Victory Conditions: Death of the opposing character

Motivation: In character

Circumstance: They fight over who's the best shounen rivial

Equipment: Standard Equipment

Continuity/Canon: Composited

Rules: Stats are equal

Starting distance: 40 ft

So, GT, Super, and Xeno Vegeta...

Crap. Sorry emo ninja boy, there's no reviving the Uchihas this time.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Don't really understand the "stats equal" thing - why have the fight?
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Don't really understand the "stats equal" thing - why have the fight?
    And is that physical stats or does destructive power also scale?

In which case does Sasuke go up in scale or does Vegeta come down?

I mean, if they were made roughly equal in one way or another, Sasuke has a hell of a lot more diverse bag of tricks to pull on. Energy mecha, substitution, eye contact hallucination traps, inextinguishable hot sticky flames hotter than the sun on eye contact, turning Vegeta into the moon and all that nasty stuff. I could see an argument that, all things equal, Sasuke could take it.

But I'm not sure if that's what we're actually discussing here.

That's kind of it: Vegeta is much more powerful, much faster, much more dangerous, if he's Vegeta. If this is Sasuke against Vegeta, one of them gets effectively their whole bag of tricks and the other one... doesn't... it's not really a fight.

I guess it's just not really a fight either way.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Extraordinary Member

Such odd parameters for the fight.

There are a surprising number of different Vegetas from official media. Just the manga and anime versions of DBZ Vegeta are somewhat different in terms of feats, which is even more pronounced in the Super series. Then there's GT Vegeta, a few different versions from the video games and Xeno saga. All in all it's just a lot of Vegetas, and pretty much all of them could incinerate Sasuke before he has a chance to move. Shoving them all together into one just adds to that.

But then their stats are equalized so the composite is rendered moot.

It's just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Such odd parameters for the fight.

There are a surprising number of different Vegetas from official media. Just the manga and anime versions of DBZ Vegeta are somewhat different in terms of feats, which is even more pronounced in the Super series. Then there's GT Vegeta, a few different versions from the video games and Xeno saga. All in all it's just a lot of Vegetas, and pretty much all of them could incinerate Sasuke before he has a chance to move. Shoving them all together into one just adds to that.

But then their stats are equalized so the composite is rendered moot.

It's just weird.
    I mean, even if stats start off equal, Vegeta has multiple Super Saiyan levels., so it's not like it's going to stay equal for long.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

We all know that this is going to end with Vegeta adopting Sasuke.

No, the fact that he is currently an adult means nothing, considering that Vegeta basically adopted the probably adult professional Cabba and is still fatherly over a 33 year old Future Trunks. He can teach him how to better get along with a genius wife and socially well adjusted child, if only by having experience on what not to do.

"Look, anniversaries are IMPORTANT, apparently. Don't try and fight it, just have your brat set up a permanent recurring order at the nicest florist in town from your allowance and set some sort of alarm for the week before so that you can remember how to bake a cake for that day because you definitely aren't going to be buying anything that she hasn't already bought herself."
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 02-22-2021 at 09:15 AM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post

No, the fact that he is currently an adult means nothing, considering that Vegeta basically adopted the probably adult professional Cabba and is still fatherly over a 33 year old Future Trunks. He can teach him how to better get along with a genius wife and socially well adjusted child, if only by having experience on what not to do.

"Look, anniversaries are IMPORTANT, apparently. Don't try and fight it, just have your brat set up a permanent recurring order at the nicest florist in town from your allowance and set some sort of alarm for the week before so that you can remember how to bake a cake for that day because you definitely aren't going to be buying anything that she hasn't already bought herself."
    "Now, once you settle in to being a domesticated man, you're going to be tempted to turn back to the dark side and some kind of pact with an obviously evil person for access to higher levels of power,"

"Actually I did that already,"

"Oh really? How long ago?"

"Um... I was... 14 or so? Got bitten an evil snake ninja and became his apprentice for a while. My brother killed him and then died. Tried to topple the secret government after that. Tried to take over the world kind of? I was in a bad space,"

"So how's your relationship with your kid?"

"Honestly, I find my... best... friend's... ?"

"That term never stops being strange. You try and murder them long enough and somehow they just keep coming back,"

"Yeah, that guy, his kid. I find his kid easier to get on with. I've been teaching him ninja stuff,"

"Okay, you should also train the girl,"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    "Now, once you settle in to being a domesticated man, you're going to be tempted to turn back to the dark side and some kind of pact with an obviously evil person for access to higher levels of power,"

"Actually I did that already,"

"Oh really? How long ago?"

"Um... I was... 14 or so? Got bitten an evil snake ninja and became his apprentice for a while. My brother killed him and then died. Tried to topple the secret government after that. Tried to take over the world kind of? I was in a bad space,"

"So how's your relationship with your kid?"

"Honestly, I find my... best... friend's... ?"

"That term never stops being strange. You try and murder them long enough and somehow they just keep coming back,"

"Yeah, that guy, his kid. I find his kid easier to get on with. I've been teaching him ninja stuff,"

"Okay, you should also train the girl,"
    Sasuke: I do... occascionally.

Vegeta: You should probably do it more. Also, public displays of affection are generally appreciated I've noticed. No matter how insipid or pointless they are.

Sasuke: I once tried to give her piggyback ride in public. She did not appreciate that.

Vegeta: Hah, I bet that made you look foolish.

Sasuke: You're one to talk. I've seen your bingo dance.

Vegeta: ...I'm gonna go scream until a mountain breaks apart and then we discuss how to buy birthday presents.

This just turned into the thread of the week.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Vegeta: "You know what can help bond with your kids as much as training? Camping. Take your daughter out on a ninja training trip for a year. Not only will you help her gain control of your bloodline's powerful (relatively speaking)..."

Sasuke: "I heard that."

Vegeta: "...abilities, you'll either learn to like each other a lot more or whichever one of you survives can tell everyone else that the other got heroically eaten by a bear or something."

Extraordinary Member

Vegeta: "You know what can help bond with your kids as much as training? Camping. Take your daughter out on a ninja training trip for a year. Not only will you help her gain control of your bloodline's powerful (relatively speaking)..."

Sasuke: "I heard that."

Vegeta: "...abilities, you'll either learn to like each other a lot more or whichever one of you survives can tell everyone else that the other got heroically eaten by a bear or something."
    Sasuke: I killed a giant bear with a single kick when I was 12. Your scenario is unlikely.

Vegeta: Hah! When I was 12 I could vaporize like an entire forest of giant bears.

Sasuke: I wasn't trying to brag.

Vegeta: Of course not. Your "feat" isn't that impressive all things considered. This is another victory for Vegeta!

Sasuke: *Sideshow Bob rake to the face grumble*

Is it just me or do the rest of you only imagine Vegeta's voice in English as the TFS version? I know it's true for me - I can barely remember Veggie's normal English dub now.