Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    You'd be surprised, but there are people who don't even know who is the current president. Some people just don't care about stuff that others find very important.
    Yeah, this Arthur Curry doesn't strike me as a guy who spends a lot of time reading the news or caring what happens in Gotham City, which he has a pretty low opinion of.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Is there a roughly general consensus to this cut? Haven't seen it, waiting until GvK comes out to get hbomax. Just curious.
    I think most seem to agree that the first hour is too slow, but then it picks up steam and ends strong. It's on par with MoS, and the Director's Cut of BvS in terms of quality. If you hated those films, you're probably not going to like this one, but I have seen a few people who liked this despite hating Snyder's previous films.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlmightyBleuto View Post
    Does anyone have a logical explanation to why Aquaman doesn't know about Batman at all in the beginning of Justice League? I understand why the remote villagers wouldn't but Arthur lives in Maine. Batman is definitely known outside of Gotham but Arthur genuinely seems to have never heard of him.
    "Logic you say, what is this logic?" -Zack Snyder

I liked this way more than the original JL movie.

I do miss the scenes with superman and flash, and cyborg reconfiguring his body from the original.

Jonn, GL, Ryan Choi oh my lol
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I think this film is pretty easy to judge on its own merits since the vast majority of it is so new.

I wrote this spoiler-free review on a non-comic book forum:

Justice League - The Snyder Cut - 8/10

I went into this film wanting to judge it on its own merits, and not just comparing it to the underwhelming theatrical release that disappointed so many fans. Thankfully that was fairly easy to do, since a good 90% of this film is footage never seen before. The long run time allowed this film to properly introduce all of its new characters, which lets the viewer become invested in their journey. The same is accomplished with the main threat in the first half, which the film does by establishing a mythological tone and feel. The first scenes are almost Lord of the Rings-like in scope, though science-fiction dominates most of the rest of the film. Despite being 4 hours, the character moments are paced well against the (sometimes smaller, sometimes bigger) action sequences. As the plot reaches the climax, we're treated to some really special visuals and concepts that are executed in a way we haven't yet seen in a comic book film.

I did think some of the fan-service moments were a little out-of-place, and Snyder insists on foreshadowing an apocalyptic alternate reality that leans into his worse impulses. I'd say this is probably due to the fact it was his one shot to play with the story elements he wanted before returning to exile from DC properties. I expect many will find some of the lingering camerawork somewhat pretentious as well. But all in all, I'd say this is one of the strongest comic book blockbusters to date, and it has all of the ingredients to make it a worthy watch for both hardcore and casual fans.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think most seem to agree that the first hour is too slow, but then it picks up steam and ends strong. It's on par with MoS, and the Director's Cut of BvS in terms of quality. If you hated those films, you're probably not going to like this one, but I have seen a few people who liked this despite hating Snyder's previous films.
    I think this film is a lot more rewarding to the average viewer. It's simply too busy establishing its characters and moving the plot along to linger on controversial statements and depressing introspection. There's no time for deconstruction here, and thematically the movie is really about reconstruction in a way.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I finished it and I can give it an easy 7/10. It wasnt as big of a cluster as I thought it'd be but also would've been a stronger film had it cut out a bunch of unnecessary scenes.

It certainly isnt boring me as much as BvS did so thats already a plus. I can definitely see where they could be plenty of cuts. A LOT OF slow motion and a lot of music.

Our reintroduction to Diana was fun but there was no reason for her to blow up the guy and cause all that damage when she is fast enough to just kick him out a window or knock him out.

Barry was very annoying in his introduction scene and him taking the time to admire Iris's beauty as she is being flub from a car wasnt cute. We couldve started him off in the beginnings of his career, not having to apply for dog jobs. Taking the Iris bit out of my mind, the hotdog scene would be a lot funnier.

Victors origin story is decent, probably could've (shouldve) been an entire movie within itself. Not really sure how his mom can be called in for Vic changing someones grades and then it being acceptable because the school isnt doing anything to help with the person getting bad grades.

Superman is so powerful in this film that he's just even more boring than he already was and the trinity's relationship with one another just feels fake. Moreso Bruce/Clark, Diana/Clark.

Snyder is someone who I think has great ideas but poor execution. His visuals for the characters are A+, the mythology he wants to create is great but he needs someone who can fine tune it and imbue life into it. If only I had the power of The Flash to turn back time and somehow help steer this ship on a course where it was successful and turn into a full blown universe that DC deserves.

The Snyder-trilogy wasn't fleshed out enough, Superman surely wasnt, everyones relationship with Clark/Superman/Kal-El just falls flat to me.

I do appreciate that the Amazons were slightly more competent in this version as it always annoyed me with how useless they were as guardians of a mother box. Even Mera in her added scenes was great and given the proper backup could've held off Steppenwolf a bit longer.

Every character was served better in this movie than the whedon version. Superman was the only character I didn't feel was served as well
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Every character was served better in this movie than the whedon version. Superman was the only character I didn't feel was served as well
    It's a 4hr film, Id hope they were served better lol. But yeah, Whedon gave Superman an actual personality and some life to the character.

ugh Whedon Superman with that weird CGI mustache and cheesy lines. I wish Snyder put him in his normal costume or gave a reaosn for the hcnage but otherwise I felt like this Superman was more fitting. Gave some nice closure to his arc.

Now I don't really see the point of the nightmare scene in the context of these films. And I would have tied in Harry Lennix a little more if Snyder was going to have that reveal.
    The J-man

The actress from the emotional Cyborg scene is blowing up on Twitter

https://twitter.com/meepimaud/status...95713599381515

The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    ugh Whedon Superman with that weird CGI mustache and cheesy lines. I wish Snyder put him in his normal costume or gave a reaosn for the hcnage but otherwise I felt like this Superman was more fitting. Gave some nice closure to his arc.

Now I don't really see the point of the nightmare scene in the context of these films. And I would have tied in Harry Lennix a little more if Snyder was going to have that reveal.
    You act like the CGI mustache was by choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    You act like the CGI mustache was by choice.
    it was a choice and it was a terrible one
    The J-man

Watched the first 80 minutes of the film, the pacing and length got to me and I had to stop. But this is definitely the best movie Snyder has made, possibly his only good movie.

The Amazon fight where they were climbing on Steppenwolf was just crazy, why in the world did Whedon remove that?? And Diana investigating Darkseid in that temple was so good and full of tension, so good.

And Darkseid getting his butt kicked by Ares was hilarious and great, probably my favorite scene so far. And I'm shocked at how natural the dialogue is, there isn't any cringe dialogue like BvS or MOS.

The only thing I didn't like so far is the Flash saving Iris scene. The music choice, the slow-mo....the creepiness of Flash....ugh.
    Last edited by LifeIsILL; 03-18-2021 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    it was a choice and it was a terrible one
    It's not a choice when you arent allowed to have a bearded Superman and your actor isnt allowed to shave.