Page 7 of 75 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2021 Season

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The Marlins are the youngest team in the bunch, so their lack of experience in the crucible of a playoff run could affect them. As for the Nats, they gotta convince me their hiccup last season was just that and not the start of a downturn into mediocrity.
    I don't think the Nats will figure into the discussion. I think they won't be too terrible, but they likely won't be among the top finishers.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

My Phillies must be sprinkled, or rather, doused in pixie dust after turning what should have been a loss against the Mets last night into a win. In the fourth inning, what was a solid start for Phils' lefthander Matt Moore deteriorated after he gave up two runs, and with Jacob deGrom on the hill, that's usually a death sentence. But, manager Luis Rojas pulled him after six innings, despite throwing only 77 pitches, and the Phightins' feasted on New York's bullpen with a five run eighth and 5-3 win to remain unbeaten to start the season. WHOO!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

My Phillies must be sprinkled, or rather, doused in pixie dust after turning what should have been a loss against the Mets last night into a win. In the fourth inning, what was a solid start for Phils' lefthander Matt Moore deteriorated after he gave up two runs, and with Jacob deGrom on the hill, that's usually a death sentence. But, manager Luis Rojas pulled him after six innings, despite throwing only 77 pitches, and the Phightins' feasted on New York's bullpen with a five run eighth and 5-3 win to remain unbeaten to start the season. WHOO!
    Funny how it took only one game to expose the Met's weakness. Fun game though. It was my must watch game last night.

Extraordinary Member

Hahaha, the Astros encountered some trash...cans, at their game at the Angels. An apparent Dodgers' fan tossed an inflatable trash can onto the field, while an Angels' fan tossed a real one onto the field.

Extraordinary Member

Well, the All-Star Game will now be in Denver, Colorado. Which has more restrictive voting laws than Georgia. Well, that showed 'em! Well, at least they moved from a majority black city to a city where blacks are a tiny minority, which will strike a blow for racial justice...oh, wait, it doesn't, so much, does it. Well, MLB did something, even if it was only to make it worse.
    Last edited by achilles; 04-06-2021 at 05:42 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Well, bad news from Padre land and Dodger world. Tattis Jr. dislocated his shoulder on a swing. I was afraid of something like that. He hurt his shoulder earlier in ST IIRC, on a slide as I recall. It was a tweak, but then he seemed uncomfortable, and sort of hurt it a couple of other times.

And Bellinger tweaked his ankle. Don't know about either of them.

It's great and I love what I'm seeing from them.

I watched all 4 games just about in their entirety and it's been a joy.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    It's great and I love what I'm seeing from them.

I watched all 4 games just about in their entirety and it's been a joy.
    The REAL joy has so far been a Phillies bullpen that's given up all of one run in the first four games.

The REAL joy has so far been a Phillies bullpen that's given up all of one run in the first four games.
    Yeah till last night...

I hate to say it but it's time for Vince Velasquez to go.

I really thought he would excel in a reliever roll, because it seemed he always did good through first and sometimes second time through the opponents lineup. So last night he strikes out the side in the 6th. Then can Not find the strike zone for 4 straight batters.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    Yeah till last night...

I hate to say it but it's time for Vince Velasquez to go.

I really thought he would excel in a reliever roll, because it seemed he always did good through first and sometimes second time through the opponents lineup. So last night he strikes out the side in the 6th. Then can Not find the strike zone for 4 straight batters.
    Hell, I've been saying it's been time for Vinnie to go for the last two years, the only reason he's still around must be because he has dirty picture of owner John Middleton to use for blackmail. Regarding last night's dumpster fire, Joe Girardi should've yanked Vinnie after loading the bases, Stevie Wonder could see he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from point blank range, why Joe left him in I have no idea. Damned frustrating. No matter, Aaron Nola will restore order when he takes the hill for the series finale this afternoon.

The Reds are streaking, looking hot and about to sweep The Pirates! A smacking of the Cards and a murder job of the Pirates last night! if we can hold against the Cubs the rest of the season the rest of the NL Central can suck it for once!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Baseball pundits and critics who talk about wanting shorter games wouldn't like today's 8-2 Phillies win over the Mets which ran nearly four hours for a nine inning slog. That's Red Sox-Yankees territory.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 04-08-2021 at 03:23 AM.

The Mets pitching is still an inconsistent mess, but it's hard to win if you only want to score 2 runs. The hitting line up is too strong to be having several games like this in a cluster. Lidnor only hitting .125 is going to be a real problem if this continues.

Red Sox look like a Jekyll and Hyde team so far Got swept by the Orioles to start the season then sweep the Rays to follow up. Too soon to tell what the real Sox are going to be, but one thing is certain, those City Connect uniforms they previewed to use Patriot's Day weekend are hideously FUGLY.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

I understand those Red Sox City Connect uniforms honor the Boston Marathon, but yeah, they ain't exactly pleasing to the eye. Hell, I'm surprised UCLA hasn't raised a stink since those are clearly their colors. By the by, I don't know why they bothered with socks since 95 percent of players throughout the majors wear their pants low enough to trip over if they take a backward step.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 04-08-2021 at 03:25 AM.