Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Default The Zack Snyder's Justice League *Respectful* Film Discussion

I know this will likely be a lost cause, but I figure I'll give this a shot since the Zack Snyder Appreciation Thread has been closed for what I can only assume are the usual reasons. Let's see if we can establish a few ground rules that will hopefully make this one last a little longer

1) If you can't handle any criticism of Zack Snyder's work, I would suggest restarting the appreciation thread. I have my issues with Snyder's films, but I also think there's a lot of really great stuff in them, so while I am genuinely looking forward to seeing what this film is going to be, I also think it'll have a lot of ideas that are worth critiquing beyond the reductive "Snyder's just a dumb dudebro in love with Ayn Rand!" stuff.

2) If you've hated Snyder's previous DC films and are planning to slog through a FOUR HOUR film just so you can come here to complain about it, that says a lot more about you than it does about the quality of Zack Snyder's films. No one is asking for you to relitigate the well-trodden ground of why you and others do not like his particular take on the DC characters.

3) This is also not a place to complain about the toxic fandom. Yes, there are horrible people who both love and hate Zack Snyder's films. We don't need another pissing contest over which faction is worse or whether or not HBO Max should have even bankrolled this film to begin with. This thread is to discuss the merits of the film itself, not whether or not it should even exist.

4) Please remember that we're discussing a movie about people running around in ridiculous costumes shooting lazers out of their various bodily orifices. Save the righteous indignation for topics that are more worthy of it. Have fun and remember that there's lots of different ways of approaching these characters and you may not necessarily like all of them.

5) We don't need to rehash whether or not the Snyder-verse will be continuing. That's above all our paygrades and no amount of our Monday Morning Quarterbacking of it is going to change the simple fact NONE of us are going to know how successful or unsuccessful Zack Snyder's Justice League is going to be because streaming numbers are a giant shell game. The current WB head isn't interested in continuing Snyder's films so it isn't happening no matter how much you may want it to. Just enjoy this film for what it is and appreciate it on its own terms rather than pine for something that is currently a pipe dream at best.

Okay, boys and girls, let's all play nicely with each other and remember to have fun. SPOILERS will be fair game the moment the movie becomes available.
    Last edited by Bored at 3:00AM; 02-22-2021 at 07:46 AM.