Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    And that's another thing Snyder fans do to deflect criticism.
    That if you have any criticisms or grievances with Synder you basically you shouldn't be allowed to express them
    Maybe start a grievance and criticism thread for BvS or MoS, logically you are better served, putting your opinion on a movie you have seen than coming on a thread to criticise a movie you haven't seen or won't even see because you feel slighted by prior films. I hope you get informative or engaging discourse there.

BANNED

So basically create an echo box where opposing opinions aren't allowed like what this thread is.

That if you have any criticisms or grievances with Synder you basically you shouldn't be allowed to express them
    This thread is about Snyder's movies, not about Snyder's fans.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

So basically create an echo box where opposing opinions aren't allowed like what this thread is.
    For what it's worth, and I say this as a huge critic of Snyder's films, you can't really mention them without it devolving into bashing the Snyder films, so like with the appreciation topics I can see why his fans would want a space they can discuss what they love about his movies instead of being inundated with our ceaseless dunking on him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post

When half of this thread is people going "this movie is for Snyder's fans who get his work" that creates little distinction between the two

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    For what it's worth, and I say this as a huge critic of Snyder's films, you can't really mention them without it devolving into bashing the Snyder films, so like with the appreciation topics I can see why his fans would want a space they can discuss what they love about his movies instead of being inundated with our ceaseless dunking on him.
    Then they need a create Zack Snyder appreciation thread, this is still the Justice League film discussion thread, the fact they put "respectful" in the title doesn't change things.
    Last edited by Jewel Runner; 03-07-2021 at 02:14 AM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

When half of this thread is people going "this movie is for Snyder's fans who get his work" that creates little distinction between the two

Then they need a create Zack Snyder appreciation thread, this is still the Justice League film discussion thread, the fact they put "respectful" in the title doesn't change things.
    Nevertheless, HsssH is correct in assessing that the discussion has moved from the films to his fanbase, so to stray back on topic, I'll add that the one thing I really do appreciate about Snyder's films is that Jeremy Irons is excellent casting and I wouldn't mind to see him in another Batman project even with another Bruce Wayne.

Astonishing Member

Not really it only becomes an echo box if the level or depth of discourse is infantile.If you have grievances you can elucidate without nebulous adjectives, I'm sure some other fans on there will have a grievance with you and maybe you'll just crystallize their opinion all the more..

BANNED

By this point you're not even saying anything of substance

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Nevertheless, HsssH is correct in assessing that the discussion has moved from the films to his fanbase, so to stray back on topic, I'll add that the one thing I really do appreciate about Snyder's films is that Jeremy Irons is excellent casting and I wouldn't mind to see him in another Batman project even with another Bruce Wayne.
    One thing that I like is that almost all of Snyder's movies have had great casting (bar ezra miller and jesse eisenberg).

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Not really it only becomes an echo box if the level or depth of discourse is infantile.If you have grievances you can elucidate without nebulous adjectives, I'm sure some other fans on there will have a grievance with you and maybe you'll just crystallize their opinion all the more..
    I have something to say.Dude! i don't understand a word you just said.
    By this point you're not even saying anything of substance
    If he had said something of substance.Would your grievances have vanished?It's been years since the battle started.I don't think it would have.Every argument from each side has already been made.By all means,you are welcome to have them.i have a lot of grievances as well regarding certain characters.You can opine as well.If someone likes to respond they will.If not you will be ignored.It happens to everyone.Me especially,
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-07-2021 at 03:14 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I mean, when I see Snyder fans making up things in this thread like,
    Geoff Johns stealing ideas from Snyder, Geoff Johns writing the storyboards, Snyder is more relevant than anything MCU put out,
    I think I should call out their bullshit, but maybe that's just me,
    maybe it's best to leave Snyder fans to indulge themselves in their delusions.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I have something to say.Dude! i don't understand a word you just said.

If he had said something of substance.Would your grievances have vanished?It's been years since the battle started.I don't think it would have.Every argument from each side has already been made.By all means,you are welcome to have them.i have a lot of grievances as well regarding certain characters.You can opine as well.If someone likes to respond they will.If not you will be ignored.It happens to everyone.Me especially,
    I just think even if there is a general consensus on a thread, if there is serious discussion, new insights can be gained.

I believe and maybe I'm in a minority,don't know..that it is easier to go into a deeper analysis of something you like or at a minimum you don't understand but want to , than something you just detest.

Having said that it also is likely the more open you are to scrutinising something ,the more likely one's superficial notions preconceived or not will be replaced with (even if not entirely) at least some appreciation.

I mean it ultimately depends on the motive of someone coming onto a thread of a director's films they hated.Even if this was a thread for MoS and BvS fans, what is the ultimate goal of venting on your hate for the movie?

Is it just to be heard? Because you are better served being heard by people with a common opinion.

If it is for argument's sake then definitely ,it is better to express how the movie for example was internally incohesive or had a plot hole that is unexplained, actual movie plot technicalities (if there is merit in the claim) than merely complaining how the story you saw does not line up with what you imagined the plot should have been or Supes should have done this or Bats should have done that.Which is what most detractors actually do.They do not judge the film based on its own story. That transforms into an animus for Snyder for not liking the story he is telling ,even if he is fully entitled to telling his story.

If it is ultimately to try and invalidate the appreciation of Snyder's fans for the story he is telling then it is a very futile exercise, especially if the detractors resort to infantile diatribe(not saying this thread has degenerated into that or will)
    Last edited by Rev9; 03-07-2021 at 05:58 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning63 View Post
    One thing that I like is that almost all of Snyder's movies have had great casting (bar ezra miller and jesse eisenberg).
    I don't even mind Ezra Miller. He's no more or less Barry Allen than Grant Gustin (both of whom feel more like a Wally West sort of starting out speedster character than a growed-up forensic scientist like comic book Barry Allen), but he's not like, actively annoying to me, like Jesse Eisenberg's manic Luthor.

I'm not even a little bit a fan of the movies, but I really do like how big name real-world stuff is woven into the films. Actual news anchors are seen on 'TV' talking about Superman (Anderson Cooper, Soledad O'Brian, Jon Stewart and Charlie Rose all appearing in Batman v. Superman, for instance), unlike in MCU movies where you're more likely to see a fictional character (like J. Jonah Jameson) in that role. It really goes a long way to making the DCU movies feel like they are more set in the 'real world' than the MCU movies, for whatever that's worth.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

No one is telling you not to hate Snyder's films, but you gain nothing by endlessly trying to convince people who enjoy something that it's bad.

If want to do that, there's no doubt dozens of other threads where you can do that.
    Last edited by Bored at 3:00AM; 03-07-2021 at 07:08 AM.

Incredible Member

Zach Snyder recently revealed that he's a big fan of Vedic ancient stories-puranas, mahabharata. I wonder if Cyborg becoming a God and able to create a human body for himself is connected to Vedic or Vedanta philosophy and thought. According to Black Roots Science when God first incarnated on Earth he/she took the darkness of space for his/her skin. Vedanta philosophy also reminds me of Raven's soul-self. Marvel is attempting to make a franchise with the Phoenix Force and that is something that I always thought that DC should do with Raven's soul-self. She can teach others to develop their own. In Vedanta philosophy there is something called the True-self, which reminded me of Raven's soul-self. They call it Atman and it's said to consists of the boundless light of consciousness that has no birth or death. Fire cannot burn it and water cannot make it wet. It's a philosophy of self-realization which says that people are one with the Universe but you have to pursue a lifetime of Sadhana to obtain it. This sounds like Raven's story in the beginning of the New Teen Titans run in the 80s. This theme could make a great Snyder Cyborg God/Raven movie.