Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Assuming that he would survive 70 and be able to successfully navigate the situation (attack on New York) to be at the right place at the right time seems like putting an awful lot of reality at risk for the life of Captain America. Doesn't seem like a choice he would make.
    If you adopt their approach them hym choosing to take the stone back doesn't seem a good choice he would make the whole precept is that hes taking it back to prevent any changes to the time line therefore he wouldn't have gone back if he couldn't prevent his presence in the past making significant changes to the time line. To do this he had to have made sure he knew exactly what everyone he planned to interact with had done. So that he interacted with them in a way that didn't change that. For example I doubt he returned to the moment he crashed and froze I'd suspect he returned a few years later so that his reconnecting with Peggy didn't affect the events of her own series. He would have had to have gone somewhere that his presence didn't affect a lot. He could also have done the whole back to the Future 3 thing. Buried the stone in a place near to him and mailed a letter to the ancient one to relieve the day after they borrowed the stone as a fall back position in case he didn't make it.

As for surviving he was peak human and had a reasonable expectation of knowing of every danger to have avoided. He wouldn't for example have been in thebworld trade centre on 9/11, or in NY when Loki opened the portal.

The fact is we know he went back because he was aged that much when he met Falcon. If you can't believe that the ancient one wound have sent him back there are plot ways around that to still achieve the same result and what I offered is but 1.

I would be okay with mutants being a product of The Snap or Wanda’s Hex. Or just use the multiverse angle and bring them into the MCU that way ( they could even keep the Fox First Class/ apocalypse cast instead of recasting everyone again. Plus Deadpool 3 is going to be in the MCU and has referenced that version of the x men characters as well.

Saying they been around in the MCU since Iron Man 1 is a bit of a stretch given all that has happened in the MCU. The events of Avengers 1 or Thanos and the events of Infinity War and Endgame would have caught the attention of Professor X and any current X men or mutants in hiding. I feel they would assist in that sort of high threat event. It could work if given a good explanation, but seems too complicated to do and make sense.
    Last edited by Iron_Legion87; 02-22-2021 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Saying they been around in the MCU since Iron Man 1 is a bit of a stretch given all that has happened in the MCU. I mean Thanos would have caught the attention of Professor X and stuff. I mean it could work if given a good explanation, but seems too complicated to do and make sense.
    I personally don't understand this kind of reasoning. Firstly, we've seen it a million times in comics where we accept they are in a shared universe, but Professor X or the Avengers didn't intervene when Galactus showed up in Fantastic Four, The FF didn't show up to fight Magneto in whatever issue of X-Men, etc etc etc etc... Also, mutants aren't necessarily heroes. They mostly try to hide who they are or fight amongst themselves or against those who target them. It's easy to say most of them (the ones we introduce first) didn't have the powerset to even approach someone like Thanos even if they wanted to. It's easy enough to say the MCU Prof X isn't some OP telepath who can strike down a Titan in Wakanda from upstate NY, or during Endgame post-Hulksnap when the world was in emotional chaos reacting to billions of people suddenly reappearing. There's also nothing to say some mutants didn't intervene in some way during these events but on a smaller scale that didn't affect what we saw happening in the Avengers. They just weren't organized into teams and put on costumes at the time.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 02-22-2021 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    *Btw, I also don't think Magneto needs to be a WWII survivor - it was a retcon in the first place and one could say he experienced any number of other genocides that have taken place and take place in our world all the time. It could actually be a more powerful message to remind people that we haven't learned from the atrocities of WWII - that they still do happen and can happen again, which is Magneto's whole point.
    I agree with this here, The best approach I think for Magneto is that he is a survivor of fictional genocide, I think they should do the DC approach which means a fictional country as well. I would make Magneto the survivor of the genocide in the country of Genosha and you can see how that will come into play in the future. I think Magneto would have the perfect righteous wrath which is his thing if the largest and first organized population of mutants in the world was subject to massacre and the world basically did nothing to stop it. Magneto would still be a Jew and would have total no trust in humanity because his grandparents would have survived the Holocaust and he would have survived his event. Something like that in my opinion is just as effective and you don't have to do a sci-fi stretch to fix Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I personally don't understand this kind of reasoning. Firstly, we've seen it a million times in comics where we accept they are in a shared universe, but Professor X or the Avengers didn't intervene when Galactus showed up in Fantastic Four, The FF didn't show up to fight Magneto in whatever issue of X-Men, etc etc etc etc... Also, mutants aren't necessarily heroes. They mostly try to hide who they are or fight amongst themselves or against those who target them. It's easy to say most of them (the ones we introduce first) didn't have the powerset to even approach someone like Thanos even if they wanted to. It's easy enough to say the MCU Prof X isn't some OP telepath who can strike down a Titan in Wakanda from upstate NY, or during Endgame post-Hulksnap when the world was in emotional chaos reacting to billions of people suddenly reappearing. There's also nothing to say some mutants didn't intervene in some way during these events but on a smaller scale that didn't affect what we saw happening in the Avengers. They just weren't organized into teams and put on costumes at the time.
    You do have a point and it makes sense. They could say mutants were helping out here or there in secret.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    You do have a point and it makes sense. They could say mutants were helping out here or there in secret.
    Given the difficulties people insist on seeing after everyone was brought back, I could see mutants being quite busy saving all the people falling out of airplanes they are five years too late for. Or for that matter, rescuing them out of deep space given the planet has moved out from under them

