Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Already Flash is seeming a lot cooler. Not just a nervous newbie who can run fast, but a walking science experiment with limitless potential.

I'm so stoked. Also the main news page on cbr has an article about Louis and Bruce having a child together in the justice league sequels. What is everyone's thoughts on this? What are your thoughts on sequels? I personally think we will get sequels. I don't think this is over by a long shot.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    Zach Snyder recently revealed that he's a big fan of Vedic ancient stories-puranas, mahabharata. I wonder if Cyborg becoming a God and able to create a human body for himself is connected to Vedic or Vedanta philosophy and thought. According to Black Roots Science when God first incarnated on Earth he/she took the darkness of space for his/her skin. Vedanta philosophy also reminds me of Raven's soul-self. Marvel is attempting to make a franchise with the Phoenix Force and that is something that I always thought that DC should do with Raven's soul-self. She can teach others to develop their own. In Vedanta philosophy there is something called the True-self, which reminded me of Raven's soul-self. They call it Atman and it's said to consists of the boundless light of consciousness that has no birth or death. Fire cannot burn it and water cannot make it wet. It's a philosophy of self-realization which says that people are one with the Universe but you have to pursue a lifetime of Sadhana to obtain it. This sounds like Raven's story in the beginning of the New Teen Titans run in the 80s. This theme could make a great Snyder Cyborg God/Raven movie.
    Alan moore did it with dr.manhattan.it shouldn't be that blunt for it to actually connect with people.The guy has a third eye.On the flipside,dr.manhattan is all about determinism.The guy knows he is bound by strings.He's enlightened.Yet,he still doesn't escape causal chain and has given up (in a sense) effort partialy atleast to escape it.To achieve moksha.He is not a karma yogi.It was interesting to see a enlightened being with the knowledge of past,present and future .Who can see it at the same time,be so helpless.Just because he lacked one basic quality.The ability to act and take decision.Especially at the moment of truth.This strictly my perspective ofcourse and i could be wrong.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-07-2021 at 09:37 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    I'm so stoked. Also the main news page on cbr has an article about Louis and Bruce having a child together in the justice league sequels. What is everyone's thoughts on this? What are your thoughts on sequels?
    I think that most people think that it is a bad idea. But there are two groups I think, one thinks that this is a final proof that Snyder is a hack and hates Superman, while me and some other people think that it doesn't really matter since it is an old idea that was discarded and plenty of bad ideas get discarded all the time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Then you haven't actually read this thread very thoroughly because we've managed to criticize the flaws and choices of Snyder's films pretty regularly thus far. Again, it's all laid out in that first post that you clearly haven't read yet.
    And yet all you've told so far is if I have any criticisms of Snyder that I shouldn't be allowed to express them here

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    And yet all you've told so far is if I have any criticisms of Snyder that I shouldn't be allowed to express them here
    You haven't criticised anything dude.You are just going "Snyder fan are this and that". That's not criticising the movies.what do you want anyway?if Your problem is someone said that MCU is forgettable and Snyder movies aren't or snyder movies are hidden masterpiece or whatever.Then he/she/other's wrong for doing so.just like you are wrong for generalising an entire group .
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-08-2021 at 02:15 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I'm so stoked. Also the main news page on cbr has an article about Louis and Bruce having a child together in the justice league sequels. What is everyone's thoughts on this? What are your thoughts on sequels? I personally think we will get sequels. I don't think this is over by a long shot.
    We'll never know exactly how it would have played out, but the whole Clark/Lois/Bruce stuff feels like Snyder playing more with his whole Excalibur obsession, but, like with Superman's status as this beloved hero in BvS, he likely wouldn't have laid the groundwork necessary for that to work given that Clark would have been dead for most of his Justice League Part 1. The whole Lancelot/Arthur angle doesn't really resonate unless they're shown to be the best of friends first. So, I completely understand why Johns nixed this plotline when he took over.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    If that's what you honestly think, then nothing I say could change your mind, so you go right ahead and keep thinking that.

