35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Moench era

24 68.57%
  • Bendis era

1 2.86%
  • Ellis era

10 28.57%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm certainly hoping it's primarily the Moench run with elements of the Ellis run and the Huston run (which I hated, btw, but I think the multiple personality disorder take is an interesting angle if handled properly, which Huston did not). Maybe even a bit of the old Fist of Konshu book thrown in, as well as the early Werewolf By Night appearances (especially if Ethan Hawke winds up playing Jack Russell). The less Bendis, the better.

I voted for Moench.
    Nothing has matched volume one for me.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I assume by Ellis era you mean from his 6issue run forward.

Correcto.
    /10char/

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    I'm certainly hoping it's primarily the Moench run with elements of the Ellis run and the Huston run (which I hated, btw, but I think the multiple personality disorder take is an interesting angle if handled properly, which Huston did not). Maybe even a bit of the old Fist of Konshu book thrown in, as well as the early Werewolf By Night appearances (especially if Ethan Hawke winds up playing Jack Russell). The less Bendis, the better.
    Holy bling! Fist of Khonshu is a childhood favorite. If the budget can handle it, then I'd be up for it...

Last edited by K7P5V; 03-02-2021 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Extraordinary Member

Huston era...that is really a rebirth of the character but where I really loved seeing him.

I really want them to do their own thing with the series though. Maybe the MPD is not from childhood but when he was in the CIA he was part of a program that was part Treadstone (from the Bourne movies) and an attempt to reproduce the super soldier serum and that is when his MPD developed based on old undercover identities he had.

Bendis based on track record, his fingerprints are everywhere on Marvel TV and film so his approach seems to resonate with live action. Ellis because of recency, and I just enjoyed his run
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I imagine it will be a mixture of the original Moench run with a bit of Huston & Ellis - as if all were stirred in a pot to make something new. It seems like they want to take him down an “Indiana Jones” approach from what they’ve told us so far. It’s difficult as he’s not really got a single story to follow in the comics that they can adapt.
    Really? That's cool. I guess that desert sequence in "Rise of SKywalker" made them think of Poe as Marc. This is what I had posted 5 yrs ago thinking about a MK movie: But the movie universe doesn't have a prominent vigilante franchise - MK really could be Marvel's Batman, just less serious... and a lot more "Indiana Jones." Take into account his past as a mercenary, his quasi-mystical origins and [multiple] personalities, I can see Marvel making Marc Spector the most hands-on, "street" hero of the cinematic MCU but with a foot still in the Indiana Jones, Egyptian god, mystical bent. He has a kooky personality, a built-in cast of helpers, multiple identities that don't involve a mask (which helps give the actors more to do than fight and the CGI dept less to do as well), and fun toys/gadgets!

Also, I'd want them to be mostly influenced by Meonch, but throw in his "Mr Knight" outfit when appropriate.

Mighty Member

It's crazy to me that you put Bendis on this poll over Huston, who is the person most responsible for Moon Knight as he is today. Personally I voted Moench, but we know that's not going to happen. They will definitely use his insanity as a selling point, while simultaneously continuing to portray mental illness as a dangerous thing without any sympathy towards the characters or audience members that have it. Ellis is probably our best hope.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Ellis and Bendis wrote like a mini each. Or is Lemire onsidered Ellis Era? Bendis did write traditional MK during Ultimate Spider-Man. I had forgotten about it until I went through my collection.

The Ellis era is him, Cullen Bunn's 6 issue arc and Brian Wood's 6 issue arc.

Bemis's run and Lemire's run are seperate.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The Ellis era is him, Cullen Bunn's 6 issue arc and Brian Wood's 6 issue arc.

Bemis's run and Lemire's run are seperate.
    Just wondering why Lemire doesn't get some love here or in the appreciation thread while forgetting Ultimate Spider-Man and Bemis. Time for a reread

Definitely the one with the suit, I'm expecting them to go full on crazy
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8