Page 69 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1959656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1123

Thread: MLB 2021 Season

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I know purists love to puff out their chests and crow about how baseball is perfect because it doesn't have a clock like the other sports, but Jesus, a four hour game is TOO much, even for the World Series! I had to bail after ten because I have to go to work this morning, never mind kids who can't stay up that late because of school, that's NO way to cultivate younger fans for the sport. I know this will NEVER happen, but there should be earlier start times for the Fall Classic, at least for weekend games, short and sweet, this is ridiculous!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

I predict someone named "Snitker" will get a WS ring in a few days...

Congrats to the Braves for winning Game 1. Morton is going to hurt them in game 5 or 6. Well, hopefully whoever they sub for him will step up and the Cheatros pitcher, whoever it is, sucks that day.

I can't believe no one has done that Soler thing before, but there it is.

Extraordinary Member

Sorry, Colin Farrell isn't a great substitute for Bill Murray, (he delivered the pregame hype bit tonight, while Murray did it for Game One).

Extraordinary Member

Altuve scores in the first 1-0 Cheatros. 2nd, Travis...er, however you spell his last name hits one to left, 1-1.

Extraordinary Member

Fried is getting shelled; it's probably over in the 2nd, 5-1 as I write this. I don't see the Braves coming back from this, at least not this game. Braves hitting also has gone bye-bye.
    Last edited by achilles; 10-27-2021 at 06:03 PM.

Yeah not looking good for the Braves tonight.

Extraordinary Member

Hopefully the Braves use the travel day to get their act together, and hopefully they can not suck quite so much next game. But that pitching thing is going to hurt them. Morton's loss...they have some options, but none seem real good. I don't think pitching Fried on short rest after this outing will work, their pen didn't impress tonight, and their possible call-ups all seem a bit...worrisome. I don't know what I'd do in their place.

Extraordinary Member

Two outs before the Braves can start putting this game behind them. Agonizing game for Braves fans. Oh well.

The Fall Classic is all tied. Now, off to Atlanta for the next three games.

Extraordinary Member

In non World Series news, the Cleveland Whatevers are being sued by the Cleveland Guardians over the name, the roller derby team wants more money! There's a shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    In non World Series news, the Cleveland Whatevers are being sued by the Cleveland Guardians over the name, the roller derby team wants more money! There's a shocker.
    You knew that was coming as soon as the news broke that the baseball team failed even the most basic Google search requirement for their new name.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Ultimate Member

I now fear much for the Washington Football Team...they should have just kept the name Redskins until they came up with a new name imho...

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Roller derby? Jesus! I thought that sport died with Disco!

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I now fear much for the Washington Football Team...they should have just kept the name Redskins until they came up with a new name imho...
    It’s not a matter or replacing the name. I suspect WFT is here to stay because Daniel Synder is giving the NFL the middle finger by refusing to choose a new name after he was forced to dump the Redskins moniker.

Ultimate Member

Saw a report that PETA wanted MLB to stop using the term bullpen...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Saw a report that PETA wanted MLB to stop using the term bullpen...
    Yeah, I heard about that. Hilarious!