Astonishing Member

Default Rupert Gilles from Buffyverse vs Keanu Reeves' John Constantine

who take this?
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

Doesn't Constantine have a shotgun? What's Giles going to do when Constantine just pumps him full of (holy) lead?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sophicles View Post
    Doesn't Constantine have a shotgun? What's Giles going to do when Constantine just pumps him full of (holy) lead?
    john has a..............thing he slapped together which only works on demons, if i remember. plus, it's not really his standard gear so i doubt he'd be carrying it around normally.

on the flip, giles does know some magic, so i can see him messing up john something fierce.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sophicles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    john has a..............thing he slapped together which only works on demons, if i remember. plus, it's not really his standard gear so i doubt he'd be carrying it around normally.

on the flip, giles does know some magic, so i can see him messing up john something fierce.
    well how about we make this fight just magic battle between Rupert Giles and Keanu Reeves' John Constantine?
    Last edited by Masonicon; 02-22-2021 at 05:15 PM.
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masonicon View Post
    well how about we make this fight just magic battle between Rupert Giles and Keanu Reeves' John Constantine?
    John doesn't really have any magic useful in a fight. Giles probably does? Maybe?
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Masonicon View Post
    that's the thing. reeves john isn't a magic user. not like comic, animated or arrow-verse john is. he uses magical or blessed items to merely allow him to hurt demons and the like.

giles can and has used magic before. not to the degree of willow or other high tier wizards and witches but he has slung spells before.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Doesn't Giles also occasionally rock a crossbow, which he at least sometimes integrates into Buffy's training regimen?

I'm not sure Giles uses a crossbow enough to consider it standard gear. Stakes, on the other hand, definitely would be. So Giles would have some sort of sharp weapon on him.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

and giles is a pretty good fighter. keanu john? i don't remember him being particularly skilled at fighting. he kind of just throws punches and hopes for the best.

edit: looking through his wiki, apparently giles was brought back to life and now can use TK, force-field projection, energy projections and a bunch of other spells such as sleeping and binding spells.
    Last edited by master of read; 02-23-2021 at 08:22 AM.