Thread: MLB 2021 Season

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member

And the Red Sox now have Kyle Schwarber, the Nats' slugger. He's on the IL with a hamstring strain, but still, if he can come back...

Basically, the Cubs, the Nats, the Rockies (soon), and the Diamondbacks all don't really exist in recognizable form.

All this activity is all very exciting of course, but why is it that the teams I like, (Braves, Phillies, Angels, and the Mets and Padres), mostly have done much if anything, (apart from said Mets and whatever the Phillies did). Not really counting the Dodger retread the Braves got earlier as a major find, and he hasn't seem to have helped them much with their little offense problem, (basically feast or famine hitting). Don't get me wrong, I like Joc, and and happy to see more of him on the Braves, but he's streaky and not much more than about a Charlie Blackmon level hitter, (though I give the edge to Blackmon on a day to day basis, and to Pederson for clutch hitting). Wonder where and when Blackmon will go in the great Rockies sell-off?

And the Angels are so close to being a good team; all they need is a bullpen and some hitting... If they'd just go shopping...

I guess you could say that the Nats have jumped the baby shark...
    Last edited by achilles; 07-30-2021 at 07:11 AM.