They should do it the way Star Wars does things: Bury it in an opening crawl somewhere and just have it happen.

"Marvel Phase IV: A New Hope
    After Hulk snapped everybody back into existence, Wanda went crazy and may or may not have created a sitcom reality in New Jersey and may or may not have brought the Vision back
    SWORD is basically SHIELD under a different name, up to and including being irreconcilably corrupt
    There are mutants now
    Inhumans never happened
    Spider-man went to Europe.
    Now, somewhere out in the universe, the Eternals are doing what they do"
    And then immediately segue into the Eternals movie

BANNED

Looks like Fiege may stick to the traditional definition with how to introduce x-men/mutants.

Spoilers for wandavision. You have been warned.

Wanda is almost certainly refereed to as a mutant. the show defined her powers as mutants as defined.

Agatha to Wanda in quote.

''I know what you are, you have no idea how dangerous you are, you suppose to be myth, a being of spontaneous creation but here you are using it to make breakfast for dinner, this whole little life you made, this is chaos magic wanda but that makes you the scarlet witch''.

This is your introduction. it matches other live action xmen movies and cartoons of defining mutants.

She said, "a being capable of spontaneous creation."

I wouldn't say it's "almost certain" that she's a mutant. She may have had powers as a kid before the Hydra experiments - they're messing with us a bit. Agatha calls her a person from myth - that's not the definition of a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I agree with this here, The best approach I think for Magneto is that he is a survivor of fictional genocide, I think they should do the DC approach which means a fictional country as well. I would make Magneto the survivor of the genocide in the country of Genosha and you can see how that will come into play in the future. I think Magneto would have the perfect righteous wrath which is his thing if the largest and first organized population of mutants in the world was subject to massacre and the world basically did nothing to stop it. Magneto would still be a Jew and would have total no trust in humanity because his grandparents would have survived the Holocaust and he would have survived his event. Something like that in my opinion is just as effective and you don't have to do a sci-fi stretch to fix Magneto.
    I had a thought that for the first movie, you introduce Magneto as a Che Guevara like figure. His (helmeted) face is on stickers and T-shirts and several decades ago there was supposedly some revolutionary figure that might have had some super powers, but nobody really knocks much about the actual guy and many people think his "mutant powers" was just tricks.

As credit sequence, we have Fabian Cortez and some followers track down an ancient looking man in a retirement home under a false name. Fabian drains the life energy out of one of his followers to turn the old man (who is, of course, actually Magneto) back into a young man again and more powerful than he's ever been before.