Bye!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

30s spot with new footages:

Astonishing Member

the Flash teaser and Darkseid TV spot is freaking EPIC.Mind blown

All-New Member

What is everyone's thoughts on this? What are your thoughts on sequels? I personally think we will get sequels. I don't think this is over by a long shot.
    Honestly, that looks pretty cool and the Darkseid voice is great. They really are going all in on Darkseid for the promotions, just hope they're not hyping him up too much given we know he's only got a limited roll in this.

Thoughts on sequels though - I hope we don't get them. I know the Bruce/Lois thing has been cut but even ignoring that the planned arc for Superman (which we know is still in there) was terrible and Darkseid was little more than a plot device who turned up at the end of JL2 (or I guess at the start now since Snyder said JL2 is would be mostly Knightmare) to kill Lois and turn Superman evil, then to be the CGI showdown as soon as they undid everything and saved Lois. Based on those plans Superman's whole arc in BvS-JL3 was to essentially get back where he was at the end of MoS only now with a child (his own or Bruce's). Now it looks like he's Clark again at the end of JL (the shirt rip was in the character teaser) which is much better but if JL2 is now mostly Knightmare then we're just going to lose him again to evil Superman straight away. And he never breaks out of it or overcomes it, they just reverse time. It's horrible for his character. Some of the Wonder Woman and Aquaman stuff did sound good (reuniting with Themyscira/uniting the 7 kingdoms) and I'd definitely be open to seeing some of those ideas come into their solos.

Honestly, these films have divided fans long enough, it's time to move forward. I'm happy his fan base are getting this for closure but don't feel we should be going any further down that rabbit hole.
    Last edited by ChrisLyne; 03-08-2021 at 08:04 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Wonder Woman teaser:

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLyne View Post
    Honestly, that looks pretty cool and the Darkseid voice is great. They really are going all in on Darkseid for the promotions, just hope they're not hyping him up too much given we know he's only got a limited roll in this.

Thoughts on sequels though - I hope we don't get them. I know the Bruce/Lois thing has been cut but even ignoring that the planned arc for Superman (which we know is still in there) was terrible and Darkseid was little more than a plot device who turned up at the end of JL2 (or I guess that start now since Snyder said JL2 is would be mostly Knightmare) to kill Lois and turn Superman evil, then to be the CGI showdown as soon as they undid everything and saved Lois. Based on those plans Superman's whole arc in BvS-JL3 was to essentially get back where he was at the end of MoS only now with a child (his own or Bruce's). Now it looks like he's Clark again at the end of JL (the shirt rip was in the character teaser) which is much better but if JL2 is now mostly Knightmare then we're just going to lose him again to evil Superman straight away. And he never breaks out of it or overcomes it, they just reverse time. It's horrible for his character. Some of the Wonder Woman and Aquaman stuff did sound good (reuniting with Themyscira/uniting the 7 kingdoms) and I'd definitely be open to seeing some of those ideas come into their solos.

Honestly, these films have divided fans long enough, it's time to move forward. I'm happy his fan base are getting this for closure but don't feel we should be going any further down that rabbit hole.
    If Clark is Clark again at the end of JL then I don't really understand what would be the point of making JL2 about Knightmare since we already would know how it ends.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLyne View Post

Thoughts on sequels though - I hope we don't get them. I know the Bruce/Lois thing has been cut but even ignoring that the planned arc for Superman (which we know is still in there) was terrible and Darkseid was little more than a plot device who turned up at the end of JL2 (or I guess at the start now since Snyder said JL2 is would be mostly Knightmare) to kill Lois and turn Superman evil, then to be the CGI showdown as soon as they undid everything and saved Lois. Based on those plans Superman's whole arc in BvS-JL3 was to essentially get back where he was at the end of MoS only now with a child (his own or Bruce's). Now it looks like he's Clark again at the end of JL (the shirt rip was in the character teaser) which is much better but if JL2 is now mostly Knightmare then we're just going to lose him again to evil Superman straight away. And he never breaks out of it or overcomes it, they just reverse time. It's horrible for his character. Some of the Wonder Woman and Aquaman stuff did sound good (reuniting with Themyscira/uniting the 7 kingdoms) and I'd definitely be open to seeing some of those ideas come into their solos.

