Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I'm looking forward to the film, my only concern is that the #SnyderCut movement might be more interesting than the final project itself (even if its good).

The funny thing with Zack Snyder is that people think he takes things to seriously, so when he puts out a comedic image of Joker as Jesus Christ as a joke they think he's being serious. He strikes me as a guy who is on Twitter a lot.
    Snyder's an interesting figure online because he's largely sequestered himself to his Vero account where he only interacts with his adoring fans while virtually everything he posts is picked up by the seemingly endless number of clickbait geek sites as "news" in increasingly desperate attempts to generate faux controversy.

I must admit that I initially had a pretty dim view of Snyder after Man of Steel and the subsequent divisive reaction it garnered. I would read all the various out of context quotes from him like how he wanted to make movies about Batman getting raped in prison and took them as serious statements by the guy. It wasn't until I started re-watching Snyder's Superman stuff with my students in tandem with Donner's brighter, more comedic take that I began to soften on what he was trying to accomplish. While I think Snyder made the mistake of taking for granted audiences perception of Superman as epitomized by Donner before trying to deconstruct it, I came around to respecting his work far more than I originally had, even if I disagreed with a lot of the choices he made.

The perception of Snyder as a very self-serious filmmaker is a little understandable given the tone of his movies do seem overtly pretentious, but there's also an element of humor that's there that gets missed. It wasn't until I actually watched and listened to the guy's commentaries of MoS and BvS that I understood that while this guy absolutely views his films as meticulously crafted pieces of art, he's also fully aware of how ridiculous he's being, like with the "Space Dildos" that the Phantom Zone criminals are encased in.

I understand why people who hate Snyder don't really want to give him the benefit of the doubt. Why would they? It's much easier to pigeonhole him as some intellectually stunted man-child blissfully unaware of how ridiculous his films are. Nuance is hard.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Another interesting bit of info dropped in that article was how HBO Max originally just wanted to release Snyder's Cut as is, without any of the additional post-production work or reshoots, but he stuck to his guns and refused to let it be released unless they coughed up the money to let him make it a finished film rather than something he could show his cast & crew already familiar with how these movies look like with unfinished VFX. I'm sure HBO wasn't happy about spending that extra money, but I'm glad they did. Whatever people may think of Snyder's films, they are undeniably visually stunning works. I wouldn't want to see what Snyder had in mind with a bunch of pre-viz that was never meant for public consumption.
    Yup. Releasing the footage as it was would have been doing a serious disservice to all and Snyder was onto it. I really do hope this thing makes an absolute killing.
    1. Lord knows DC needs as many hit movies as it can get!
    2. It might give more studios pause and let a person make the film they were hired to.
    3. I really need to see how Snyder handles the Flash. The only part of the released version that I enjoyed was the post credits scene!

The only downside to all this is I don't have the streaming platform at home that this is being released on in Australia! (Foxtel)
    Here's to a DVD release soon after.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member

I may be in the tiniest minority ,but I feel intrigued by Zack's idea of Bruce and Lois getting together after Kal died.It would be a very dramatic story of how the relationships between the three would play out once Clark came back.There's a lot of different ways this could go if explored

I remember they did a Bruce/Lois romance in the DCAU during their World's Finest cross over. Though this looks it will have a different dynamic than that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I remember they did a Bruce/Lois romance in the DCAU during their World's Finest cross over. Though this looks it will have a different dynamic than that.
    I think the studio or Zack himself scrapped the idea,so it won't be actualised ,but would be interesting if it could.I think this was Zack's original idea, he says they thought of making a bizzaro( not literal just evil version)out of Superman after Darkseid kills Lois that leads into the knightmare scene but if you go to BvS Kal before killing Batman says "She was my world and you took her from me" so I think the true original idea was Superman turns evil coz Batman and Lois fell in love ,maybe even had a child.It makes sense looking back plus I also remember word getting out that Batman in the 5 part arc was meant to die ,in a sacrificial act to stop Darkseid and so Lois and Clark are back together but have either a son they name Bruce Kent or raise Batman's son with Lois( my own permutation don't know which of the details would be true)

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I may be in the tiniest minority ,but I feel intrigued by Zack's idea of Bruce and Lois getting together after Kal died.It would be a very dramatic story of how the relationships between the three would play out once Clark came back.There's a lot of different ways this could go if explored
    I could live with it being hinted towards, with Bruce being the primary one catching feelings. In fact, by way of gaining respect and admiration for Lois, I could see him having that much more reverence for Clark when he returns. And seeing them together, having that bittersweet combination of empathic happiness and loneliness.

But, probably safer to scrap the idea altogether, lol.

I liked Man of Steel, BvS was a cool idea but a mixed bag and Justice League felt underwhelming because I wasn't interested in Steppenwolf and the Parademons. I wished the used the Injustice League or Earth 3. Someone pitched a JL vs Suicide Squad film and that could've been interesting.

Oh well.

I'm moderately interested in the Snyder Cut but I feel like it's a lost cause. Everybody already made up their minds about Snyder's take. So it's for posterity more than anything.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-24-2021 at 10:09 AM.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I hope we get extended scenes from Darkseid's invasion and the ancient civilization stuff.

Im kind of excited for the movie. I didn't even think the Snyder cut was real. Though I must admit that I had the wrong impression of Snyder. Judging from social media hot takes and youtube video essays were a bad idea. I thought Snyder was a hyper-macho "bro-y" type. Turns out he isn't, I was wrong.

Man of steel and batman v superman are masterpieces so I really hope this sticks the landing to complete the trilogy. Fingers crossed we get the whole five film arc...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    Man of steel and batman v superman are masterpieces so I really hope this sticks the landing to complete the trilogy. Fingers crossed we get the whole five film arc...
    Truth , hope we can still get the Snyderverse telling its own arc, especially if Flash after saving the day splits the timeline into an alternate flashpoint paradox type reality where Snyder's league exists in its own continuity.Depends what tentative agreement Zack had with HBO

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I think the studio or Zack himself scrapped the idea,so it won't be actualised ,but would be interesting if it could.I think this was Zack's original idea, he says they thought of making a bizzaro( not literal just evil version)out of Superman after Darkseid kills Lois that leads into the knightmare scene but if you go to BvS Kal before killing Batman says "She was my world and you took her from me" so I think the true original idea was Superman turns evil coz Batman and Lois fell in love ,maybe even had a child.It makes sense looking back plus I also remember word getting out that Batman in the 5 part arc was meant to die ,in a sacrificial act to stop Darkseid and so Lois and Clark are back together but have either a son they name Bruce Kent or raise Batman's son with Lois( my own permutation don't know which of the details would be true)
    Yeah. It's pretty clear that they had multiple possible routes they wanted to take but never got to actualize them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I could live with it being hinted towards, with Bruce being the primary one catching feelings. In fact, by way of gaining respect and admiration for Lois, I could see him having that much more reverence for Clark when he returns. And seeing them together, having that bittersweet combination of empathic happiness and loneliness.

But, probably safer to scrap the idea altogether, lol.
    I can see Bruce and Lois being attracted, if Bruce was more like B:TAS counterpart. I can see sparks initially but it not working out. I don't think Lois would want somebody who might one day become the thing he fights or be so consumed by it that he doesn't have time for her. As one of my friends pointed out, two driven people will just exhaust each other. That's why Clark is the best fit, he is more laid back, stable, moral and righteous.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I liked Man of Steel, BvS was a cool idea but a mixed bag and Justice League felt underwhelming because I wasn't interested in Steppenwolf and the Parademons. I wished the used the Injustice League or Earth 3. Someone pitched a JL vs Suicide Squad film and that could've been interesting.

Oh well.

I'm moderately interested in the Snyder Cut but I feel like it's a lost cause. Everybody already made up their minds about Snyder's take. So it's for posterity more than anything.
    Pretty much where I am too, although I am a bit more excited than I was a month ago. But as for BvS I still think it would have been better without the DoJ bit, have Batman Superman team up to beat some Lex Bots or something and have Supes die in JL Part 1 and lead into Part 2 that way, the DoJ bit felt like a whole movie was missing inbetween.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Pretty much where I am too, although I am a bit more excited than I was a month ago. But as for BvS I still think it would have been better without the DoJ bit, have Batman Superman team up to beat some Lex Bots or something and have Supes die in JL Part 1 and lead into Part 2 that way, the DoJ bit felt like a whole movie was missing inbetween.
    I'd probably be more interested in Steppenwolf if he had more interesting foot soldiers. Like bring in Kabilak, Desaad, Kanto, Granny Goodness etc.

You might enjoy this-

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar