Page 30 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2021 Season

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yeah, tonight's postponed game will be made up as a twinbill starting at noon tomorrow. Problem is, the forecast is calling for strong to severe thunderstorms rolling through in the early to mid-afternoon hours, so who knows if they'll get both games in.
    I wonder if the games happen today. 90 minutes before the 1st game. Not announcements on roster moves and no line up posted.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I wonder if the games happen today. 90 minutes before the 1st game. Not announcements on roster moves and no line up posted.
    I have no idea. Meanwhile, in today's twinbill, Max Scherzer, in what might be his last start for Washington (he's allegedly on the trading block) outduled Zach Wheeler as the Nats nipped the Phillies 3-1 in the first game. Two innings into game two, and the Nats are already leading 4-0. URGH!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I have no idea. Meanwhile, in today's twinbill, Max Scherzer, in what might be his last start for Washington (he's allegedly on the trading block) outduled Zach Wheeler as the Nats nipped the Phillies 3-1 in the first game. Two innings into game two, and the Nats are already leading 4-0. URGH!
    Down 7 runs I can't believe they came back and won.

Brad Miller with a walk off grand slam bottom of the 8th

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    Down 7 runs I can't believe they came back and won.

Brad Miller with a walk off grand slam bottom of the 8th
    One hell of a crazy comeback. Hadn't seen anything like that in years.

Meanwhile, rumor has it Max Scherzer could be traded to San Diego while Anthony Rizzo is headed to the Bronx.

Mighty Member

My Braves beat the Mets today 6-3, so won 3 out of 4 in the series. Awesome.

One hell of a crazy comeback. Hadn't seen anything like that in years.

Meanwhile, rumor has it Max Scherzer could be traded to San Diego while Anthony Rizzo is headed to the Bronx.
    Been a lot of trades. The Cubs are having a massive Fire Sale right now. Rizzo is gone. Kimbrel, and Bryant are also going to be gone by the end of the dead line. The Mets are rumored to be asking about Beaz.

What I find funny is my Reds got 2 Relievers from the Yankees so they could shed money and then go get a hight priced guy like Rizzo. Guess that is what they wanted the money for.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

After reviewing body cam footage prosecutors have dropped felony charges against Marcell Ozuna in exchange for misdemeanors, means he'll probably plead out to some slap on the wrist and then gets slapped with a suspension, still doubt he ever plays for the Braves again

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    My Braves beat the Mets today 6-3, so won 3 out of 4 in the series. Awesome.
    3 out of 5, Braves haven't won or lost two in a row since the all star break

Extraordinary Member

Max Scherzer AND Trea Turner to the Dodgers?!? If true...

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Max Scherzer AND Trea Turner to the Dodgers?!? If true...
    I guess the deal The Padres were working on for Max fell through?

Astonishing Member

Has anyone been paying attention to what Joey Votto has been doing the last 6 game? Holy crap. That dude is dialed in.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Has anyone been paying attention to what Joey Votto has been doing the last 6 game? Holy crap. That dude is dialed in.
    I Watch every Reds game. We have a saying here in Cincy. Votto still Bangs!

Astonishing Member

I Watch every Reds game. We have a saying here in Cincy. Votto still Bangs!

LOL. Yea he is kicking some serious ass.

Extraordinary Member

Seems like.

Yup! Sure seems that way. I found out about that after I woke up and checked the news this morning. WOW! Talk about the rich getting richer.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    The thing that I really love about Votto is he has always been team first. he is on this huge run with home Runs and set the all Time Reds Record by a player with 6 straight games with a home run. When asked about it he said it was pretty cool. But when they went to follow up he said

"You know we have 7 runs tonight. My homerun only gave us two. Everyone stepped up. Let's focus on that."

The fact is on any large market team he is in the HOF easy because of his career. And would be talked about all the time. But he chose to stay with the Reds because he loves this town and the players. And it hurt some of his national press.