I actually wouldn't mind if JL2 was in Knightmare future, as that would help either take it into space(unless all knightmare is on earth but in the future) ,maybe dive right into Green lantern corps or Martian Manhunter joining the team proper to fight the threat on Apokolips.It all depends on the story, I'm almost certain if it involved Flash travelling in time it would show part of the film in the future and part of it in the past or alternate realities caused by the rift or butterfly effect.It would be a little like Avengers Annihilation.I'm sure it would be great .After all JL- Apokolips War (the animation) was pretty awesome to me.
    Last edited by Rev9; 03-08-2021 at 08:16 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I actually wouldn't mind if JL2 was in Knightmare future, as that would help either take it into space(unless all knightmare is on earth but in the future) ,maybe dive right into Green lantern corps or Martian Manhunter joining the team proper to fight the threat on Apokolips.It all depends on the story, I'm almost certain if it involved Flash travelling in time it would show part of the film in the future and part of it in the past or alternate realities caused by the rift or butterfly effect.It would be a little like Avengers Annihilation.I'm sure it would be great .After all JL- Apokolips War (the animation) was pretty awesome to me.
    Knightmare future, from what Snyder has said over the years and what was on the early pitch boards, is all on the post apocalyptic Earth we saw in BvS.

Original pitch was it would come at the end of JL2. Darkseid kills Lois, Superman succumbs to anti-life and then jump 5 years later to Knightmare. JL3 (or 2A as they pitched it) opened with GL crashing (Hal in the artwork but not named in the pitch) on Earth. He's saved by Batman, Flash, and Deadshot. GL is looking for his partner, another Earth GL who's presumed dead like most GLs as Darkseid is conquering the universe. Cyborg has built (or helped build) the cosmic treadmill, they plan to send Flash back in time with a message, Batman tells him to change the message.

Knightmare JL steal a motherbox to power the treadmill, evil Superman chases them, basically kills everyone as they get the motherbox to Flash and he just makes it away in time to give Batman a different message so they prevent the death of Lois and Superman going evil.

Based on Snyder's comments we know the the plan has been changed so Knightmare is now the main part of JL2 rather than the cliffhanger of JL2 and first half of JL3 (second half was the big battle with Darkseid and the epilogue). So it sounds like a lot of the set up stuff from the JL2 pitch is either being omitted or maybe just the barebones given in flashbacks or exposition. Deadshot has been replaced by Deathstroke and maybe Joker, and flashbacks to Robin's death are something he's spoken about (with the potential for the Knightmare story and Robin's death or just Robin's death to be told in comics as well) so that might be in there. But it sounds like the broad strokes are still the same.

No mention of ever going to Apokolips or what Martian Manhunter's role would be. Even Darkseid never shows up in the Knightmare future in the pitch, just evil Superman.

Evil Superman adds nothing to Clark's arc because it's just reversed. He submits when Lois dies and is just Darkseid's puppet/evil from then on. There's no conflict suggested in the pitch or by Snyder to the best of my knowledge. None of the usual, Superman breaks the control when pushed to kill displaying that his will is stronger. He's used as the main villain, kills the League, then it's all undone. No character growth at all.
    Last edited by ChrisLyne; 03-08-2021 at 09:31 AM.

I think if we do get a sequel, it will be in comic-book form, WB isn't going to throw $500 million into these two movies.

I think Lois and Bruce having a kid is dumb...in the universe itself it doesn't make much scene, maybe it will in the Snyder Cut.

Wonder Woman's death is bleh, why would gas kill her? They just made the point of showing the audience she's strong enough to kill Superman but toxic gas kills her? And how would a Flash that can move that fast struggle against Captain Cold? It sounds like the power level of the characters is all over the place.

I like the Legion of Doom. I'd rather see a villain team over Darksied. Not that I don't like Darkseid but a villain team hasn't been done in any blockbuster superhero films yet.

There's some stuff I want to see in these story boards, but in buried under a lot of stuff I am not interested in.