Page 48 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2021 Season

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    For all the Mets fans here and I know there are so many lol. ESPN is doing a 2 hour block on the 1986 Mets. I love Baseball history so I am going to check this out for sure
    I'd like to see that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    I'd like to see that as well.
    It was really good. it should be on the ESPN site for people with a subscription.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    It was really good. it should be on the ESPN site for people with a subscription.
    Oh no I missed it already?!... I bet it was good.

Oh no I missed it already?!... I bet it was good.
    It was. Just look up 30 for 30 and where to steam them. it was a 2 parter.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I was wrong. It is a 4 parter. Part 3 and 4 are on right now on espn.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

So, my Phillies did what they did better than any team in MLB last night, cough up a late game lead in allowing the Cubs to tie the score in the top of the ninth. Fortunately, Chicago's bullpen turned right around and returned the favor, literally throwing away the game on a passed ball and gift wrapping a 6-5 win for the Phightins. At this point in the season, I don't care how we get our wins, just so long as we get them...PERIOD!
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 09-16-2021 at 07:40 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Okay, last night, the Cubs torched Phillies pitching for a 7-0 lead after just three innings. So, what did the Phightins do? Well, they reeled off ten straight runs en route to a 17-8 slobberknocker win over the Southsiders, led by Bryce Harper who had three hits, including a homer and drove in four as he continued his campaign for NL MVP. With Atlanta's home game with Colorado rained out, the Phils are three games behind the Braves who'll be in San Francisco for the weekend while Philly will be in Flushing with the goal of being able to put the Mets out of their misery with (hopefully) a sweep.

So it looks like the Mets season is probably over. The hitters never coalesced. 3 of our original 5 starting pitchers (several of whom were just biding time until our regulars got off the Injured List to begin with) are hurt. Jacob deGrom hit his way into missing a third Cy Young. It's pretty clear that the Mets are not aching to get deGrom back out there in a season that has no hope of getting us to the playoffs.

Guess we'll just have to wait until next year.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Okay, last night, the Cubs torched Phillies pitching for a 7-0 lead after just three innings. So, what did the Phightins do? Well, they reeled off ten straight runs en route to a 17-8 slobberknocker win over the Southsiders, led by Bryce Harper who had three hits, including a homer and drove in four as he continued his campaign for NL MVP. With Atlanta's home game with Colorado rained out, the Phils are three games behind the Braves who'll be in San Francisco for the weekend while Philly will be in Flushing with the goal of being able to put the Mets out of their misery with (hopefully) a sweep.
    Yeah last night was a crazy game indeed.

Last night might well have been the biggest comeback by the Phils since 1989 when they spotted Pittsburgh 10 first inning runs, then came back to beat the Buccos 15-11.

Extraordinary Member

It was fun!

Okay, the Phils nipped the Mets 4-3 last night and are now just two games behind Atlanta after the Braves lost in San Francisco. Good!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Okay, the Phils nipped the Mets 4-3 last night and are now just two games behind Atlanta after the Braves lost in San Francisco. Good!
    I'm getting excited again.

Reds did Reds things. They lost 2 out of 3 to the Pirates but last night handled the Dodgers pretty well for the win. They are still in the Wild Card Race. i am not sure I want them to get in the WC though and have a repeat of last year.

I'm getting excited again.
    Well, get more excited! Aaron Nola (winning for the first time in two months) and the Phils nipped the freefalling Mets 5-3 last night while the Braves were shutout in Frisco. So, as of this morning, the Phightins are only a game out of first place in NL Least.