Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    But in that opening clip Superman literally did nothing, that whole opening scene in the theatrical just came off awkward.

Besides JL was supposed focus more on how the league missed Superman than the rest of the world, because well those are the characters we are spending most of the run time with not random civilians.
    It had Superman take time out of his day to talk to kids in order to establish him as a more approachable and personable hero in a way that all of the Christ imagery in BVS did not. I'm not saying it was successful or necessary but it's purpose was clear and concise.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So I watched this movie over the weekend and I actually thought it was pretty good. Easily the best of the three films that Snyder helmed. For what it's worth, and this is just my theory, I don't think this is exactly the "same" movie we likely would've gotten back in 2017. Jut from the look of it, Snyder had four years to reflect on his old films and reactions to give his true final draft.

With that said, 4 hours was still too long. I think ending the movie on a bunch of sequel hooks for films that in all likelihood aren't going to happen was a bad idea. The ending montage was a perfectly satisfying ending. We didn't need all that unnecessary epilogue content.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I didn't like the Christ imagery at all in SCJL. I didn't like it in any of Snyder's movies. I don't really understand what he's trying to accomplish outside of "I've read Kingdom Come."

Is he just trying to make his movies feel deep or something?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I didn't like the Christ imagery at all in SCJL. I didn't like it in any of Snyder's movies. I don't really understand what he's trying to accomplish outside of "I've read Kingdom Come."

Is he just trying to make his movies feel deep or something?
    I don't get it either. What does Superman have to do with Jesus? Clark isn't a religious figure, he's an alien!

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I don't get it either. What does Superman have to do with Jesus? Clark isn't a religious figure, he's an alien!
    He's got his little Moses baby-basket space ship sending him down the Nile of outer space, that's about it and it's not even Jesus.

I really just think Snyder wanted to make his movie seem deeper somehow. But when you're that obvious about it, it becomes a distraction.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    So i'm a lil confused does this movie take place before Wonder Woman1984 cause certain parts she's leaping then their's a part at the end when they're in formation she seems to be Flying w sword leading the charge then we see alot of landing but no actual Flying.and why in the comics can she hold her on against Superman but in this film she couldn't.DC please get yal act together and make it make sense.
    Both WW movies take place before MoS which is set in an alternate present day. It takes place before Aquaman tho.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    So i'm a lil confused does this movie take place before Wonder Woman1984 cause certain parts she's leaping then their's a part at the end when they're in formation she seems to be Flying w sword leading the charge then we see alot of landing but no actual Flying.and why in the comics can she hold her on against Superman but in this film she couldn't.DC please get yal act together and make it make sense.
    There was an article on the main page in which Snyder says that Wonder Woman could fly in his film, she just didn't.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    So I watched this movie over the weekend and I actually thought it was pretty good. Easily the best of the three films that Snyder helmed. For what it's worth, and this is just my theory, I don't think this is exactly the "same" movie we likely would've gotten back in 2017. Jut from the look of it, Snyder had four years to reflect on his old films and reactions to give his true final draft.

With that said, 4 hours was still too long. I think ending the movie on a bunch of sequel hooks for films that in all likelihood aren't going to happen was a bad idea. The ending montage was a perfectly satisfying ending. We didn't need all that unnecessary epilogue content.
    It could've easily been 3 hours if they cut some of the nonsense like Steppenwolf crying about not being home, Cyborg stalking the broke woman, the Aquaman musicals, the future crap, Lex in Arkham, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    There was an article on the main page in which Snyder says that Wonder Woman could fly in his film, she just didn't.
    He must've been tripping since she does nothing aerodynamic compared to Superman, Cyborg and [spoiler]
    "Cable was right!"

She sort of flew in the group shot of them all going over the Batmobile.

It's kinda lame though that that's the only possible instance. And you could still argue she's jumping.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I don't know if there was any conversations between Jenkins and Snyder about Diana's ability to fly when they were initially filming Justice League. If that was always the plan, I think Snyder left it vague enough that you can either view her slow motion aerial moments as either her gliding or leaping, just as Jenkins herself did at the end of the first Wonder Woman.

Extraordinary Member

Well, to be fair, I can fly too, I just choose not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I don't know if there was any conversations between Jenkins and Snyder about Diana's ability to fly when they were initially filming Justice League. If that was always the plan, I think Snyder left it vague enough that you can either view her slow motion aerial moments as either her gliding or leaping, just as Jenkins herself did at the end of the first Wonder Woman.
    Yeah, it feel like deliberate ambiguity so that if someone else really wants her flying, or not able to fly, it wouldn't contradict what came before or after it.

Incredible Member

I must say ..... i'm genuinely surprised at how much better the Zack Snyder Justice League movie is due to Ray Fishers Cyborg portrayal.

The first version of the film was forgettable (literally forgotten) and i didn't expect much from this version. Good God was i wrong. Ray Fisher made this movie watchable and enjoyable.

WB or whomever really needs to reevaluate their relationship with Fisher. The guy is talented and has the "look".
    Don't complain. Create.

I enjoyed this especially WWs part in the first 30 minutes.

Also Cyborg felt like an actual main character in this rather than a depressed iPhone.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    I must say ..... i'm genuinely surprised at how much better the Zack Snyder Justice League movie is due to Ray Fishers Cyborg portrayal.

The first version of the film was forgettable (literally forgotten) and i didn't expect much from this version. Good God was i wrong. Ray Fisher made this movie watchable and enjoyable.

WB or whomever really needs to reevaluate their relationship with Fisher. The guy is talented and has the "look".
    Well, being racist doesn't help WB

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I enjoyed this especially WWs part in the first 30 minutes.

Also Cyborg felt like an actual main character in this rather than a depressed iPhone.
    haha, never thought of him like that