Page 49 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2021 Season

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

My Phillies came up short last night, losing to the Mets 3-2 while the Braves blanked the Giants, pushing their division lead up to two games. The Phils go into their last homestead of the season against Baltimore and Pittsburgh, starting tonight, needless to say, we HAVE to beat these bottom feeders to keep the pressure on Atlanta.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

What the heck are the Red Sox doing?! They are suppose to be dead in the water LOL!!!
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

So, the Phils began their last homestead of the season last night with a thud, getting blanked 2-0 by 102 loss Baltimore. With Atlanta thumping Arizona, the Phightins are now three games out of first place. URGH!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    So, the Phils began their last homestead of the season last night with a thud, getting blanked 2-0 by 102 loss Baltimore. With Atlanta thumping Arizona, the Phightins are now three games out of first place. URGH!
    Ah, but look at the good news; all the Diamondbacks have to do is avoid winning four more games and they'll beat the record of 111 losses! Think of the pride those folks will feel with that accomplishment! And start singing "Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life"!

Nah, seriously, I feel your pain. I like the Phils too, and my home team, the Angels....er....the less said the better.

Tommy Lasorda's wife Jo has passed away.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Ah, but look at the good news; all the Diamondbacks have to do is avoid winning four more games and they'll beat the record of 111 losses! Think of the pride those folks will feel with that accomplishment! And start singing "Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life"!

Nah, seriously, I feel your pain. I like the Phils too, and my home team, the Angels....er....the less said the better.
    "Life's a piece of ****,
    when you look at it,
    Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true,
    You'll see it's all a show,
    Keep 'em laughin' as you go,
    Just remember that the last laugh is on you"

That's how I feel sometimes as a Phillies fan. But, I gird my loins every night and watch the next game, without fail. Just call me a pain freak.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 09-21-2021 at 01:18 PM.

Well My Reds went into tonights game 3 games back from the Wc and they said "You know what? We dont even want to try." As they are currently losing 6-2 to the bottom feeding Pirates.

On the plus side as I was organizing a set of Baseball Cards from my order at the start of the month I saw I got Gary Cater my favorite Met Plater and my second favorite baseball player of all time
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Not dead yet after my Phillies won 3-2 in 10 innings last night:

Well I love my Reds and this is why. The Reds had a 1 game lead in the Wild Card. Then they went into meltdown mode and lost 8 straight series and they have lost 3 out of 4 games to the bottom of the pack Pirates. They are now 3 games back in the WC and will be lucky to finish above .5oo So after that massive collapse what do they do? Give David Bell (If Babyblob had an arch enemy this dude would be it) a 2 year contract extension. This is why The Reds have been a joke for the better part of 2 decades and wont get any better.

Damn it!
    Last edited by babyblob; 09-22-2021 at 03:18 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Well I love my Reds and this is why. The Reds had a 1 game lead in the Wild Card. Then they went into meltdown mode and lost 8 straight series and they have lost 3 out of 4 games to the bottom of the pack Pirates. They are now 3 games back in the WC and will be lucky to finish above .5oo So after that massive collapse what do they do? Give David Bell (If Babyblob had an arch enemy this due would be it) a 2 year contract extension. This is why The Reds have been a joke for the better part of 2 decades and wont get any better.

Damn it!
    And those same Pirates are coming here for the weekend to close out the Phillies' home schedule. However, tomorrow night's game is in peril because of a slow moving cold front predicted to dump a boatload of rain on the region, that could mean a twinbill on Friday (and god only knows what that might do to pitching schedules) if Thursday's game is postponed. At present, the easiest path to the playoffs for the Phils might be to win NL East as they're three games behind Atlanta while they're four games off the pace for the second wild card.

SI.com has a new article on Joey Votto of the Cincinnati Reds.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    SI.com has a new article on Joey Votto of the Cincinnati Reds.
    Thanks for posting this link. I loved the article. Votto is one of those players that I love. And not just because he plays for the home town team. But because he is a great guy. this does not get talked about outside of Cincy often and not even here in Cincy because he doesnt make a big deal of it.

But He is always hanging out at the Children's hospital. Sadly Covid has hurt that a bigt. but pre covid he would go there 6 or 7 days a month and spend just hours hanging with the kids. And he never let the local media come with him. He wants it to be about him and the kids. I remember a local Channel 9 reporter ambushed him there one day after Votto told him not to and he had that guy lightweight banned. Had the other players and even the manager not answer his questions or do an interview with him and it pretty much ruined him here.

I just love the guy and in Cnicy he is loved I think more then bench. He is my second favorite player on the Reds and 3rd all time favorite baseball player

Man ... The Phillies and Mariners won't go quietly into the night, will they?

Let's go Dark Horses!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Red Sox on a 7 game win streak. I know its not against great teams but the Sox are playing well.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Extraordinary Member

What is with all those "hamstring tightness" injuries nearly everyone seems to be suffering from? Did they not stretch? Skip leg day? Cap would be very displeased...

In any event I don't recall seeing so many of this specific injury in other seasons.

Also, another one of those home runs/not home run things happened. A case of overrunning the leading baserunner. Would have thought that one in a season would be enough to remind players not to do that.