Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    By this point you're not even saying anything of substance
    Then why are you still posting here? This thread is for respectfully discussing a film. It was all laid out pretty clearly in the first post.

You're clearly a smart enough person to have read that first post, yet you are doubling down on trying to turn it into another pointless argument over BvS and MoS, which you can do ANYWHERE ELSE

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    Zach Snyder recently revealed that he's a big fan of Vedic ancient stories-puranas, mahabharata. I wonder if Cyborg becoming a God and able to create a human body for himself is connected to Vedic or Vedanta philosophy and thought. According to Black Roots Science when God first incarnated on Earth he/she took the darkness of space for his/her skin. Vedanta philosophy also reminds me of Raven's soul-self. Marvel is attempting to make a franchise with the Phoenix Force and that is something that I always thought that DC should do with Raven's soul-self. She can teach others to develop their own. In Vedanta philosophy there is something called the True-self, which reminded me of Raven's soul-self. They call it Atman and it's said to consists of the boundless light of consciousness that has no birth or death. Fire cannot burn it and water cannot make it wet. It's a philosophy of self-realization which says that people are one with the Universe but you have to pursue a lifetime of Sadhana to obtain it. This sounds like Raven's story in the beginning of the New Teen Titans run in the 80s. This theme could make a great Snyder Cyborg God/Raven movie.
    Need to read up more on that mythology, but sounds interesting if they gave nods to eastern religions ,seeing as how Zack incorporated a lot of Christian motif in MoS and BvS

How Zack Snyder’s Superman Saved My Life. by Amanda Pardo

https://medium.com/@AmandaKP/how-zac...e-45ecfe806373

If there's one reason I don't like the Snyder fandom it's this stuff right here this whataboutism BS they always spout.
    Frankly when the discussion about Snyder persists primarily because both he wouldn't shut up on social media about his alleged 5 movie plan and his fans doing the same "the movies are actually good you just don't get it" crap they've been doing since day one it's not something to be proud of because everyone else is ready to move on and forget the movies even happened.
    Look, I think we can all agree that Snyder has toxic fans, like every other fanbase - but please don't equate an entire fanbase to a vocal minority. As for him shutting up, he doesn't actively post all that often, just replies to stuff his fans ask on Vero and such (which I don't think is a bad thing per se; just a creator engaging with his fans).

Everyone else is ready to move on? Sure, move on then. Most fans I see aren't going and actively tagging, telling random people that Snyder's movies are good, they are just enjoying them. And they did of course petition WB to release Snyder cut, which is fine...if they want to petition for something they enjoyed, why not?

I think if anything rest of the fan base should be happy for them (of course, don't have to like Snyder's works. Just ignore and move on. We live in an age with plenty of other comic book products - movies, tv shows - DC, Marvel and others; we aren't limited to Snyder's works).

Keep in mind, there's also another fandom as well - the toxic hate one (so it's sort of a vicious circle between Snyder's toxic fans and toxic haters).
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    No one is telling you not to hate Snyder's films, but you gain nothing by endlessly trying to convince people who enjoy something that it's bad.

If want to do that, there's no doubt dozens of other threads where you can do that.
    I don't care about convincing Snyder fans that their movies are bad, the movies themselves do a good enough job at it, I however should be allowed to express things I don't like about the movies.
    And not constantly be told that I shouldn't be allowed to do that

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Then why are you still posting here? This thread is for respectfully discussing a film. It was all laid out pretty clearly in the first post.
    Oh don't give me that BS, it's clear you meant it to be for people who don't want to do anything but sing Snyder's praises, not for discussion
    Last edited by Jewel Runner; 03-07-2021 at 08:58 AM.

I don't care about convincing Snyder fans that their movies are bad, the movies themselves do a good enough job at it, I however should be allowed to express things I don't like about the movies.

