Page 31 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2021 Season

Extraordinary Member

And the Red Sox now have Kyle Schwarber, the Nats' slugger. He's on the IL with a hamstring strain, but still, if he can come back...

Basically, the Cubs, the Nats, the Rockies (soon), and the Diamondbacks all don't really exist in recognizable form.

All this activity is all very exciting of course, but why is it that the teams I like, (Braves, Phillies, Angels, and the Mets and Padres), mostly have done much if anything, (apart from said Mets and whatever the Phillies did). Not really counting the Dodger retread the Braves got earlier as a major find, and he hasn't seem to have helped them much with their little offense problem, (basically feast or famine hitting). Don't get me wrong, I like Joc, and and happy to see more of him on the Braves, but he's streaky and not much more than about a Charlie Blackmon level hitter, (though I give the edge to Blackmon on a day to day basis, and to Pederson for clutch hitting). Wonder where and when Blackmon will go in the great Rockies sell-off?

And the Angels are so close to being a good team; all they need is a bullpen and some hitting... If they'd just go shopping...

I guess you could say that the Nats have jumped the baby shark...
    Last edited by achilles; 07-30-2021 at 07:11 AM.

I just wish my Phillies could get a 4th or 5th starter, let alone bullpen help. Something!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    I just wish my Phillies could get a 4th or 5th starter, let alone bullpen help. Something!
    There are fans on Twitter calling for the Phils to sell, disillusioned and angry about the team, saying it wouldn't make sense to make the playoffs only to be wild card round cannon fodder and make a quick exit. I'm not one of those fans, but I wonder if the front office will make any moves. Guess we'll find out this afternoon.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 07-30-2021 at 09:18 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The thing that I really love about Votto is he has always been team first. he is on this huge run with home Runs and set the all Time Reds Record by a player with 6 straight games with a home run. When asked about it he said it was pretty cool. But when they went to follow up he said

"You know we have 7 runs tonight. My homerun only gave us two. Everyone stepped up. Let's focus on that."

The fact is on any large market team he is in the HOF easy because of his career. And would be talked about all the time. But he chose to stay with the Reds because he loves this town and the players. And it hurt some of his national press.
    Yea. And Check this out. He is the oldest player in baseball history ever to hit homers in 6 straight.

Listening to ESPN Radio. Baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian brought up a reason the Dodgers traded for Max Scherzer: the mess with Trevor Bauer who's still under suspension by MLB and might not pitch for the team again this season, if ever again.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Listening to ESPN Radio. Baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian brought up a reason the Dodgers traded for Max Scherzer: the mess with Trevor Bauer who's still under suspension by MLB and might not pitch for the team again this season, if ever again.
    Of course it was the big reason. The only thing I can fault the Dodgers on is perhaps failing to vet Bauer as thoroughly as they maybe should have. Beyond that, I don't see him ever pitching there again, given the image they still try to project. And the fact that it seems most of the players don't want him back either. But they also didn't want Scherzer to go to the Giants or Padres.

Got an alert from Bleacher Report that closer Craig Kimbrel is going from the Cubs to the White Sox.

Beaz going to the Mets. Which makes me happy. because we Reds just made him look dumb in his last games last night. Now we get to do it again with our Weekend series in New York
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

And Kris Bryant was traded to the Giants. I feel bad for Cubs fans who watched their team taken apart like a cheap toy by a little kid on Christmas morning.

And Kris Bryant was traded to the Giants. I feel bad for Cubs fans who watched their team taken apart like a cheap toy by a little kid on Christmas morning.
    As a Reds fan I am flying to Chicago tonight to bath int their tears.

And I would feel bad for them if half of the so called fans even knew where Wrigley Field was before 2016.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

And my Cards have traded for a couple of late 30 something pitchers, hoping for lightning in a bottle...or something...

the Cubs and Nationals traded a combined 17 players overall

Got an alert from Bleacher Report that closer Craig Kimbrel is going from the Cubs to the White Sox.
    Are the Cubs even going to bother to try to win another game this season?
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Astonishing Member

Votto hit another homer 7 games in a row. Are you kidding me?

On Thursday night, my Phillies scored eleven runs in a comeback win over the Nats. Last night, that same team managed all of one HIT against Pittsburgh, a kennel almost THIRTY games under .500 in a 7-0 loss. That performance was putrid on steroids!