I don't like Man of Steel or Batman vs Superman. I like moments in the films but not the films as a whole. That being said, I've probably rewatched them more than I have most Marvel movies.

Honestly if it wasn't for the Snyder Cut I probably would have left these films behind me. The Snyder Cut is such a strange phenomenon, I'm even taking a day off of work so I can watch it when it releases (if it wasn't 4 hours than I wouldn't have bothered). I'm not expecting it to be good, but I'm not hoping it's bad either. I'm expecting it to be better than Justice League though, just because Snyder clearly had more passion in the project than Whedon, stuff like that shows.

Snyder is clearly a Frank Millar and Alan Moore fan who didn't understand the The Dark Knight Returns and The Watchmen take place in their own sort-of pocket dimensions for a reason. I'm not bashing him for liking those stories and wanting to emulate them, they are good stories. However, building an entire universe with potentially dozens of spinoffs off of very grim stories with extreme characters that aren't particularly likeable isn't a good method to garner a large fan base. Batman riding driving his Batmobile around with twin machine guns mounted onto the hood shooting goons, yeah that can be entertaining if it was an alternate universe Batman, but if that's the main continuity Batman it just raises all sorts of problems in-universe.

Regardless, I am still clearly curious about the Snyder Cut. I'm at least hoping to enjoy myself even if I end up not liking the movie.