Page 59 of 75 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
Results 871 to 885 of 1123

Thread: MLB 2021 Season

  1. #871
    Fantastic Member cable guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Not so fast, my friend. Boston broke out the bats and just took an 8-5 lead.
    9-6 now. I'll be honest WPP I'm really pulling for Boston. So I'm enjoying it.

  2. #872
    Astonishing Member MRP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,828

    Default

    30 for 30!

    Red Sox rookie reliever Tanner Houk had his streak of 30 consecutive batters retired (spanning 4 outings) ended tonight by Wander Franco in the 5th inning. That's a perfect game plus three batters, just spread out over 4 appearances.

    Houck began his string Sept. 28 at Baltimore by retiring Pat Valaika on a pop fly for the last out of the eighth inning. He then retired all 15 Nationals he faced in the penultimate game of the regular season, a start on Oct. 2 at Washington, striking out eight. Then he appeared in relief during the AL Wild Card Game against the Yankees and worked a clean seventh inning.Tonight he entered in the 2nd and had a perfect 2nd, 3rd, and 4th inning, and had 2 outs in the 5th before Franco got a hit. 30 batters faced, 30 batters retired.

    -M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

  3. #873
    Fantastic Member cable guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    30 for 30!

    Red Sox rookie reliever Tanner Houk had his streak of 30 consecutive batters retired (spanning 4 outings) ended tonight by Wander Franco in the 5th inning. That's a perfect game plus three batters, just spread out over 4 appearances.

    Houck began his string Sept. 28 at Baltimore by retiring Pat Valaika on a pop fly for the last out of the eighth inning. He then retired all 15 Nationals he faced in the penultimate game of the regular season, a start on Oct. 2 at Washington, striking out eight. Then he appeared in relief during the AL Wild Card Game against the Yankees and worked a clean seventh inning.Tonight he entered in the 2nd and had a perfect 2nd, 3rd, and 4th inning, and had 2 outs in the 5th before Franco got a hit. 30 batters faced, 30 batters retired.

    -M
    Houck looked really good.

  4. #874
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    25,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    9-6 now. I'll be honest WPP I'm really pulling for Boston. So I'm enjoying it.
    Final score, Red Sox 14-6. I'm rooting for Tampa myself, sure, that city has already had more championship parades of late than perhaps any other city (Buccaneers, Lightning), but I want to see a team with next to nothing for a payroll win the World Series.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  5. #875
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    2,827

    Default

    Looks like the Dodgers missed Muncy.

  6. #876
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    2,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Final score, Red Sox 14-6. I'm rooting for Tampa myself, sure, that city has already had more championship parades of late than perhaps any other city (Buccaneers, Lightning), but I want to see a team with next to nothing for a payroll win the World Series.
    I wouldn't mind seeing them win it all myself. I like their players, and look forward to the day I can see them on the Angels. That said, the Angels DO specialize in getting star player, well past their prime, for huge multi-year deals, so they probably wouldn't be interested in any of the Rays' players. Well, maybe Cruz, once he stops hitting.

    That said, it is sort of fun that the playoffs have both the top payroll in MLB, (Dodgers), and maybe the lowest payroll?, the Rays.

  7. #877
    Astonishing Member MRP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing them win it all myself. I like their players, and look forward to the day I can see them on the Angels. That said, the Angels DO specialize in getting star player, well past their prime, for huge multi-year deals, so they probably wouldn't be interested in any of the Rays' players. Well, maybe Cruz, once he stops hitting.

    That said, it is sort of fun that the playoffs have both the top payroll in MLB, (Dodgers), and maybe the lowest payroll?, the Rays.
    Rays are the 5th lowest this season. Marlins, Pirates, Orioles and Indians had lower payrolls.

    -M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

  8. #878
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    25,792

    Default

    The Braves even their divisional series against Milwaukee with a 3-0 today.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  9. #879
    Astonishing Member MRP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,828

    Default

    What an ending to that Sox Rays game, and what a gut punch to the Rays. Having the go ahead run taken away by a fluke bounce in the top of the inning only to give up a 2 run walk-off homer in the bottom. Tomorrow's game will be interesting as both teams went deep into their bullpens and used the pitchers slated to start tomorrow in relief tonight. As a Sox fan, I'm elated with the win, but man what a horrible way to lose a post-season game for the Rays. Just about any other park and that ball stays in the stadium on the bounce and the runner scores. The only solace they can take is that it was 2 run homer, so if they didn't score again (and the next batter was retired to end the inning so they wouldn't have) they still would have lost on the walk off, but that's not really any solace and it's a gut punch they have to shake off before tomorrow's game.

    -M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

  10. #880
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    25,792

    Default

    The Pale Hose broke out the bats to whack Houston 12-6 last night and staved off elimination as they now trail in the series 2-1.

    All four divisional series are in play today, starting at 1 PM (EST).
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  11. #881
    Incredible Member InfamousBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Boston MA
    Posts
    626

    Default

    What a Sox vs Rays game yesterday. Crazy stuff. Happy the Sox won but feel a little bad for the Rays and the call they got. What a fluke. It happens though. A rule will probably be changed in the off season so that does not happen again. Christian Vasquez with a big walk off homer to win though? Ya that was fun to watch.
    DC: Batman, Detective Comics, The Flash, Superman, Adventure Comics, Justice League, Robin, Green Lantern
    MARVEL: Avengers, Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man, Captain America, Fantastic Four, X-Men, Moon Knight, Miles Morales

    BRING BACK THE JSA!!!!

    The Punisher...damn I miss Frank.

  12. #882
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    2,827

    Default

    Joctober came through for the Braves to the tune of a 3 run HR, and the Braves now lead 2-1.

  13. #883
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    25,792

    Default

    Game four of Astros-White Sox was rained out in Chicago today. It'll be played 2 pm (EST) tomorrow.

    Red Sox lead Tampa 5-3 in the seventh inning of game four.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  14. #884
    Astonishing Member MRP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,828

    Default

    Sox almost gave it away, but move on to the ALCS.

    -M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

  15. #885
    Astonishing Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Sox almost gave it away, but move on to the ALCS.

    -M
    Yup, like the rest of their wins in this series that was a much closer game than it had any right to be.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •