Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It would have been kinda easy to fix the silly idea that Darkseid just forgot where he left the Mother Boxes and where he originally found the Anti-Life Equation. They should have had Diana just say something like, “After Darkseid was turned back, Zeus and the other gods hid earth from his gaze so he could never find his way back.” Now the old gods are dead so the earth is no longer hidden.
    The first thing we see of darkseid in combat is how he is almost killed in seconds, in the end darkseid flees from a tired and unprepared jl. it is clear that the idea was to turn darkseid into the useless supreme of the universe.

Darkseid did easily kill a Green Lantern, before Zeus and Ares went to work on him.

Also the movie suggests he hadn't attained the rank he has now during that skirmish. I don't remember the exact line between Steppenwolf and Desaad but he wasn't the supreme emperor or overlord at that point in time. So besides having a better rank he might have gotten a power up since then.
    The J-man

BANNED

It does not matter if the darkseid at the end is stronger, the first thing you see is how they crush him in seconds, it leaves the character in a very bad place. It would have been better to see only the darkseid at the end. snyder has a mania to humiliate his villains, he did it with Zod and the beating that a scientist gave him, now with darkseid.

BANNED

Definitely prefer the Snyder version my only issues honestly were some of the lines and deliveries for The Flash and Wonder Woman were a bit cringe in my opinion. I feel like they should of had someone narrate the whole Flash running back scene, and I surprisingly felt like Diana smile in certain deliveries and scenes were awkward like the whole Kal-El the lasso compels you scene.

Cyborg and Flash though definitely got some really awesome treatment in the Snydercut. it overall felt more hopeful and exciting so despite the flaws I definitely found it more enjoyable and wouldn’t mind watching a sequel. Especially since the whole Steppenwolf beat down was a team effort and not just a Superman beatdown fest on the guy. I liked the SuperAquaWonder combination on delivering Steppenwolf back to Apokolips.

There are certainly things that were improved, in regards to the portrayals of Cyborg and the Flash. They were given more involved roles in the story and complete character arcs, good for them. The theatrical cut already treated supes poorly, this one treats him even worse.
    The four hour run time does not benefit the movie. I’m typing this just as I finished watching and I’m already having trouble remembering how much of the padding in between scenes was actually substantial. It’s a lot more exposition to overexplain a relatively simple plot.
    I was pretty dissapointed by the use of Darkseid, and that epilogue was the funniest bs ever, like a YouTube fan film with 75 million budget.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Interview - Zack Snyder Answers Every Question You Have About His Justice League Cut: https://www.esquire.com/entertainmen...gue-interview/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    There are certainly things that were improved, in regards to the portrayals of Cyborg and the Flash. They were given more involved roles in the story and complete character arcs, good for them. The theatrical cut already treated supes poorly, this one treats him even worse.
    The four hour run time does not benefit the movie. I’m typing this just as I finished watching and I’m already having trouble remembering how much of the padding in between scenes was actually substantial. It’s a lot more exposition to overexplain a relatively simple plot.
    I was pretty dissapointed by the use of Darkseid, and that epilogue was the funniest bs ever, like a YouTube fan film with 75 million budget.
    How’d it treat Superman worse?

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

It would have been kinda easy to fix the silly idea that Darkseid just forgot where he left the Mother Boxes and where he originally found the Anti-Life Equation. They should have had Diana just say something like, “After Darkseid was turned back, Zeus and the other gods hid earth from his gaze so he could never find his way back.” Now the old gods are dead so the earth is no longer hidden.
    Again I never got that Darkseid forgot where Earth was or that the mother boxes were there. He wasn't on Earth originally for the anti life equation, just to conquer it. Remember, Darkseid was badly defeated on Earth so there would be credence why he didn't consider going back until Steppenwolf told him he found the equation there (after having it revealed to him by the 2nd mother box). Remember, Steppenwolf discusses being exiled or whatever for thousands of years and it's him who is drawn to the mother boxes. He also isn't on Earth with Darkseid in his first battle there. So my interpretation is that he was able to take one of the boxes and realized if he could unite all 3 he would be accepted by Darkseid again. None of that suggests everyone just forgot where Earth was.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    Again I never got that Darkseid forgot where Earth was or that the mother boxes were there. He wasn't on Earth originally for the anti life equation, just to conquer it. Remember, Darkseid was badly defeated on Earth so there would be credence why he didn't consider going back until Steppenwolf told him he found the equation there (after having it revealed to him by the 2nd mother box). Remember, Steppenwolf discusses being exiled or whatever for thousands of years and it's him who is drawn to the mother boxes. He also isn't on Earth with Darkseid in his first battle there. So my interpretation is that he was able to take one of the boxes and realized if he could unite all 3 he would be accepted by Darkseid again. None of that suggests everyone just forgot where Earth was.
    Yeah the end of the film with Darkseid where he suggest ready the armada we’ll head over there the old fashion way I would of assumed would make sense to all of that. He knows where Earth is, it’s the one planet we’ve been told where he suffered a defeat. The other one possibly being Krypton.

