Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Thor seemed to enjoy his never ending mug of ale from Dr. Strange in Ragnarok.
    Ah. I don't even remember that scene. There were so many jokes in that movie that only the really good ones stuck.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    I want my Cyborg movie.
    This.

And this is despite my not particularly carring for the movie body design (as opposed to his look in the comics). Cyborg was that interesting in this film which i didn't expect.
    Don't complain. Create.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Now that I think about it, Thor was constantly drunk/drinking in the first act of Endgame as well.
    Valkyrie was also drunk pretty much during all of Ragnarok. They kinda just gave her arc in that movie to Endgame
    Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    This.

And this is despite my not particularly carring for the movie body design (as opposed to his look in the comics). Cyborg was that interesting in this film which i didn't expect.
    I found Cyborg to be the best thing about this film. They showed his pain but also showed some growth the likes of which can not be found within the pages of a DC comic. All this hype of so-called great writers at DC and yet when it comes to a superhero of color they’re dumbfounded. Truth is if you can only write white characters then you’re a poor and severely limited writer.

You get the feeling that if Zack was allowed any follow up to his story that Vic would grow exponentially as well as advancing the appearance of Cyborg. It’s amazing that in one film he’s already advanced the concept of Cyborg. But rest assured that with those in charge now, it’s guaranteed that he’ll get rolled back to simply being a robot that gets ripped apart and says “booyah” for their carnal pleasure.

But it’s all good now. I finally got the Cyborg I wanted to see and don’t need to be bothered with whatever butchering DC does further to the character. They can’t take back what Zack Snyder did for him.
    Last edited by Iconic; 03-25-2021 at 04:29 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    I found Cyborg to be the best thing about this film. They showed his pain but also showed some growth the likes of which can not be found within the pages of a DC comic. All this hype of so-called great writers at DC and yet when it comes to a superhero of color they’re dumbfounded. Truth is if you can only write white characters then you’re a poor and severely limited writer.

You get the feeling that if Zack was allowed any follow up to his story that Vic would grow exponentially as well as advancing the appearance of Cyborg. It’s amazing that in one film he’s already advanced the concept of Cyborg. But rest assured that with those in charge now, it’s guaranteed that he’ll get rolled back to simply being a robot that gets ripped apart and says “booyah” for their carnal pleasure.

But it’s all good now. I finally got the Cyborg I wanted to see and don’t need to be bothered with whatever butchering DC does further to the character. They can’t take back what Zack Snyder did for him.
    I'm honestly surprised Snyder pulled that off. Normally I feel he can't do basic human emotions aside from anger or frustration. I wish Superman got a better deal but at least Cyborg is good!

Hopefully this means his status improves in the comics.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I still find it hard to believe he would pollute his other home like that.
    An empty bottle of whiskey ,is not a pollutant..come on.Who knows maybe Atlantans appropriate glass ware in their kingdom, for storing medicines and stuff. pollutants in the strictest sense to me would be toxic or radioactive waste.

I couldn’t agree more. The Snyder cut was the first time I believed he belonged in the JL and also the first time I’ve really cared about him. You’re very right to say this sort of character development hasn’t been seen in the comics.

Incredible Member

I think (?) you know how i feel about Cyborgs appearance and the need for some subtle updates to the character visually. The fact that i was able to see past that , overlooking the ridiculous tin foil megatron armor and face plate, and truly enjoy Cyborg in this film was truly impressive. I should also mention that this film made Wonder Woman enjoyable to watch as well (also no small feat).

The film made me like Cyborg for what he was shown as and not for what i believe he could, and should, potentially be.
    That's tremendous from my perspective.

Nice avatar btw.
    Don't complain. Create.

The J-man

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I couldn’t agree more. The Snyder cut was the first time I believed he belonged in the JL and also the first time I’ve really cared about him. You’re very right to say this sort of character development hasn’t been seen in the comics.
    Its the best iteration of Cyborg ever.
    Even his oringal stuff is kinda trash, there has never been a highlighted period for cyborg

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Its the best iteration of Cyborg ever.
    Even his oringal stuff is kinda trash, there has never been a highlighted period for cyborg
    It’s sad that this comes out after DC has already demoted Vic to background character in Titans Academy.

https://screenrant.com/justice-leagu...inished-movie/

So only about a 1/3 of the 1.8 million we know who watched the SC actually finished the movie
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://screenrant.com/justice-leagu...inished-movie/

So only about a 1/3 of the 1.8 million we know who watched the SC actually finished the movie
    Ouch. I guess refusing to actually edit your movie based on your genius isn't actually a good idea.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    Ouch. I guess refusing to actually edit your movie based on your genius isn't actually a good idea.
    He did edit one thing out of his film.
    https://screenrant.com/justice-leagu...-live-society/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It’s sad that this comes out after DC has already demoted Vic to background character in Titans Academy.
    I would not have called it a demotion a week ago but yeah now might be the time to try his solo again lol