Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New movie well tell sympathetic feminist orgin story of Xenomorph Queen.

I really wish I would have thought of this joke first.

https://babylonbee.com/news/disney-a...enomorph-queen

Part of a slew of new movies that glorify the characters we'd previously thought of as the villains, Queen will show us how the Queen was actually a victim in all this. The plot will show how oppressed the Queen was by the King Xenomorph and how she finally threw off the shackles of the patriarchy....
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Astonishing Member

Fanfiction in a nutshell

Oh. This was a humor site. nevermind.

There's actually deleted material for Covenant that would have perhaps shed some origins on the Queen, with Daniels implied to be a guinea pig for that experiment.

Although I'm not sure where the series stands right now apart from a TV show being in development and the comics shifting to Marvel.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Are the aliens not sympathetic? They're just animals trying to survive and reproduce. The company that's deliberately lining up folks to die in order to obtain a valuable research specimen are the bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Oh. This was a humor site. nevermind.
    Just so we're clear on that

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I really wish I would have thought of this joke first.

https://babylonbee.com/news/disney-a...enomorph-queen

Part of a slew of new movies that glorify the characters we'd previously thought of as the villains, Queen will show us how the Queen was actually a victim in all this. The plot will show how oppressed the Queen was by the King Xenomorph and how she finally threw off the shackles of the patriarchy....
    The BabylonBee wants to be the Onion for the Right.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yeah. There's nothing wrong with that, of course, but they just have to remember the best rule of comedy: punch up, not down.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Thanks for saving me the click.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    Are the aliens not sympathetic? They're just animals trying to survive and reproduce. The company that's deliberately lining up folks to die in order to obtain a valuable research specimen are the bad guys.
    Yeah. Technically they are neutral. Like a Queen bee and her hive. Or ants. Or termites.

You wouldn’t call them evenly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Yeah. There's nothing wrong with that, of course, but they just have to remember the best rule of comedy: punch up, not down.
    I don't believe comedy has rules.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

I thought this was real for a few seconds there.

As an aside, I wouldn't object to a movie that showed a sympathetic character such as Shaw becoming the first Xenomorph Queen due to the machinations of the evil David then destroying him for revenge.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

i think the picture alone would've been funnier, with the article it feels a little on the nose but overall an ok joke

also i think resurrection portrayed the hybrid newborn with a -little- sympathy before being tricked by its mother
    Last edited by The Gold Stream; 02-22-2021 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I don't believe comedy has rules.
    I think virtually every stand up comic, regardless of their own politics, would disagree with ya there. Set-up, timing, punchline, even averting tropes (which means you need to be aware of those tropes, like anti-humor) all come from a structure of some sort. Even a simple pie to the face is cause-reaction.

But then a comic would also have to take a good, long look at oneself very deeply if their "humor" is all about kicking the marginalized while they're *already* down. As if society doesn't do that already -- that's just called bullying then.
    Last edited by Cyke; 02-23-2021 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I find both sites quite humorous. Then again I hate team red & team blue, so between the two they provide quite a bit to laugh at.
    Last edited by Jekyll; 02-23-2021 at 03:57 AM.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!