Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    As a director? No. Producer/consultant/etc.? Totally.

JL ended up being a decent mixture of his style and studio interference but he doesnt seem to want to conform to the studios demands and they probably dont want to keep battling with his style so I could only see JL2 being more in vein of BvS.
    Ok. i have to say I'm not a big fan of his style when it comes to DC. I feel like he struggles with most human emotions in characters. I'm surprised Cyborg came out as good as he did

But he can still be the producer. I don't think I have a problem with that

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Four hours is a huge chunk out of a person's day. People do have lives outside of watching movies. It isn't necessarily an indictment of the film's quality.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    My wife watched it as a mini-series. Most people are too busy to set aside 4 hours of their day to watch superheroes punching each other and being sad.

Viewing numbers on streaming services are all a shell game anyway. Netflick's Bridgeton is supposed to be a hit as well and most people only watched the first minute and a half of it. The success or failure of art is a personal thing to me. Frankly, I don't care about the financial aspect of it beyond whether or not it means I get to keep watching cool adaptations of the characters I love.

The rest is all noise and posturing by fans who either love or hate a particular thing and the corporations themselves trying to justify the ridiculous expense that goes into these productions.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wasn’t meant to be. But WB is definitely going to use stats like that to gauge interest.

It’s not episodic though, it’s a film not a TV show. And I think you’re seriously overestimating how many people will come back, if you read the article it says that many of the 1.8 million “views” only watched 5 minutes before stopping.
    Man, I love you, but I really think you're worrying too much about this. We get that you hate Snyder's interpretation of this stuff, but WB is clearly moving on with the Abrams/Coates Superman reboot, and the Superman & Lois TV show. Even in the highly unlikely scenario that HBO Max decides to bankroll more of these, it just means that they'll be more DC stuff out there that some people will love, others will like or hate or be completely indifferent to.

Also. Snyder did indeed divide it up into chapters so people could watch it episodically if they wanted or all at once if that's their jam, too. Or not watch it altogether. Which you probably should have done

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

I have seen the film twice but neither time in all 4hrs straight. 3rd rewatch I plan too when it comes out on home video.

Side note there are DVD listings for ZSJL... crazy how in 2021 DVD still isn't obsolete lol
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    He should be over at Marvel directing a Squadron Supreme movie. That's where his strengths lie.
    First IMHO Zack Snyder has no business in ever doing a Marvel project he's clearly not the right guy to handle any of their characters or any of the DC characters. Second my thoughts are that IF Marvel is going to use Squadron Supreme as either a movie or streaming TV show it will be used as Marvel's answer to Snyder and DC's grimdark approach to their superheroes and saying "this is NOT how superheroes should act and Marvel heroes are real heroes not like how DC has there beloved icons killing people and destroying cities as much if not more than the villains" whereas Snyder has stated and shown that he has no problem with Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman killing people, destroying cities, not saving people, and not giving a **** about being heroes. If Snyder can't get along with DC/WB suits I doubt he would ever get a long with Kevin Fiege.

And I could be 100% wrong on all of this.
    Last edited by Cyberstrike; 03-28-2021 at 06:54 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberstrike View Post
    First IMHO Zack Snyder has no business in ever doing a Marvel project he's clearly not the right guy to handle any of their characters or any of the DC characters. Second my thoughts are that IF Marvel is going to use Squadron Supreme as either a movie or streaming TV show it will be used as Marvel's answer to Snyder and DC's grimdark approach to their superheroes and saying "this is NOT how superheroes should act and Marvel heroes are real heroes not like how DC has there beloved icons killing people and destroying cities as much if not more than the villains" whereas Snyder has stated and shown that he has no problem with Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman killing people, destroying cities, not saving people, and not giving a **** about being heroes. If Snyder can't get along with DC/WB suits I doubt he would ever get a long with Kevin Fiege.

I doubt the Squadron would even be a major group in the MCU.

Although it's odd considering Marvel was historically the grittier comic universe AFAIK

I think Snyder believes superheroes would just cause massive damage

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Snyder has stated and shown that he has no problem with Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman killing people, destroying cities, not saving people, and not giving a **** about being heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    I have seen the film twice but neither time in all 4hrs straight. 3rd rewatch I plan too when it comes out on home video.

Side note there are DVD listings for ZSJL... crazy how in 2021 DVD still isn't obsolete lol
    Blu-ray is expensive, lol.

