Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    1.) Changing Cheetah's identity 4 times over the years has not helped her IMO. She needs to have a solidified identity as in most DC Comics' readers knowing what her real name is and how she became the Cheetah.
    I don't really see Cheetah changing identities as a problem. Characters changing identities is pretty common, Marvel does it all the time with but with their heroes instead of their villains ironically. Plenty of comic fans don't even know about Sebastian and Debbie and Pricilla is only well known from Superfriends. I think the Brave and the Bold cartoon used Pricilla more than the comics have this past decade. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if casual fans just assume Barbara is the Cheetah from the 40's, they are both blonde now.

Barbara has been the main Cheetah for 34 years. She's the one everyone thinks about when you mention Cheetah, casual fan or not. Even the Wonder Woman '77 comic used her and not Pricilla, (I know it was because Pricilla had died but it would have been more accurate for them to use Debbie if they wanted to stick with the time period). Barbara is the main-stay Cheetah and I don't see that changing anytime soon, especially after WW84.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I don't really see Cheetah changing identities as a problem. Characters changing identities is pretty common, Marvel does it all the time with but with their heroes instead of their villains ironically. Plenty of comic fans don't even know about Sebastian and Debbie and Pricilla is only well known from Superfriends. I think the Brave and the Bold cartoon used Pricilla more than the comics have this past decade. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if casual fans just assume Barbara is the Cheetah from the 40's, they are both blonde now.

Barbara has been the main Cheetah for 34 years. She's the one everyone thinks about when you mention Cheetah, casual fan or not. Even the Wonder Woman '77 comic used her and not Pricilla, (I know it was because Pricilla had died but it would have been more accurate for them to use Debbie if they wanted to stick with the time period). Barbara is the main-stay Cheetah and I don't see that changing anytime soon, especially after WW84.
    Yeah, Cheetah's similar to Two-Face in that there have been other Two-Faces who aren't Harvey Dent but they are largely footnotes and only known to hardcore fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, Cheetah's similar to Two-Face in that there have been other Two-Faces who aren't Harvey Dent but they are largely footnotes and only known to hardcore fans.
    Don't even get me started on Clayface, lol.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I see the problem here is that Wonder Woman's villains are nowhere as well-known as Batman's villains. If her rogues ever become that popular and well-received, then they can do a few changes with identities but for now, I think it's too soon.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I just read Immortal Wonder Woman 2 and was taken aback by Circe's appearance. Then remembered I had seen it before...in Rucka's rebirth. Which I'm actually slowly doing a reread of but hadn't got there yet. I forget the reasoning behind it but god it's... so bad. La Roux in a breast plate is not a Circe design that shouldve stayed.

Perez/90s/Jiminez Purple curly hair is THE one. I didn't mind Dodson's redo for Simone's run but if there's a baseline (ie Giganta can wear yellow variations, not JUST the cave woman outfit) design guideline, it should be purple hair, green outfit.

Don't even get me started on Clayface, lol.
    Actually it is more like Clayface. Harvey's dopplegangers were one offs and Harvey was a part of those stories.

There has been multiple Clayfaces each having a different motive, backstory, powers and even a different gender. But if you ask anyone Matt Hagen is the one they would think of while the others are relative obscurity, and in adaptations all their qualities are given to Hagen. Barbara Minerva is the main Cheetah, she's the one that makes it to adaptations and now thanks to WW Rebirth and WW '84, elements of other Cheetah's have been added to her character.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Her leopard outfit is enough for most people to recognize her, since she had that in her costume for so long and still does in some recent tv shows. She's also still tall and muscular in her first appearance.
    The size is a dead giveaway that almost everything else doesn't matter ^^

Idk, I kind of like Circe constantly changing her appearance. Only thing I'd keep consistent would be the purple hair.
    Yeah, honestly I don't mind it because she's the manipulative type, so changing appearance fits that personality

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Ares and Circe are the primary culprits of this. I personally prefer the purple haired Perez version of Circe. I feel it’s the closest she got to an iconic look.
    I guess Ares human form yeah, he's been a middle aged man with a goatie, a young blond hottie, a dark haired hottie, Brian Azzarello with spaghetti beard, and Remus Lupin ^^

--

About Etta, usually when movies or comics change race, people riot, but no one talk about how Etta's black in comic and white in the movie. I guess she's just not as well known. The only time I heard a protest was when they made her thin in New 52, because it was a the first reboot in a long time for comic fans.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 02-24-2021 at 09:33 AM.