Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Compare that to the price of a whole new movie - it's almost half the price!
    True, plus the 2017 film is a Frankenstein with only 10% of what Snyder shot, no comparison, the movies have a similar general outline but the details are night and day I think

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Yeah, I found that interesting, but at this point not too surprising. I get the sense that almost everything that wasn't an action sequence was scrapped or repurposed.
    I actually remember though not verbatim,Zack saying even before he left the project JL would be a bit lighter than BvS and from the first trailer Flash was going to bring levity,so I think it will be lighter definitely just not the awkwardly forced levity of the 2017 film

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    this is one thing I don't like with snyder, the liberties he takes with these characters how can you make Mera blonde when for 60years she is a redhead? had I been her creator I would be seriously offended. This not changing her history etc its changing her appearance. Besides showing total disregard to James Wan.

Attachment 106457
    Alright, you can dial it back a bit and might want to give the rules of this thread another read. Thanks

If you think changing the hair of a comic character is cause for any kind of offence, then you might be taking this too seriously. I'm sure James Wan is perfectly okay with the actress playing Mera not wanting to dye her hair for the day or two of reshoots she did for Snyder.

Besides, Snyder's Justice League is an alternate version of the story that is under no obligation to match any of the other DCEU films that were made following his departure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Alright, you can dial it back a bit and might want to give the rules of this thread another read. Thanks

If you think changing the hair of a comic character is cause for any kind of offence, then you might be taking this too seriously. I'm sure James Wan is perfectly okay with the actress playing Mera not wanting to dye her hair for the day or two of reshoots she did for Snyder.

Besides, Snyder's Justice League is an alternate version of the story that is under no obligation to match any of the other DCEU films that were made following his departure.
    she can wear a wig

she can wear a wig
    Good wigs cost money and bad ones look like garbage under lights. I would guess that every cent of this movie's new budget went to VFX. Reportedly, all the actors came in for reshoots as personal favors to Snyder. No one got paid except for the crew and the actors were paid scale.

I mean, they could have digitally recolored her hair like they did with Cavill's suit but maybe they didn't have the time, resources or interest in satisfying the handful of fans deeply invested in Mera's red hair who will have to suffer through those handful of minutes that Mera will be appearing in. Maybe they can pretend that Mera was trying a different look that week and dyed her hair back to its original red by the time the Aquaman movie rolled around or Superboy-Prime retcon punched her hair blonde or something

Good wigs cost money and bad ones look like garbage under lights. I would guess that every cent of this movie's new budget went to VFX. Reportedly, all the actors came in for reshoots as personal favors to Snyder. No one got paid except for the crew and the actors were paid scale.

I mean, they could have digitally recolored her hair like they did with Cavill's suit but maybe they didn't have the time, resources or interest in satisfying the handful of fans deeply invested in Mera's red hair who will have to suffer through those handful of minutes that Mera will be appearing in. Maybe they can pretend that Mera was trying a different look that week and dyed her hair back to its original red by the time the Aquaman movie rolled around or Superboy-Prime retcon punched her hair blonde or something
    Oh come on they spent 70 million plus and they could not spare some money for a wig?
    lets admit he takes liberties with characters, in JL her hair was at most auburn not Mera red. Same liberties in which he made Atlanteans talk in bubbles. And since Mera is one of the few that can control water to make bubbles, Atlanteans must talk through sign language! the later I hope it was a whedon invention. Pointing out mistakes is not being hateful or disrespectful. Unless constructive criticism ain't accepted anymore.

Astonishing Member

Oh come on they spent 70 million plus and they could not spare some money for a wig?
    lets admit he takes liberties with characters, in JL her hair was at most auburn not Mera red. Same liberties in which he made Atlanteans talk in bubbles. And since Mera is one of the few that can control water to make bubbles, Atlanteans must talk through sign language! the later I hope it was a whedon invention. Pointing out mistakes is not being hateful or disrespectful. Unless constructive criticism ain't accepted anymore.
    I honestly don't think it's that big a deal first of all Amber is not one spinning that many plates(movies) I think dying her hair light red and then augmenting into any shade of red in post prod would be better,I'm not a fan of wigs anyway.I guess Zack took liberties but I am not that much of a purist to claim hair colour is a deal breaker.Though I actually quite like the air bubble idea, not only is it good aesthetically to show off the water powers.I feel the perfect explanation even if some don't find it convincing is that it's only Atlantean royalty who speak in air pockets harkening back to their land dwelling days, but most of the common folk speak through water depending how you showcase it.I think one just has to have a plausible explanation for it and I'm game
    Last edited by Rev9; 02-24-2021 at 03:33 AM.

Astonishing Member

I know recent comments by Snyder are that WB are not interested in a JL sequel, but that may be for the movie division.Do you guys think if HBO subscriptions are significant and the post release buzz is great we may get a JL2 entirely exclusive to HBO? Early days ,but who knows, we've come this far..

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Thank you for your service Gaelforce. It's greatly appreciated. I know this thread is going to be a pain in your ass and I sincerely apologize in advance for all the extra work it will no doubt cause.

We can do this, people! We can discuss this film respectfully and with nuance and good humor! I believe in us!
    There are other places to dump on Snyder, so there's no reason why it has to be done on your discussion thread, Bored.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Stop overreacting. No one has said you were being hateful, but you trying to make the hair color of a supporting character who will only appear for a few minutes some kind of insult on the part of Snyder towards Wan is ridiculous.

As for the air bubbles, we don't even know if that's in Snyder's cut, do we?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    There are other places to dump on Snyder, so there's no reason why it has to be done on your discussion thread, Bored.
    Agreed, but you and I both know that's not going to stop people from doing so

Irregardless, I appreciate you and everyone else trying to keep the intent of this thread intact for as long as we can before the dam breaks...

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I prefer the strong red hair but still not convinced that she's certifiably blonde. Their underwater lighting effect might just diminish the color.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I prefer the strong red hair but still not convinced that she's certifiably blonde. Their underwater lighting effect might just diminish the color.
    Definitely. We likely won't know for sure until the film gets released and then, I am sure, people will have far bigger problems to complain about than Amber Heard being blonde

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Agreed, but you and I both know that's not going to stop people from doing so
    They might if they know I'll be patrolling this thread from now on.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I'm looking forward to the film, my only concern is that the #SnyderCut movement might be more interesting than the final project itself (even if its good).

The funny thing with Zack Snyder is that people think he takes things to seriously, so when he puts out a comedic image of Joker as Jesus Christ as a joke they think he's being serious. He strikes me as a guy who is on Twitter a lot.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut