Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I love Snyder's early work especially Dawn of The Dead, 300, & Man of Steel.

I don't know why WB doesn't allow him to make a Arkham Asylum movie based on the video game.

Give me a beefcake Batman in a Raid style movie trying to apprehend and escape from Arkham. You can have the entire rogues gallery holding famous Gothamites hostage, you can have them hold, Gordon, Barbara, Alfred and the rest.

Snyder would be amazing for this and only this.

He is such a dynamic director that can do spectacle and mood so well, you would be lying to your self if you didn't fist pump when Leonidas made a god-king bleed. Snyder has a penchant of capturing emotion especially in his early movies.

So, I am looking forward to his Justice League; I just hope that the reshoots don't look super fake because of Covid-19
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 02-22-2021 at 10:02 PM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I thought those bits about them coping were most interesting, and the author of the article paints a vivid picture.

It's interesting that Zack never came off as bitter about what happened. I'm also glad he didn't settle for releasing the rough cut.
    Yeah, I was similarly impressed with how the article doesn't really try to throw anyone under the bus except Tsujihara & Whedon, of course--neither of whom anyone is racing to defend these days Snyder was surprisingly understanding towards the job that Berg & Johns we given to babysit him.

It'll be interesting to see how much of the humor and lightness that Johns reportedly inserted with his own rewrites we'll see in this cut. I'm sure Snyder's JL is still going to be filled with his usual dark & gloomy stuff, but I suspect that it'll be balanced out this time with more levity.

Another interesting tidbit is the idea that Whedon's cut was a whopping 2/3 new material. That's the highest percentage I've seen reported thus far. We knew that certain elements were clearly added to the movie like virtually all of Superman's scenes, Batman's introduction, the team interactions in the Batcave, and the Russian family, but I had no idea that the vast majority of the film wasn't Snyder, which has got to be against the DGA rules given that Snyder's name is still there as director.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Yeah, I was similarly impressed with how the article doesn't really try to throw anyone under the bus except Tsujihara & Whedon, of course--neither of whom anyone is racing to defend these days Snyder was surprisingly understanding towards the job that Berg & Johns we given to babysit him.

It'll be interesting to see how much of the humor and lightness that Johns reportedly inserted with his own rewrites we'll see in this cut. I'm sure Snyder's JL is still going to be filled with his usual dark & gloomy stuff, but I suspect that it'll be balanced out this time with more levity.

Another interesting tidbit is the idea that Whedon's cut was a whopping 2/3 new material. That's the highest percentage I've seen reported thus far. We knew that certain elements were clearly added to the movie like virtually all of Superman's scenes, Batman's introduction, the team interactions in the Batcave, and the Russian family, but I had no idea that the vast majority of the film wasn't Snyder, which has got to be against the DGA rules given that Snyder's name is still there as director.
    Yeah, I found that interesting, but at this point not too surprising. I get the sense that almost everything that wasn't an action sequence was scrapped or repurposed.

Astonishing Member

Zack Snyder seems like a dream to work with. He really seems like a nice guy and he’s such an underrated filmmaker.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I just read an article this morning that the Snyder Cut has cost an additional $80 million!!
    It's a big gamble for a movie that seriously underperformed the first time round.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Lot of infos in this new VanityFair article:

Justice League: The Shocking, Exhilarating, Heartbreaking True Story of #TheSnyderCut: https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...gue-snyder-cut
    That was a bloody great article. Thank You for sharing it!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quick reminder after a post was deleted.

"Respectful" is in the thread title, as well as the forum rules, so let's all follow that idea, please.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning63 View Post
    I loved man of steel but hated BvS so I'm interested to see ZSJL. It'll be nice to have some closure to his story and even if I don't like it it'll be fun seeing more Aquaman and Wonder Woman. Whilst I don't agree with Snyder's director direction I definitely think he should be chief cinematographer on all DC movies as his visuals are stunning.
    I mostly liked MoS. I've criticized it a lot for the fact that the Powers That Be should have predicted the reaction based on people's expectations. I thought it made mistakes but the idea was ambitious and solid.

BvS I thought made mistakes but some stuff is more that there's an expectation that people will know more about things like PTSD than they do. It did try to cram too much stuff in but the big mistake was what was not there which was the details of how Superman became so popular.

If nothing else, Snyder's JL will be the culmination of his vision of this trilogy. It's kind of like the Donner cut of Superman II. Regardless of whether someone does or does not like it, it will be the original creator's vision of what it was supposed to be.
    Power with Girl is better.

I'm a fan and very excited for zsjl

Loved BvS and own the ULTIMATE BLU RAY

4 hours of the Justice League is gonna be amazing!

I also thought Harley and Letos Joker were easily the best parts of Suicide Squad.

Im from Canada but at 21 I was in Amsterdam and while waiting for a train to rome dropped mdma and watch 300. Mind blown. Still a favorite of mine to this day.

Watchmen by zs was so amazing it made me read the graphic novel and my journey into comics began. I own hundreds of trades and singles

Man of steel was not quite my taste but more to do with retreading zod, something done so well in Superman The Movie...

BvS was a huge win for me.... I hadnt connected with an on screem Batman since Keaton, so Ben was magnificent as the twisted broken Dark Knight Returns Batman. This movie was mostly flawless, though I wish he'd visually represent Doomsday better.

Joss JL was okay, um not to bad for me first viewing, but enough problems its hard to rewatch.

At the core im a zs fan and while Im fine with new blood coming in Im very excited for Justice League... something makes me think this could a massive massive hit and great comic book film for those that are fans

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Quick reminder after a post was deleted.

"Respectful" is in the thread title, as well as the forum rules, so let's all follow that idea, please.
    Thank you for your service Gaelforce. It's greatly appreciated. I know this thread is going to be a pain in your ass and I sincerely apologize in advance for all the extra work it will no doubt cause.

We can do this, people! We can discuss this film respectfully and with nuance and good humor! I believe in us!

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I just read an article this morning that the Snyder Cut has cost an additional $80 million!!
    It's a big gamble for a movie that seriously underperformed the first time round.
    Compare that to the price of a whole new movie - it's almost half the price!

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Compare that to the price of a whole new movie - it's almost half the price!
    Another interesting bit of info dropped in that article was how HBO Max originally just wanted to release Snyder's Cut as is, without any of the additional post-production work or reshoots, but he stuck to his guns and refused to let it be released unless they coughed up the money to let him make it a finished film rather than something he could show his cast & crew already familiar with how these movies look like with unfinished VFX. I'm sure HBO wasn't happy about spending that extra money, but I'm glad they did. Whatever people may think of Snyder's films, they are undeniably visually stunning works. I wouldn't want to see what Snyder had in mind with a bunch of pre-viz that was never meant for public consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    That's odd, I'm not sure if it's definite or just appears that way in a certain light.
    this is one thing I don't like with snyder, the liberties he takes with these characters how can you make Mera blonde when for 60years she is a redhead? had I been her creator I would be seriously offended. This not changing her history etc its changing her appearance. Besides showing total disregard to James Wan.

Eu2QSEYWYAYKf3I.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    this is one thing I don't like with snyder, the liberties he takes with these characters how can you make Mera blonde when for 60years she is a redhead? had I been her creator I would be seriously offended. This not changing her history etc its changing her appearance. Besides showing total disregard to James Wan.

Eu2QSEYWYAYKf3I.jpg
    It's probably the lightning. This really isn't a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It's probably the lightning. This really isn't a big deal.
    seriously what lightning? she is blonde no doubts in that, even in other stills show blonde hair.