Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://screenrant.com/justice-leagu...inished-movie/

So only about a 1/3 of the 1.8 million we know who watched the SC actually finished the movie
    Four hours is a huge chunk out of a person's day. People do have lives outside of watching movies. It isn't necessarily an indictment of the film's quality.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

https://screenrant.com/justice-leagu...inished-movie/

So only about a 1/3 of the 1.8 million we know who watched the SC actually finished the movie
    That doesn’t mean they won’t finish it, only that they haven’t yet. It’s episodic for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Four hours is a huge chunk out of a person's day. People do have lives outside of watching movies. It isn't necessarily an indictment of the film's quality.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Wasn’t meant to be. But WB is definitely going to use stats like that to gauge interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    That doesn’t mean they won’t finish it, only that they haven’t yet. It’s episodic for a reason.
    It’s not episodic though, it’s a film not a TV show. And I think you’re seriously overestimating how many people will come back, if you read the article it says that many of the 1.8 million “views” only watched 5 minutes before stopping.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I finally finished the Snyder Cut of the film, and granted this is after watching the Whedon cut of the film before it. So....ugh....yeah. LOL!

Snyder's cut is definitely better than the trainwreck that was given to the population in 2017. IT was definitely an improvement story wise, character wise, and Visual wise. NO one can ever say that Zack Snyder does not know how to make a film look good. The visuals were absolute stunning.

I am happy that Zack got a chance to tell his story and his vision of how things were supposed to unfold in his snyderverse.

There were still things I did not like though. I still don't know why he has this obsession with Evil Superman. Superman is one of my favorite characters and in every Zack Snyder movie he's moody, brooding or scowling. He's powerful yes, and he has a good moment here or there but I still feel he's too one dimensional with Zack. Even in this version. Also I think there should have been some sort of statement that the black suit is for healing, not because it looks cool. Batman should be only one dressed in black, why bc that's his thing.

That has always been the contrast between these two. Day and Night. Bats is the night with all black and brooding. Supes is the day. If they're both in black then it does not have that iconic dichotomy.

Also Evil Superman is a low hanging fruit type of trope. I'm still confused as to how a Television show like Smallville, Supergirl, and now Superman & Lois can get superman correctly characterized but the Movies don't seem to know what they're doing or how to portray him.

Wonder Woman was back to being wonder woman. LOL! badass.

Aquabro had absolute no change.

FINALLY THE FLASH WA RELEVANT, even if he was super creepy in the movie LOL

CYBORG!!! OMG this was the highlight of the entire freaking movie. Cyborg was an actual thought out character. Zack was on point with this hero.

Batman, well he's Zack Snyder's vision of how Batman is supposed to be. I'm on the fence about that as well, but I still like Ben Affleck in the role.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, Flash's interaction with Iris was off.

It’s not episodic though, it’s a film not a TV show. And I think you’re seriously overestimating how many people will come back, if you read the article it says that many of the 1.8 million “views” only watched 5 minutes before stopping.
    Do we have stats for other movies? Like, how many finished watching WW84?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Yeah, I would like to see what the average is for a film, too.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Have to be careful with comparing like that; from the article itself.

It's worth noting this doesn't necessarily mean two-thirds of viewers who turned on the Snyder Cut decided to switch it off partway through. Many households have opted to watch Zack Snyder's Justice League in installments, splitting it up into two or three segments, or perhaps even watching one of the six chapters at a time. But it certainly means it's too soon to get a measure of the Snyder Cut's popularity, simply because viewing figures in and of themselves aren't a good metric here. It may be better to hold off celebrating (or commiserating) until a fortnight when it's possible to get a sense of how many households finish the four-hour film. No doubt HBO will be monitoring all this themselves, curious to work out how good an investment the Snyder Cut was.

This new information also serves as a helpful reminder that data needs to be placed in context to appreciate its value entirely. 1.8 million households tuning in to the Snyder Cut, only narrowly behind Wonder Woman 1984, sounds impressive - right up to the moment you understand what that data means. The first episode of Falcon & Winter Soldier was just 50 minutes long, meaning it's reasonable to expect a much higher completion rate. Wonder Woman 1984's runtime was just 2 hours 31 minutes, meaning many more households are likely to have finished that film in one sitting. Comparisons need to be made carefully and cautiously, and Zack Snyder's Justice League's actual performance may not be known for quite some time.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

All the stats we have for WW84 is that it was watched by 2.2 million households on HBO Max opening weekend.

And the total number of minutes viewed, which was 2.3 billion minutes it's first week. (Equal to the movie being viewed 14.5 million times)

But no word on how many finished it that started, or how many of those were repeated viewings.

Edit: It's also important to note that these ratings come from Somba TV, who only has access to a certain portion of Smart TV's. As you can see for WW84, there where definingly more than 2.2 million people who watched it opening weekend if it had 2.3 billion minutes viewed opening week. HBO Max themselves said half of their subscribers watched Christmas day including those who get HBO Max through a 3rd party. (I think their total subscribers around that time was 17 million or something.)

They also estimated WandaVision had 1.6 million views in THEIR devices, but it was more like 6.5 million when you take more devices into account (according to Nielsen, which only tracks America).

So the Snyder Cut could have 4 times the amount reported by Somba TV.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 03-27-2021 at 03:03 PM.

Basically the numbers for ZSJL are good. But not “holy **** we gotta #BringZackBack” amazing. It’s a success story but not a huge enough one (seemingly) to cause WB to adjust their plans. These numbers are far more important to WB than hashtags or tweet numbers, so if WB keeps ignoring the RTSV campaign on Twitter, this is why.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member

Do you want Zack back? I don't hate his style but I don't think it fits the DCEU

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Do you want Zack back? I don't hate his style but I don't think it fits the DCEU
    Ironic since he was supposed to be the backbone of the DCEU.

I wouldn't mind him in a producer roll. I think he's good with certain visuals, but not entire movies.

He should be over at Marvel directing a Squadron Supreme movie. That's where his strengths lie.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Ironic since he was supposed to be the backbone of the DCEU.

I wouldn't mind him in a producer roll. I think he's good with certain visuals, but not entire movies.
    I think he has interesting visuals but they're too colorless

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    He should be over at Marvel directing a Squadron Supreme movie. That's where his strengths lie.
    I never thought of that. It would be super meta!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    As a director? No. Producer/consultant/etc.? Totally.

JL ended up being a decent mixture of his style and studio interference but he doesnt seem to want to conform to the studios demands and they probably dont want to keep battling with his style so I could only see JL2 being more in vein of BvS.