He'd probably have the Avengers do worse damage than the Squadron Supreme did in order to stop them.

Also if he didn't want them to be heroes, what did he want them to be? Oh right, Jesus, Saint Stephen, and Joan of Arc (he knows Joan of Arc never killed anyone herself right?)

Side tangent, I don't like how Marvel uses the Squadron Supreme as a shortcut to write villains. Since we all know the general personality of DC characters, they are just using their personality trait's as a shortcut so they don't have to create new villains. I'm not against the Squadron Supreme but I don't like how Marvel is making an event out of it in the comics, but that's besides the point.

Marvel just has to have heroes fighting each other, how many events have they had where a villain turns heroes evil? Now they are fighting DC superhero knockoffs. C'mon Marvel, you're better than that, right?

I don't want them to bring the Squadron Supreme to the big screen anytime soon, if ever. They have plenty of better villains they can use.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 03-28-2021 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I doubt the Squadron would even be a major group in the MCU.

Although it's odd considering Marvel was historically the grittier comic universe AFAIK

I think Snyder believes superheroes would just cause massive damage

You guys need to chill. I made that comment in jest.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    You guys need to chill. I made that comment in jest.
    Haha, no problem, I didn't realize it.

Finished the movie. It's certainly better than the studio version, but it sets up such a terrible direction for the sequels, that I'm kind of relieved WB scrapped some elements.
    I also think it is way too freaking long, with not enough story to justify. Two whole hours of what is basically a prologue until the team finally gets together. Then Superman is revived to make everyone look weak, they defeat Steppenwolf and there comes the overlong epilogue.
    And man, I love Martian Manhunter, but his inclusion was so useless. He played no part in this film's narrative, his dialogue with Bruce at the end felt forced and he didn't even seem to matter enough to be in that terrible nightmare sequence.

I don't regret watching it because there really are some cool visuals and concepts, but I think the DCEU will be in a way better place if they ignore the overly grim tone and ditch everything about the nightmare and the Bruce and Lois pairing.
    I will also say that if did leave me wanting a new JL movie, thought. With more kick-ass women and hopefully Martian Manhunter in a central role. And a proper Superman take, but that goes without saying.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Finished the movie. It's certainly better than the studio version, but it sets up such a terrible direction for the sequels, that I'm kind of relieved WB scrapped some elements.
    I also think it is way too freaking long, with not enough story to justify. Two whole hours of what is basically a prologue until the team finally gets together. Then Superman is revived to make everyone look weak, they defeat Steppenwolf and there comes the overlong epilogue.
    And man, I love Martian Manhunter, but his inclusion was so useless. He played no part in this film's narrative, his dialogue with Bruce at the end felt forced and he didn't even seem to matter enough to be in that terrible nightmare sequence.

I don't regret watching it because there really are some cool visuals and concepts, but I think the DCEU will be in a way better place if they ignore the overly grim tone and ditch everything about the nightmare and the Bruce and Lois pairing.
    I will also say that if did leave me wanting a new JL movie, thought. With more kick-ass women and hopefully Martian Manhunter in a central role. And a proper Superman take, but that goes without saying.
    Honestly I'd even like grim and gritty if I could care enough about the characters

Pretty much i agree with you though

Slightly pissed. This was way better than the BS we got.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I finally sat down to watch this film. It was awesome. Go big or go home and Snyder certainly went big. It's incredible how much Whedon, Johns and Berg cut from hours of material Snyder had shot. Only to reshoot their own scenes, frankenstein the cuts together for their Avengers 1 copycat. I see now why they all got the boot after JL failed in theaters.

I haven't watched theatrical JL since I saw it in theaters, even though I own it on blu-ray and iTunes. I don't imagine I will ever watch that version again.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I finally sat down to watch this film. It was awesome. Go big or go home and Snyder certainly went big. It's incredible how much Whedon, Johns and Berg cut from hours of material Snyder had shot. Only to reshoot their own scenes, frankenstein the cuts together for their Avengers 1 copycat. I see now why they all got the boot after JL failed in theaters.

I haven't watched theatrical JL since I saw it in theaters, even though I own it on blu-ray and iTunes. I don't imagine I will ever watch that version again.
    I still kinda feel the plot for this version was basically the plot from Avengers 1 though