Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Where is The Punisher?

Hey guy and gals, I am just getting back into comics after like a 2-3 time off. I searched for a Punisher Appreciation thread but could not find one.

Just wondering if anyone could tell me where the Punisher is right now in Marvel Comics? Part of any team? On a mission? Anything I should be reading with him in it?

I have a huge Punisher collection as I love the character that much. Still don't have his first appearance but I will some day.

Any info or help would be great. Thanks.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

As far as I'm aware of he isn't in anything right now. Apparently Marvel isn't sure what to do with a character who became the poster boy of the proud boys and racist cops. I read that Aaron will start a new Punisher book soon but that are only rumors.

He appears in Kurt Busiek's The Marvels though but that is a dive into Marvel history and thus not covering Frank in the current MU.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I’ll do you one better.

Why is The Punisher?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    As far as I'm aware of he isn't in anything right now. Apparently Marvel isn't sure what to do with a character who became the poster boy of the proud boys and racist cops. I read that Aaron will start a new Punisher book soon but that are only rumors.

He appears in Kurt Busiek's The Marvels though but that is a dive into Marvel history and thus not covering Frank in the current MU.
    I saw that rumor also. Aaron and Jesus Saiz! What a waste on the artist. It will be beautiful, but the Punisher needs a grittier artist, IMO. Maybe they are doing another character?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

He was in the first arc of Gerry Duggan’s Savage Avengers. There was a really good issue where Frank and Conan traverse the Savage Land together.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I saw that rumor also. Aaron and Jesus Saiz! What a waste on the artist. It will be beautiful, but the Punisher needs a grittier artist, IMO. Maybe they are doing another character?
    The rumour is that the story is called Punisher No More. Are they getting rid of him, giving him a grand finale?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The rumour is that the story is called Punisher No More. Are they getting rid of him, giving him a grand finale?
    One can only hope. I'm waaaaay past the suspension of disbelief of the odds of a character surviving what he does and not being killed and staying dead. Not to mention, that I never liked what he stood for.

OMG! That's sad to hear.

Hopefully, he'll be given another chance...

Incredible Member

They will kill him in ignominious fashion, most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    They will kill him in ignominious fashion, most likely.
    Damn, I hope not. I really love The Punisher. Would love to see a new series with him in it.

Thanks guys for all the info today.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    One can only hope. I'm waaaaay past the suspension of disbelief of the odds of a character surviving what he does and not being killed and staying dead. Not to mention, that I never liked what he stood for.
    I love what he stands for. With that said, he does not stand for what most morons in this country use his logo or symbol for. Most of those people don't even know that the Punishers real name is Frank Castle.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Both of his appearances in THE MARVELS so far have taken place in the present day.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Invincible Member

If so, there's no way he stays dead. Punisher is one of Marvel's solid B-Listers who's popularity goes up and down every so often. Also see Ghost Rider, She-Hulk, Moon Knight, etc...

Astonishing Member

Marvel should create a bigoted right wing fascist group called the proud fellas that attack the US Capitol and have Frank kill some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Marvel should create a bigoted right wing fascist group called the proud fellas that attack the US Capitol and have Frank kill some of them.
    or Frank goes on the hunt after the attack and kills them all