Obviously Cyborg had a much much better character arc and was a standout, but something that impressed me even more about the Snyder Cut was Steppenwolf. The theatrical version was one of the worst villains ever seen in a superhero flick. This version actually had some layers. They really made good use of Ciarán Hinds‘ amazing voice (even though it is modified). Steppenwolf in the SC was more savage and an actually intimidating villain (until Superman humiliated him). I even kind felt sorry for him when Desaad told him he still owed 50,000 more worlds for his attempted coup. The character design, while still not great, looked a lot better in motion as his armor actually shifted. This version of Steppenwolf was light years better than the horrible theatrical cut.
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-20-2021 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    How’d it treat Superman worse?
    It doubled down on treating Superman as less of a character and more of a macguffin to be fought over by the actual heroes and villains. I already despise the Injustice narrative of Lois being the only thing that prevents Clark from turning into a murderous madman, but at least in Injustice there was a bit of complexity to it. Clark was convinced that he was creating a safer world for everyone. This movie implies that he’s going to willingly team up with Darkseid to conquer Earth and enslave humanity. DCEU Superman is now a ticking time bomb that could go off at any moment . He isn’t given any agency over his own destiny, it’s all up to Batman to make sure he doesn’t go crazy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    It doubled down on treating Superman as less of a character and more of a macguffin to be fought over by the actual heroes and villains. I already despise the Injustice narrative of Lois being the only thing that prevents Clark from turning into a murderous madman, but at least in Injustice there was a bit of complexity to it. Clark was convinced that he was creating a safer world for everyone. This movie implies that he’s going to willingly team up with Darkseid to conquer Earth and enslave humanity. DCEU Superman is now a ticking time bomb that could go off at any moment . He isn’t given any agency over his own destiny, it’s all up to Batman to make sure he doesn’t go crazy.
    Darkseid wasn’t fighting to claim Superman atleast not Superman as a specific. The movie states Darkseids end goal is to enslave everyone. The whole purpose on Earth was use the mother boxes to turn earth into a barren wasteland similar to Apokolips. There was no goal presented by the villains to use Superman in anyway. The only hint we get to that is Bruce’s dream which isn’t a concrete thing to go off of. For all we know that’s Bruce thinking worst case scenarios.

The heroes did want Superman though but it was more than just his power. Bruce states in the film that “there’s no us without him” his whole purpose on uniting the League was also suggested to having been because of a promise he made to Clark. I’d argue Clark set off the whole thing with Bruce putting it into motion. Superman did beat the enemy but the rest of the league atleast got to contribute this time and they sent Steppenwolf off to Darkseid in a combined manner rather than Superman given him a beatdown he’s only use to from Darkseid.

Implies? See that’s not concrete you’re going off what you think and not know. Which I’d argue a dream sequence of a dystopian future isn’t the same. We have no context on how it happens.

I’d also rather take Superman being on a emotional break coupled with the ALE over Injustice Superman any day of the week. One he starts being controlled in a emotional sense. In the other which is Injustice he just keeps morally falling lower and lower with himself steering his actions not some mad dark god.

The rest of your post is all speculation we don’t know any of that as a fact. All we know is there’s a possibility that Darkseid wins and Superman is enslaved by the ALE. Given its a superhero movie I think it’s obvious that’s not the end goal. Possible Dystopian futures in the main timeline of comic books are never taken serious I don’t know why one in a CBM wouldn’t follow the same note.

BANNED

Obviously Cyborg had a much much better character arc and was a standout, but something that impressed me even more about the Snyder Cut was Steppenwolf. The theatrical version was one of the worst villains ever seen in a superhero flick. This version really makes good use of Ciarán Hinds‘ amazing voice (even though it is modified). Steppenwolf in the SC was more savage and an actually intimidating villain (until Superman humiliated him). I even kind felt sorry for him when Desaad told him he still owed 50,000 more worlds for his attempted coup. The character design, while still not great, looked a lot better in motion as his armor actually shifted. This version of Steppenwolf was light years better than the horrible theatrical cut.
    Definitely agree you also forgot to mention this one didn’t imply his power came from his weapon and he didn’t get killed by a punch of Parademons. Which was just moronic. Imagine Thanos or any of the Black Order being killed by Outriders. The idea of killing him off with fodder was just mind numbing.

It took me a very long time to get through this movie. Ultimately, it was very solid but I think it would have ended up not being great as a theatrical release with or without Whedon. Just like BvS the story all makes sense, it just takes a ridiculously long amount of time to tell.

3 hours of nothing in slow motion and 1h of battle ... 5/10 for me