Page 51 of 75 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2021 Season

And the Braves complete a sweep of the Padres, go into the final homestand with a lead of 2.5 games(3 games in the loss colomn) and a magic number of 5, three games against the Phils will almost certainly decide the season
    Last edited by Hiromi; 09-26-2021 at 05:14 PM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    And the Braves complete a sweep of the Padres, go into the final homestand with a lead of 2.5 games(3 games in the loss colomn) and a magic number of 5, three games against the Phils will almost certainly decide the season
    That puts my Phillies in the unenviable position of having to sweep the Braves, then hope for help from the Mets afterwards. I have to admit I'm not liking our chances, especially since the Phils finish the season against the Marlins whom they've have had no end of trouble with for the last two seasons. URGH!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    That puts my Phillies in the unenviable position of having to sweep the Braves, then hope for help from the Mets afterwards. I have to admit I'm not liking our chances, especially since the Phils finish the season against the Marlins whom they've have had no end of trouble with for the last two seasons. URGH!
    I don't like our chances too much to make the playoffs either.

And of all teams in our division to end the season with... the damn Marlins.

Extraordinary Member

Here's a question I'm wondering about, does anyone know if there's a rule against pitching one pitch with overhand standard delivery, the next with a sidearm or true sub-mariner delivery, and the next with maybe a fast pitch softball delivery, assuming they know how? Can you even do a fast pitch softball style delivery in MLB? Just idly wondering.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    I don't like our chances too much to make the playoffs either.

And of all teams in our division to end the season with... the damn Marlins.
    Have you guys been following the Braves though? They've had a tendency of late to come from ahead to lose, so maybe the Phillies have a better chance of that than you think.

NY media making a big deal about the Yankees sweeping the Red Sox for the #1 place in the wild card by one game. But Yankees last four games are against Toronto and The Rays. Boston is facing Baltimore and the Nationals. It'll be hard for the Yanks to keep their spot.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Have you guys been following the Braves though? They've had a tendency of late to come from ahead to lose, so maybe the Phillies have a better chance of that than you think.
    I hope you are right that they have a better chance than we think.

Extraordinary Member

And suddenly, every perienial contender in MLB is salivating Shohei Ohtani has indicated that he wants to win and go to the postseason perhaps even more than he loves playing for the Angels. Either the Angels finally pony up for some pitching help, and perhaps a couple more good to great hitters, or he might not be there for too much longer, (he's got two years on his extension).

The Red Sox make me sick...just awful.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    The Red Sox make me sick...just awful.
    Dropping 3 straight to the Yankees is rough.

Phillies playoffs start tonight as far as I'm concerned. Facing elimination at that.

Jaime Jarrin, the Spanish language radio voice for the Los Angeles Dodgers for the last 64 years, has announced he will retire at the end of the season.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Jaime Jarrin, the Spanish language radio voice for the Los Angeles Dodgers for the last 64 years, has announced he will retire at the end of the season.
    Sad to hear that. He's been a fixture here since long before I was around. All the best to him.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Phillies playoffs start tonight as far as I'm concerned. Facing elimination at that.
    I've probably already said this, but the Phils basically have to run the table against Atlanta and Miami, and hope for some help from the Mets who face the Braves after we leave town.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Should be an exciting series; I'll be watching.