Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Farora was such a bright spot for that film!

All-New Member

He said he hasn't, and good for him! LOL

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    That'd be impressive if he didn't do the same thing all the time, and actually tried to improve what he's been criticized of instead of ignoring it and doubling down.
    He can swing for the fences all he wants but when he never tries to improve his clearly flawed batting form it's not something he should be commended for.
    Well those who enjoy his style and storytelling ,will enjoy his films, those who don't can try the JJ.Abrams films for example .It's not like it's the first or last time we'll get to see Superman or Batman on screen

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    That was in no way taking criticism to heart that was paying lip service at best, he didn't do anything remotely different he just had the characters say there were no civilians around when they were fighting
    And you can't use the excuse "that's his film style" if his film style is having 1 dimensional characters, shallow plots and heavy-handed symbolism then he definitely needs to change it
    But that's what Warner Bros. hired him to do. If they had any issues with his film style, they wouldn't have done so. The same studio also signed off on the scripts that would have clearly had all the thin characterization, and shallow plots you're complaining about. If they didn't want that, they could have said no, but they didn't, because that's what they had hired him to do...until the reception for BvS changed their minds

And, if you think Snyder makes bad films, that's completely your prerogative, but he was hired specifically because Warner Bros. wanted him to make Zack Snyder films with the DCU characters and he delivered that. That they then changed minds while he was in the middle of making them isn't really something he has any control over.

Again, no one is telling you to love Snyder's films, their appeal is clearly not as broad as what Marvel is producing, but, why would you even be bothering to watch a 4 hour version of a movie by a guy who makes films you don't like anyway? If you aren't interested, you can just move on. What are you gaining by trying to convince people who are interested that Snyder's films are bad?

We've had several years of Snyder fans and Snyder haters arguing with each other of the relative quality of the films. If anyone was going to change their minds, they likely would have done so by now

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Well those who enjoy his style and storytelling ,will enjoy his films, those who don't can try the JJ.Abrams films for example .It's not like it's the first or last time we'll get to see Superman or Batman on screen
    Yeah, it's not like there aren't going to be dozens of different interpretations of the DC characters to enjoy moving forward. Snyder's time at bat was, like I said, a big swing that didn't connect with enough of the audience, so they're moving on to different takes. It's a shame they went all in on something that divisive and then abruptly changed their minds, but it is what it is. All we can do now is move on and enjoy the fact that Snyder is getting to finish up his film on his own terms, even if that particular vision of the DCU won't be continuing.

Here's an example that might explain how I feel. I can enjoy Christopher Reeve, Tom Welling, Henry Cavill, and Tyler Hoeclin as very different flavors of the same Superman recipe. I prefer some more than others, to be sure, but that doesn't mean I would begrudge anyone for liking Dean Cain or devote any of my time trying to convince fans of Lois & Clark that the show was bad. They know it was bad, but they enjoy what was good about that show and they don't need me chiming in regularly pointing out how it sucks. It's not for me. It didn't work for me, so I just move on to what I do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    or devote any of my time trying to convince fans of Lois & Clark that the show was bad. They know it was bad
    I know no such thing! That series was fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I know no such thing! That series was fun!
    And you certainly don't need me popping up regularly to try to convince you otherwise

And you certainly don't need me popping up regularly to try to convince you otherwise
    True that. Which is why I'm so sick of the Snyder debate - the Snyder fans don't need people popping up every time Snyder comes up to piss on these movies, just like the Snyder haters don't need the fans popping up to sing his praises to them at every chance. Both sides are guilty and, frankly after nearly a decade now, annoying. I've had to regularly check out of threads to avoid this debate and just hope any DC film news gets brought up in another thread. That was fine for the first year after MoS, or the first year after BvS. Now, I don't care if there is a new movie with this JL cut, I'm not giving it a year because it's never been just a year, it's been always and forever now. I've taken a more "Join the combat to shout at both sides to, for the love of God/gods/science/peace/anything, shut up" stance on the whole thing...

Wow that turned into a rant. I just want to watch this flawed movie for the bits I think I'll enjoy the heck out of, then focus on the next DC film with excitement, and not get bogged down in heated debates over the same films and director for another near decade.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Aborted plans for JL 2/3 showed at the Zack Snyder's Justice League Exhibit in Dallas, TX: https://imgur.com/a/LsQDMaF/

Source: https://twitter.com/accidentallydan/...81050663297032
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 03-04-2021 at 02:57 PM.

Incredible Member

Sounds like a great ending for Justice League. 'Cyborg evolves, becoming a god of the digital age and able to transform himself to look human again.'

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Aborted plans for JL 2/3 showed at the Zack Snyder's Justice League Exhibit in Dallas, TX: https://imgur.com/a/LsQDMaF/

Source: https://twitter.com/accidentallydan/...81050663297032
    Lol, imagine the fan outcry if they had gone with this (though I realize it was initial draft, still).

But I would love to see Zack pursue this storyline through a graphic novel (also, interested to see how much has changed).
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

That was a bad fanfiction if I ever read one. Lois has Bruces child? WW is dead for at least half of a movie? No thanks.

But that's what Warner Bros. hired him to do. If they had any issues with his film style, they wouldn't have done so. The same studio also signed off on the scripts that would have clearly had all the thin characterization, and shallow plots you're complaining about. If they didn't want that, they could have said no, but they didn't, because that's what they had hired him to do...until the reception for BvS changed their minds

And, if you think Snyder makes bad films, that's completely your prerogative, but he was hired specifically because Warner Bros. wanted him to make Zack Snyder films with the DCU characters and he delivered that. That they then changed minds while he was in the middle of making them isn't really something he has any control over.

Again, no one is telling you to love Snyder's films, their appeal is clearly not as broad as what Marvel is producing, but, why would you even be bothering to watch a 4 hour version of a movie by a guy who makes films you don't like anyway? If you aren't interested, you can just move on. What are you gaining by trying to convince people who are interested that Snyder's films are bad?

We've had several years of Snyder fans and Snyder haters arguing with each other of the relative quality of the films. If anyone was going to change their minds, they likely would have done so by now
    For me Zack Snyder is the best thing to happen to Batman since Burtons B89 and BR...

Whats especially interesting is that while 89 was nearly universally accepted... BR was absolutely not...

Though today BR has risen above the past criticism and now seems to generally be seen as a work of art...

Personally I hope Zack's efforts all get more appreciation in the future and hope zsjl really reframes bvs and mos in peoples minds...

For me Bvs was much more interesting and enjoyable then any of nolans efforts... not to say they arent well made movies... and not to say im not a massive fan of nolan films in general...

Think there's a bit of sheeple type momentum some projects or people get...

Personally so very excited for zsjl...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    For me Zack Snyder is the best thing to happen to Batman since Burtons B89 and BR...

Whats especially interesting is that while 89 was nearly universally accepted... BR was absolutely not...

Though today BR has risen above the past criticism and now seems to generally be seen as a work of art...

Personally I hope Zack's efforts all get more appreciation in the future and hope zsjl really reframes bvs and mos in peoples minds...

For me Bvs was much more interesting and enjoyable then any of nolans efforts... not to say they arent well made movies... and not to say im not a massive fan of nolan films in general...

Think there's a bit of sheeple type momentum some projects or people get...

Personally so very excited for zsjl...
    A "work of art"! I did not know that.

Astonishing Member

I like the story outlines. Curious if Snyder will ever do it as a graphic novel or a animated show.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.