Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 313738394041
    Extraordinary Member

BvS had two major issues to me - that it was still dominated by Warner Bros.’s desire for a “versus” movie rather than a team-up, and that Snyder seems to be uncomfortable with Superman/Clark in “standard mode,” and seems to struggle with him a bit.

Snyder’s Justice League is better with Superman than BvS, but Snyder achieves that by “painting around” Clark more than “painting” Clark himself - he keeps him out of action for the bulk of the film, and he’s more taciturn than he was even in the Whedon cut. And I think that’s because Snyder’s very much a Frank Miller-type of comic fan, and just struggles to grasp exactly how to grapple with both Superman and Clark Kent. Cavill himself isn’t ever a weakness in these films, but I feel like some of Snyder’s preference for weary cynicism even in idealists, and a distrust of Superman being an altruistic hero, caused the desire to deconstruct him in BvS in a somewhat sloppy manner.

But beyond that, WB’s wanted a “versus” film since the 90’s, even though there’s a much more proven track record in just doing a team-up between the two. That meant they wanted a climax that would at least still start with them as enemies, which meant a build of them both being enemies, and that just caused a cascading issue throughout the film for both.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    That's cool.

Peace

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Just popping this in here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

Snyder did a lengthy livestream as part of the JusticeCon event for suicide charity. He talks about the original plan for Green Lantern and reveals the actor he cast, Wayne T. Carr. He talks about how he'd like to come back to do the two sequels, but also says that the #RestoreTheSnyderverse movement will most likely result in nothing.

Since Snyder has indicated the Kryptonian that escaped the pod in the scout ship was not Kara, does anyone here have thoughts on who he might have intended it to be?

Could they have joined the fray in 'The Defiance' against Uxus shown in his Justice League cut?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    IMHO, the neutering of the two most powerful Avengers and their "toxic masculinity"; the comming of the all-powerful Captain Marvel, to basically do everything that Thor himself could have done; the ridiculous A-Force scene in the middle of the batttle, etc... Ruin may be a too strong word, but it sure kept the film from being much better, in my opinion. As i said, I think Infinity War was a much better film, with a tighter story.

Peace

Peace
    Well Snyder did the first part the other way around, and turned Wonder Woman into a laughable weakling in comparison to Superman, and other than Whedon kind of in comparison to Flash too but that at least let Superman look less all-powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Well Snyder did the first part the other way around, and turned Wonder Woman into a laughable weakling in comparison to Superman, and other than Whedon kind of in comparison to Flash too but that at least let Superman look less all-powerful.
    Laughable weakling is stretching especially since killing Steppenwolf was a team effort. He also didn't depict her as a weakling in BvS.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Laughable weakling is stretching especially since killing Steppenwolf was a team effort. He also didn't depict her as a weakling in BvS.
    She was a laughable weakling while up against and in comparison to Superman, especially as Superman and Flash were fighting, and it looked in both cuts not like Steppenwolf was ever a true threat to Superman. Batman versus Superman had a completely different portrayal of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    She was a laughable weakling while up against and in comparison to Superman, especially as Superman and Flash were fighting, and it looked in both cuts not like Steppenwolf was ever a true threat to Superman. Batman versus Superman had a completely different portrayal of them.
    No one was a threat to Superman in either cut but Diana was a hell lot more useful in the Snyder cut.

Ultimate Member

Eh, I wouldn't go that far. She was weak in both cuts. I'm not sure what in the Snyder Cut made her more useful

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    IMHO, the neutering of the two most powerful Avengers and their "toxic masculinity"; the comming of the all-powerful Captain Marvel, to basically do everything that Thor himself could have done; the ridiculous A-Force scene in the middle of the batttle, etc... Ruin may be a too strong word, but it sure kept the film from being much better, in my opinion. As i said, I think Infinity War was a much better film, with a tighter story.

Peace

Peace
    This does not make sense. Marvel has been doing nods to their comics and full on adaptions for more than 10 years. Why is it bad when they do a nod to the AForce book? The audience I was in thrilled to that moment and to Wonder Wo--I mean Captain Marvel. Even their streaming shows do this. Look at all the nods to Wanda's iconic House of M art and the John Byrne Avengers.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    This does not make sense. Marvel has been doing nods to their comics and full on adaptions for more than 10 years. Why is it bad when they do a nod to the AForce book? The audience I was in thrilled to that moment and to Wonder Wo--I mean Captain Marvel. Even their streaming shows do this. Look at all the nods to Wanda's iconic House of M art and the John Byrne Avengers.
    People get triggered over anything female.