Oh don't give me that BS, it's clear you meant it to be for people who don't want to do anything but sing Snyder's praises, not for discussion
    In a vacuum sure, you're right , your opinion matters. However, and this is big so pay attention because you don't seem to be getting this part. This isn't the place for negativity/people who DON'T like his films. There are a plethora of other threads on this message board where your opinion is not only welcome but the norm. The person who made the thread and is asking you to stop has made this clear. As much as you want to turn it into "muh freeDOm of speech brah" it still isin t applicable. .

BANNED

You're just confirming what I said before you want this to be nothing but an echo chamber where people are not allowed to express different opinions

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

You're just confirming what I said before you want this to be nothing but an echo chamber where people are not allowed to express different opinions
    It's not that different to an appreciation thread, where people are not allowed to come in and bash the subject character. So if you want to bash Snyder's films, do so elsewhere. The Mods have already warned against doing exactly what you're doing in here.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Already Flash is seeming a lot cooler. Not just a nervous newbie who can run fast, but a walking science experiment with limitless potential.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    It's not that different to an appreciation thread, where people are not allowed to come in and bash the subject character. So if you want to bash Snyder's films, do so elsewhere. The Mods have already warned against doing exactly what you're doing in here.
    Again point proven.
    You just want this to be a place where different opinions and viewpoints are not allowed, where people can't express even the tiniest bit of criticism.

Again point proven.
    You just want this to be a place where different opinions and viewpoints are not allowed, where people can't express even the tiniest bit of criticism.
    Not really, people were pointing to your posts about Snyder's fans/fandom, which isn't what this thread is about (refer to HsssH or Robanker posts on previous page).

I admit I had replied to that as well (which is my bad. Discussing fans isn't the intent of this thread).
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

BANNED

Well I wouldn't need to bring up Snyder's fandom, if people weren't using whataboutism and bringing up things like Marvel instead staying on topic.

Can we just drop this before the thread gets locked? It's getting tiresome.

Then you haven't actually read this thread very thoroughly because we've managed to criticize the flaws and choices of Snyder's films pretty regularly thus far. Again, it's all laid out in that first post that you clearly haven't read yet.

Here's a repost about the rules of this thread in case anyone needs a reminder:

1) If you can't handle any criticism of Zack Snyder's work, I would suggest restarting the appreciation thread. I have my issues with Snyder's films, but I also think there's a lot of really great stuff in them, so while I am genuinely looking forward to seeing what this film is going to be, I also think it'll have a lot of ideas that are worth critiquing beyond the reductive "Snyder's just a dumb dudebro in love with Ayn Rand!" stuff.

2) If you've hated Snyder's previous DC films and are planning to slog through a FOUR HOUR film just so you can come here to complain about it, that says a lot more about you than it does about the quality of Zack Snyder's films. No one is asking for you to relitigate the well-trodden ground of why you and others do not like his particular take on the DC characters.

3) This is also not a place to complain about the toxic fandom. Yes, there are horrible people who both love and hate Zack Snyder's films. We don't need another pissing contest over which faction is worse or whether or not HBO Max should have even bankrolled this film to begin with. This thread is to discuss the merits of the film itself, not whether or not it should even exist.

4) Please remember that we're discussing a movie about people running around in ridiculous costumes shooting lazers out of their various bodily orifices. Save the righteous indignation for topics that are more worthy of it. Have fun and remember that there's lots of different ways of approaching these characters and you may not necessarily like all of them.

5) We don't need to rehash whether or not the Snyder-verse will be continuing. That's above all our paygrades and no amount of our Monday Morning Quarterbacking of it is going to change the simple fact NONE of us are going to know how successful or unsuccessful Zack Snyder's Justice League is going to be because streaming numbers are a giant shell game. The current WB head isn't interested in continuing Snyder's films so it isn't happening no matter how much you may want it to. Just enjoy this film for what it is and appreciate it on its own terms rather than pine for something that is currently a pipe dream at best.

Okay, boys and girls, let's all play nicely with each other and remember to have fun. SPOILERS will be fair game the moment the movie becomes available.