Page 62 of 75 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2021 Season

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Boston might have the edge in pitching, but Houston can bang all night long. Astros in six.
    I am hoping for Boston in 6 and a World Series of the Braves vs Sox.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

I'm rooting for the Sox, but Houston has had their number all season. I think it will go 7 either way, and it will be whichever bullpen holds up late in the series that wins it. I want to pick Sox, if I were betting I would pick Houston, but I am not betting, so Sox in 7.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Extraordinary Member

For RS vs Houston Cheaters, I'd say if the Astros can hear the banging above the crowd noise, then they take it, but if not, maybe the Sox. While it probably will go more than the minimum, I'd like it to be a sweep.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    For RS vs Houston Cheaters, I'd say if the Astros can hear the banging above the crowd noise, then they take it, but if not, maybe the Sox. While it probably will go more than the minimum, I'd like it to be a sweep.
    I will say this once here and wont say it again...Cora cheated when he was with the Astros, not the Red Sox. The Red Sox as a team never cheated and should not be called cheaters just because Cora is the manager. The Sox have been winning world series for the past 20 years without Cora.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    I will say this once here and wont say it again...Cora cheated when he was with the Astros, not the Red Sox. The Red Sox as a team never cheated and should not be called cheaters just because Cora is the manager. The Sox have been winning world series for the past 20 years without Cora.
    Don't know why you quoted me for that. I said the Astros were the cheating trash can lids, I didn't say the RS did that.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Don't know why you quoted me for that. I said the Astros were the cheating trash can lids, I didn't say the RS did that.
    Oh I'm sorry I am at work and super busy while trying to type on here as well lol I apologize I read it fast (I work in a busy Boston emergency room)

With that all said it took me a long time to believe in Cora or trust him for that matter. After what I have seen him do this year that has all changed my mind. I do really believe he knew he made a huge very costly mistake with the Astros. I was lucky enough to meet him in a local Boston grocery store years ago and he walked by me and I did not want to bug him. In the next aisle over though he looked right at me, saw my Red Sox hat on and he just smiled. I said to him I did not want to bug him especially on his day off. We talked for like 15 mins (now this was years ago when he was a player). He was so genuinely nice and you could tell how much he loved the city of Boston.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Oh I'm sorry I am at work and super busy while trying to type on here as well lol I apologize I read it fast (I work in a busy Boston emergency room)

With that all said it took me a long time to believe in Cora or trust him for that matter. After what I have seen him do this year that has all changed my mind. I do really believe he knew he made a huge very costly mistake with the Astros. I was lucky enough to meet him in a local Boston grocery store years ago and he walked by me and I did not want to bug him. In the next aisle over though he looked right at me, saw my Red Sox hat on and he just smiled. I said to him I did not want to bug him especially on his day off. We talked for like 15 mins (now this was years ago when he was a player). He was so genuinely nice and you could tell how much he loved the city of Boston.
    Nice! I like it when they are at least a bit nice in public.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Game five of Dodgers-Giants from San Fran tonight with Atlanta awaiting the winner in the NLCS. Who ya got, folks? I think the Giants will prevail, but, it'll be a close game, say, 6-5 as the final score.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Former All-Star catcher Ray Fosse, who went on to broadcast Oakland A's games for 35 years, has passed away.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Former All-Star catcher Ray Fosse, who went on to broadcast Oakland A's games for 35 years, has passed away.
    Just heard about this an hour ago. It's been said Fosse's promising career was short circuited and he was never the same after Pete Rose needlessly bowled him over back in the 1970 All-Star Game.

Game five of Dodgers-Giants from San Fran tonight with Atlanta awaiting the winner in the NLCS. Who ya got, folks? I think the Giants will prevail, but, it'll be a close game, say, 6-5 as the final score.
    I am hoping for the Giants to get the win.

Just got an alert from Bleacher Report that the Cardinals fired manager Mike Shildt. Damn, that was sudden! The team won a franchise record 17 straight games to make the Wild Card game, and Shildt got the chop? Wow!

Ultimate Member

Big surprise though not entirely a bad thing as on other sites there are Cards fans that are happy to see him go after all of the mistakes that he's made over the years...not sure who we're going to get to replace him though...

Extraordinary Member

Argh, it's a bullpen game for the Dodgers, Urias won't start after all, no word on why, or if he'll slot in sometime after the first. Given that, I take the Giants as well. 15-2 is my guess, the Dodgers will lose big IMO.

No score, top of the fourth.