Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

I'd give it an 7-8/10

Really enjoyed part 1 through 4. Liked how characters were being introduced. Story was nicely paced imo. Some scenes weren't necessary while others could've been cut short. Nothing too bad.

Two things I didn't like and that was Diana over doing it with the last terrorist. She was fast enough to block all bullets, I think she could have incapacitated him before he could reload. The other was Martian Manhunter's reveal. Ruined a nice moment between Lois and Martha.

Didn't like part 5. Superman should've come back from the dead by himself and cause more of a surprise. It would also remove Superman vs the League. Diana's lasso should have been enough to defuse the situation anyway.

Part 6 was alright. I'm all for Superman being the strongest but not to the point where it makes Diana and Arthur look useless.

Epilogue. Some nice closure to some of the characters' arc. Set up future movies like Aquaman and I guess Batman v Deathstroke which only the former came to be. Knightmare scene, give me more Mera and I'll take it. It wasn't needed but whatever. And Martian Manhunter should have revealed himself to Clark.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    Just to respond to this...

1) Darkseid didn't find the equation or ever know where it was. He was looking for it and knew it was on a primitive planet but until Steppenwolf told him it was Earth he didn't know that's where it specifically was.

2) It's discussed that the Amazons and Atlanteans went to war and distrusted one another so that explains why they didn't do anything to prevent it. The United States, Russia, and China could work together to solve most of the world's problems but don't for similar reasons.

3) Martian Manhunter's inclusion was strictly for fan service IMO. So I don't disagree with that.

4) The only person who knew where the mother box was was Professor Stone and Steppenwolf never used the spider on him. He used it on the other scientists and while they were familiar with it they didn't know where it was.

5) Although I had a problem with the pacing and need for the sequence I didn't have a problem with it per se.

6) For no reason? The terrorist was about to kill all those hostages. She did it to save the.

7) I think that's fair. Aquaman was definitely better defined in his own film versus this one.

8) Steppenwolf failed so Darkseid decided to be tactful and wait. He more or less knew Steppenwolf would fail, as DeSaad predicted. He has been searching for thousands of years for the anti life equation so what's one more film?

9) Superman inspired Batman to form the Justice League, which ultimately saved Earth. I know some fans don't like that sequence of events but he served an important purpose.

10) Saying Superman caused Zod is inaccurate. More accurately would be that Jor-El caused Zod to come to Earth since he chose to send Kal-El there which led Zod there, which led to Luthor using Zod's body to create Doomsday, causing Superman to be killed and thus his scream triggering the mother boxes. But it's also explicitly stated in the movie that Superman's presence on Earth prevented the mother boxes from activating.
    1) Darkseid knows, he knows the primitive planet that defeated him contains the Anti-Life, that's why he said they denied his glory.
    Wonder Woman said "he found a secret there, hidden in the infinity of space".
    Steppenwolf said "Darkseid found Anti-Life hidden on a primitive world."
    Seriously, Darkseid came to Earth and lost his Mother Box and proceed to not know where Earth is,
    that's the whole reason they only came back thousands of years later.

2) I'm talking about the fact that they lost the Mother Box and did nothing to retrieve it.
    The Amazon send an arrow, the Atlantean just told Aquamna about it. The Unity would have destroyed Earth, so they have a stake here.
    This is like US and Russia losing all their nuclear weapon and did nothing about it.

3) A Green Lantern scene would have made way more sense.
    The Martian Manhunter did nothing for three consecutive movie made little sense.

4) What I meant is that he could plug the spider thing on their head one by one, easy peasy,
    could have been way more efficient.

5) I just thought it was stupid and kinda creepy, but other than that, the Flash is a highlight of the movie.

6) I mean the blow up the building part, Wonder Woman could have stopped Roose Bolton without blowing up the whole building,
    they even get a shot of the cop's cars being crashed by the rocks,
    it looks cool, but not necessary by any means.

7) I just hoped that give more under water scene with Aquaman,
    seriously though, why couldn't Mera come along when it's end of the world situation.

8) That's fair, but he could have at least do a Omega beam before the boom tube shuts.

9) Superman's story arc in MoS was to find out "They sent me to Earth for a reason"
    Superman's story arc in BvS was to find out does Superman mean anything,
    and here, his story is to find out why they brought him back to like, "They brought me back for a reason"
    It's getting real repetitive, but I guess that's Superman's story now,
    and no mention of the Codex.

10) I guess that's fair,
    except the part that the Boxes didn't activate before Superman came to Earth 30 years ago,
    and the Boxes were on Earth for thousands of years, I guess it's just the MacGuffin.
    Last edited by kalai; 03-19-2021 at 10:32 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Most of those sound a little nitpicky to me, they have explanations, though I do wonder why Darkseid forgot Earth's location. Or the fact Anti-Life was there. Maybe without the motherboxes he couldn't instantly transport there anymore? Unclear to me.

Sorry if this is getting into spoiler territory though - are they fair game in here?
    The in-movie explanation by Wonder Woman was Earth being "anonymous among a trillion worlds",
    but it doesn't make any sense to me, I mean he did came by space ships.

