Government sponsored mutant superhero team (lulz) Cyclops won't tolerate that.

And niether would most of the Academus Habitat
    I do not call that vote tie over Shaw a schism.Shaw is the most irrelevant council member but he had the wrath of the girls, Emma if she becomes a nuisance, could be in real trouble.Obviously voting her off the council is a possibility all that is required is to find the right pretext and I doubt that vote for Shaw will repeat identically for her.There is putting her down the pecking order in resurrection, that is Xavier's purview in any case, she could wake up with s Swiss cheese mind if Xavier is even lenient. She is playing a dangerous game.I agree with Cyclops being her hero in this scenario but that would depend in some way on Jean.I don't think it's an automatic knight in shining armour scenario.The humanity on the island idea needs to play out before I can be convinced that it will create a schism.If it is even put to a vote as it stands right now majority of the council apart from Storm,Kurt and Emma wouldn't admit humanity on there,I'm not sure Magneto's mind is about being magnanimous but more like White Sword loving to see the 'lessers' grovel and beg.I don't put stock in Magneto on humanity unfortunately

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I think some are misinterpreting that scene maybe that was the point, but I don't think this was Emma making some play. I think she genuinely simply wanted to honor Moira, though this stunt could be the pathway for her learning more.
    Honestly the scene would've made more sense if Emma was closer to Moira like Sean was. So now everybody is gonna go "Emma knows!". Should've changed it up a little.
    "Cable was right!"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I agree with this take. Emma just used Moira's name to get a rise out of Xavier and Magneto, she doesn't know squat about Moira being alive, being a mutant or the whole secret plan between Charles, Erik and Moira. Absolutely nothing suggests she knows anything and if she did find out I think she would have a different reaction, she was simply trolling them. Some have this idea that Emma is the most important or indispensable person on Krakoa and it's just not true. She oversees the shipping and distribution of drugs, that's it. Warren and Monet could take over that duty with X-corps, no big deal. Emma is on Krakoa and a council member because Xavier and Magneto put her on it, like they put the rest, they handed her the drug shipments because they had more important things to do. On the list of mutants essential to Krakoa Emma is not at the top. Plus I don't think Hickman is ready for that whole shoe to drop about Moira quite yet. And I would think he would want to script that, not have Duggan do it in a trolling fashion. This is just a case of wishful thinking on the Emma fans part. Highly overestimating Emma whilst vastly underestimating Xavie, Magneto and Moira herself. Those three put a plan in place from the beginning, decades in the making but Emma comes along and figures it out, yeah right. Total fanwanking.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Honestly the scene would've made more sense if Emma was closer to Moira like Sean was. So now everybody is gonna go "Emma knows!". Should've changed it up a little.
    It was a strange choice, but given the cast and Duggan proclivity to always use Emma I'm not too surprised. I do think having Sean, and Rahne there would have felt truer to honoring Moira, but I digress.

But I do think fans are looking way too closely into this, although given the lack of Moira for the last two years, I can sort of understand it. I do think their way off base with some of these assumptions!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The fact that Emma was close to Sean in the Gen X days (and Sean formerly dated Moira), is about as close a connection as they have, and it would have added an extra layer if Emma had ever shown the slightest interest in what's going on with Sean these days. It would have seemed like a nice gesture, if she had dedicated the hospital to Moira in Sean's honor and perhaps to help snap him out of whatever funk he's in these days, but the writing didn't really suggest anything other than Emma was power-moving, as Emma does.

That said, it is amusing all the 'Emma couldn't possibly know' going on here. She's the whiz who banged out a mind-swapping gizmo to use on Storm back in the day, the sort of psi-tech that only Xavier had previously shown any talent for. She's not a bobblehead, no matter how she dresses.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 02-22-2021 at 02:53 PM.