Page 64 of 75 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2021 Season

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Well the sox game went better than I expected. Go Sox!!!!
    First time ever in MLB postseason a team hit two grand slams in the same game. And it still wound up closer than it should have been as another Sox reliever (Darwinzon Hernandez) who hadn't pitched in a month didn't have command and gave up two solo shots in the bottom of the ninth, giving the Astros a little momentum back going into game 3. It should have been a low leverage situation for Hernandez, but he turned it into a much higher tension ending than it should have been. Hopefully this knocks the rust off of him and he has command in his next outing.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I said it during the Rays series, and it was the same in game one and tonight: when the pitchers can't seem to throw strikes to save their lives the Red Sox are going to make them pay eventually. Bad luck gave the Sox losses in both game ones but that can't last, if the Astros pitchers do the same as the Rays did and continue to let batter after batter on base then the Sox are likely to keep winning.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Austin Riley walks it off in the bottom of the 9th with an rbi hit, fantastic start to the series

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The Dodgers went with a bullpen game last night, but will send Scherzer to the hill tonight.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The Dodgers went with a bullpen game last night, but will send Scherzer to the hill tonight.
    The Braves' only hope if for Scherzer to have one of those terribly off games. If he's at all on, the Braves are toast tonight.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    95 wins in the AL East isn't "only" that's a damn good season and I'll eat my Sox hat if the Braves beat the Dodgers or Giants. Regular season records should be the only thing that does matter, if not then why bother? The divisions should only be used for keeping teams from traveling unnecessarily far too often, after that it should just be who has the best record period.
    I'm going to start marinating my hat so that should the need arise that I do indeed have to eat it atleast it will taste good and be nice and tenderized.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Hoping the Braves pull another one out tonight.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Extraordinary Member

I'm going to start marinating my hat so that should the need arise that I do indeed have to eat it atleast it will taste good and be nice and tenderized.
    I've always found a nice lemon pepper marinade works well with hats...

Astonishing Member

You can't really try and extrapolate regular season records in baseball, or almost any sport to automatic victory in the playoffs. They are different animals and matchups matter. Not to mention a pitcher can become unhittable and be run out for three games in a seven game series. Or some hitters become super hot. There is a reason why these games are played.

BRAVES DO IT AGAIN! Rosario walks it off tonight!

Looks like the Dodgers are in a spot of bother after losing 5-4 to Atlanta last night to fall in an 0-2 hole. On top of that, manager Dave Roberts burned two starters (Max Scherzer and Julio Urias) and still came up short. Yikes! With Monday a travel day, I'm guessing Walker Buehler will start game three in L.A. on Tuesday in what could be a must win game.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 10-18-2021 at 06:36 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Well, the Dodgers have the Braves right where they want them! Now that the Braves have been lulled into a false sense of security, the Dodgers will pounce!

Last night, Boston, to paraphrase a line from a Richard Pryor routine, wore out three pairs of kneecaps kicking Houston in the ass 12-3. The Sox hit their third grand slam of the ALCS, and that's after hitting just three during the regular season. Whoa!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Last night, Boston, to paraphrase a line from a Richard Pryor routine, wore out three pairs of kneecaps kicking Houston in the ass 12-3. The Sox hit their third grand slam of the ALCS, and that's after hitting just three during the regular season. Whoa!
    I don't know what's going on but I sure am enjoying THIS version of the Red Sox.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I don't know what's going on but I sure am enjoying THIS version of the Red Sox.
    OMG I am loving this team right now even after I crapped all over them for most of the season. I was very wrong about these Red Sox and it even looks like our GM knew what he was doing at the deadline.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime