Page 47 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2021 Season

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Corbin Burnes (14 K's) and reliever Josh Hader combined on MLB's record 9th no-hitter of the season as the Brewers blanked Cleveland 3-0.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Corbin Burnes (14 K's) and reliever Josh Hader combined on MLB's record 9th no-hitter of the season as the Brewers blanked Cleveland 3-0.
    As far as I'm concerned, that was NOT a no-hitter. IMO, it has to be by ONE pitcher, and in a 9 inning game. Only then IMO should it be a no-hitter. Otherwise its just a win and a fine pitching performance.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, that was NOT a no-hitter. IMO, it has to be by ONE pitcher, and in a 9 inning game. Only then IMO should it be a no-hitter. Otherwise its just a win and a fine pitching performance.
    I agree. I remember in the mid season when the Cubs had a no hitter with 4 pitchers and in the post game a reporter asked one of them "How does it feel to have a combined no Hitter?"

The pitcher looked at him and said "I have no idea what the Hell that is."
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Mean while my Reds once again showed they are in no way serious about taking the WC dropping one last night to the Cards.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Except your opinion doesn't get taken into account by those in charge of keeping MLB records so it counts.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Except your opinion doesn't get taken into account by those in charge of keeping MLB records so it counts.
    Not to me, it doesn't. And it shouldn't to the pitchers either. MLB does a lot of stupid things. This is one. The replay is another.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Did the winning team keep the losing team from getting any sort of base hit? If the answer was yes, then it was a NO HITTER. Period. Full stop. End of story. And that’s how it’ll go in the record books....as a NO HITTER.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Did the winning team keep the losing team from getting any sort of base hit? If the answer was yes, then it was a NO HITTER. Period. Full stop. End of story. And that’s how it’ll go in the record books....as a NO HITTER.
    So the home run championship is a team then? I thought it was an individual record...

So the home run championship is a team then? I thought it was an individual record...
    It is, and has always been, But what qualifies as a no-hitter has never been tied to what an individual did, but what a team was prevented from doing. The other 8 fielders on the field have as much to do with a no-hitter as the player on the mound, the players in the dug out or on base have nothing to do with what the player at bat does in terms of home runs or batting average. But by your token, RBIs shouldn't be counted as an individual stat because the player doesn't do it individually, other players have to score, so an RBI should only be if the player drives himself in, other players shouldn't contribute to individual stats. But that's not how MLB defines an RBI, and they don't define a no-hitter as having to be done by a single pitcher. The only requirement is that it is 9 innings.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Freddie Freeman hit his 30th home run on his birthday, all four Braves infielders have at least 26 HRs, no teams ever had an entire infield hit over 30 before

Extraordinary Member

Rays/Orioles was hilarious! 14 guys go to the plate one inning, the one where they hit two GS's. Rays got something like 22 runs. Also, Max Scherzer was showing off with another immaculate inning for the Dodgers.

Rays/Orioles was hilarious! 14 guys go to the plate one inning, the one where they hit two GS's. Rays got something like 22 runs. Also, Max Scherzer was showing off with another immaculate inning for the Dodgers.
    Jays not Rays lol. And yea that was nuts. What do you even say in the locker room in Baltimore after that lol.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Jays not Rays lol. And yea that was nuts. What do you even say in the locker room in Baltimore after that lol.
    Heh, yeah, I got that one a bit wrong, didn't I? One of my classic one letter off spelling errors. I was probably thinking about the Rays as I wrote that...

I also like how even with all their A listers gone from the game, the B team was unable to stop scoring!

Former Milwaukee Brewer Ryan Braun, who won the 2011 NL MVP and is the team's all-time home run leader (and was suspended for PEDS in 2013) has announced his retirement.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

For all the Mets fans here and I know there are so many lol. ESPN is doing a 2 hour block on the 1986 Mets. I love Baseball history so I am going to check this out for sure