It's interesting that Steppenwolf already new about Superman. So he's known outside of earth beyond the Kryptonians that sought him out in MoS.

Makes you wonder how many extraterrestrials are monitoring earth.
    I need to know what MM was getting into off-camera.

Other questions:

Why were Steppenwolf's eyes glowing? Did he bond or get a power up in some way from the Motherboxes/Unity

Was Bruce's last nightmare a vision sent to him by Martian Manhunter?

How did the Joker kill Jason Todd?

Are there more motherboxes out there?
    The J-man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    It's interesting that Steppenwolf already new about Superman. So he's known outside of earth beyond the Kryptonians that sought him out in MoS.

Makes you wonder how many extraterrestrials are monitoring earth.
    I need to know what MM was getting into off-camera.

Other questions:

Why were Steppenwolf's eyes glowing? Did he bond or get a power up in some way from the Motherboxes/Unity

Was Bruce's last nightmare a vision sent to him by Martian Manhunter?

How did the Joker kill Jason Todd?

Are there more motherboxes out there?
    The director explained that the Joker killed Dick Grayson and he burned down the Wayne Manor with it.
    None of the nightmare vision was explained, BvS also had nightmare scene and it was somehow connected with the Flash being too early.
    Maybe Bruce is now a prophet.

no it was Jason Todd, Dick Grayson is retired in Bludhaven with Barbara right now
    The J-man

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

no it was Jason Todd, Dick Grayson is retired in Bludhaven with Barbara right now
    Back during BvS's filming the set was leaked and we saw Grayson's headstone. Snyder's also said a few times it's Dick.

He never made it to Nightwing in this continuity. Sucks, but that's how it goes.

The J-man

Astonishing Member

Snyder originally wanted Dick to die, but WB cut the idea and forced him to cut out the scene with his grave. They then had a Nightwing movie in development at the time, which was canceled.
    Given that Snyder Cut is entirely Snyder's vision, Dick is dead here. This is complete crap, but it looks like he doesn't really like Robins. And he also really wants to embody this idiotic idea of making the son of Clark and Lois (or Bruce and Lois) a new Batman.

The biggest plot hole for me is still, why did the mother boxes wait until Superman died to activate? Why not when the kryptonians died? Did the kryptonians know the anti-life equation was on earth and thats why Jor-el sent Superman there? If so, Superman was a baby, why didn't the mother boxes wake up then?

Also they show Darksied uncovering the anti-life equation on earth and then he forgets which planet it is despite having lost his mother boxes there...
    I feel like Darksied was a little weak this movie.

Extraordinary Member

Someone mentioned the Codex. Now that was a plot thread I'd have liked to see explored more, rather than simply leave it dangling after MoS. I don't like the MM being tacked on. There simply was no build-up to it at all in any of the previous movies, probably because Snyder wasn't initially planning of using that character, preferring instead a GL. Frankly, had WB let him, that would have worked better than trying to figure out why J'ohn was sitting on his butt the whole time all those terrible things happened in the other movies....and this one. And making him an already existing character who as I said gave no hint who he actually was.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Most of those sound a little nitpicky to me, they have explanations, though I do wonder why Darkseid forgot Earth's location. Or the fact Anti-Life was there. Maybe without the motherboxes he couldn't instantly transport there anymore? Unclear to me.

Sorry if this is getting into spoiler territory though - are they fair game in here?
    My understanding was that he hadn't developed boom tube tech (in the history lesson, they came with "normal" ships - also no Steppenwolf, Desaad or any other major New God characters). So I am assuming this is early in DS's life.

As for the motherbox....I believe Silas' experiments activated the box, which scanned the planet and found a Kryptonian present at the time (he was experimenting with it before Superman's death in BvS, timeline wise). When Supes died, the boxes called out to Apokolips - that is my understanding
    Last edited by Triple J; 03-20-2021 at 06:55 AM.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Snyder originally wanted Dick to die, but WB cut the idea and forced him to cut out the scene with his grave. They then had a Nightwing movie in development at the time, which was canceled.
    Given that Snyder Cut is entirely Snyder's vision, Dick is dead here. This is complete crap, but it looks like he doesn't really like Robins. And he also really wants to embody this idiotic idea of making the son of Clark and Lois (or Bruce and Lois) a new Batman.
    Why doesn't he like the Robins, if they're so important to Batman's mythos.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triple J View Post
    My understanding was that he hadn't developed boom tube tech (in the history lesson, they came with "normal" ships - also no Steppenwolf, Desaad or any other major New God characters). So I am assuming this is early in DS's life.

As for the motherbox....I believe Silas' experiments activated the box, which scanned the planet and found a Kryptonian present at the time (he was experimenting with it before Superman's death in BvS, timeline wise). When Supes died, the boxes called out to Apokolips - that is my understanding
    This makes sense to me.

It would have been kinda easy to fix the silly idea that Darkseid just forgot where he left the Mother Boxes and where he originally found the Anti-Life Equation. They should have had Diana just say something like, “After Darkseid was turned back, Zeus and the other gods hid earth from his gaze so he could never find his way back.” Now the old gods are dead so the earth is no longer hidden.