Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
Results 466 to 480 of 722

Thread: MLB 2021 Season

  1. #466
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,709

    Default

    Right now the Cardinals seem to be just trying to make it to the end of the season given their recent trades and such...sad...we need an entirely new front office...

  2. #467
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    2,519

    Default

    Yeesh, poor Mets:

    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/mets-ac...225401638.html

    This is one reason to think the life of MLBers is somewhat pressure filled to say the least:

    https://www.yahoo.com/news/corey-sea...033454750.html

    Imagine having to comment like that on a guy you know is set up as your replacement! It's almost like being a worker for Disney asked to train your overseas replacement before they fire you...
    Last edited by achilles; 07-31-2021 at 04:48 AM.

  3. #468
    Fantastic Member mikedesil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    There are fans on Twitter calling for the Phils to sell, disillusioned and angry about the team, saying it wouldn't make sense to make the playoffs only to be wild card round cannon fodder and make a quick exit. I'm not one of those fans, but I wonder if the front office will make any moves. Guess we'll find out this afternoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    On Thursday night, my Phillies scored eleven runs in a comeback win over the Nats. Last night, that same team managed all of one HIT against Pittsburgh, a kennel almost THIRTY games under .500 in a 7-0 loss. That performance was putrid on steroids!
    Well, we made a couple moves. Got a couple pitchers that I honestly don't know anything about. They got to be an upgrade though right?

    Last night was a disgrace against a weak Pirates team. I didn't even see that we only had 1 hit till you just said it. I stopped watching.

  4. #469
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    24,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    Well, we made a couple moves. Got a couple pitchers that I honestly don't know anything about. They got to be an upgrade though right?

    Last night was a disgrace against a weak Pirates team. I didn't even see that we only had 1 hit till you just said it. I stopped watching.
    Regarding those pitchers, I have no idea about them. As for last night, that was another stink-o-rama by Vinnie (with help by outfield gaffes by Harper) as he gave up five runs in the first two innings. After that, I was bouncing back and forth between that and the Olympics.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  5. #470
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    2,519

    Default

    The Jays finally got back to Toronto, so good for them and their fans. It's been what, over a year, nearly two?

  6. #471
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    24,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    The Jays finally got back to Toronto, so good for them and their fans. It's been what, over a year, nearly two?
    At least since September of 2019. So, yeah, it's been quite a long time. Good for the Jays.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  7. #472
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    24,901

    Default

    Clearly my Phillies didn't get the memo about them having the easiest second half in baseball after scoring all of two runs in back to back losses to Pittsburgh, the worst team in the National League. URGH! Lord, this team tries my patience daily!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  8. #473
    Fantastic Member mikedesil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Clearly my Phillies didn't get the memo about them having the easiest second half in baseball after scoring all of two runs in back to back losses to Pittsburgh, the worst team in the National League. URGH! Lord, this team tries my patience daily!
    Yeah it has been a rough couple of loses. Because it's against such a weak Pirates team. I was hoping for a sweep. Now we're on the verge of getting swept instead.

    Also, did you hear that Ranger Suarez is getting moved to a starting pitcher role?
    Last edited by mikedesil; 08-01-2021 at 07:01 AM.

  9. #474
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    2,519

    Default

    For the Padres, Tatis Jr is on the 10 day IL with another partially dislocated shoulder. Is that the same one he had earlier though, and if it is, does that show an underlying problem he might need to go under the knife for? That could really hurt the Padres, especially since the have a Dodger rich schedule in front of them.

  10. #475
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    24,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    Yeah it has been a rough couple of loses. Because it's against such a weak Pirates team. I was hoping for a sweep. Now we're on the verge of getting swept instead.

    Also, did you hear that Ranger Suarez is getting moved to a starting pitcher role?
    Yeah, I did. Not sure about how that move will turn out.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  11. #476
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    For the Padres, Tatis Jr is on the 10 day IL with another partially dislocated shoulder. Is that the same one he had earlier though, and if it is, does that show an underlying problem he might need to go under the knife for? That could really hurt the Padres, especially since the have a Dodger rich schedule in front of them.
    He seems to be getting injured a fair amount, could just be bad luck or that he plays tough but could also be a worrying sign of things to come, and for how much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ they're paying him...

  12. #477
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    24,901

    Default

    In losses Friday and Saturday against Pittsburgh, my Phillies scored all of two runs. Today, they put up 15 in a win. Go figure.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  13. #478
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    2,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    In losses Friday and Saturday against Pittsburgh, my Phillies scored all of two runs. Today, they put up 15 in a win. Go figure.
    That's what the Braves have been doing; feast or famine. Too bad they can't bank some of those extra runs for the bad days...

  14. #479
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    In losses Friday and Saturday against Pittsburgh, my Phillies scored all of two runs. Today, they put up 15 in a win. Go figure.
    Thats baseball for ya

  15. #480
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    24,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    That's what the Braves have been doing; feast or famine. Too bad they can't bank some of those extra runs for the bad days...
    Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Thats baseball for ya
    I know, right?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •