Page 10 of 75 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2021 Season

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Last I checked the Cardinals are beating up on the Nats in the 7th, 14-1...
    Enjoy it while you can. They have a weekend series starting on the 23rd against my Reds. The Card Killers!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

The Mets finally are starting to show some signs of life as they sweep the Phillies in a Double Header. Taijuan Walker and Marcus Stroman put on pitching clinics, but it's the Brandon Nimmo show in New York right now. Nimmo got on base 5 times tonight out of 7 plate appearances and drove in 3 runs.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Enjoy it while you can. They have a weekend series starting on the 23rd against my Reds. The Card Killers!
    For some reason they either play really well or really badly against the Reds whenever they play...and it's a long season...

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    The Mets finally are starting to show some signs of life as they sweep the Phillies in a Double Header. Taijuan Walker and Marcus Stroman put on pitching clinics, but it's the Brandon Nimmo show in New York right now. Nimmo got on base 5 times tonight out of 7 plate appearances and drove in 3 runs.
    Yeah, definitely a bad night for my Phillies who are 1-4 on their first road trip of the season.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 04-14-2021 at 01:54 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

And now the Angels will need to all get drunk. Though I'm not sure it will help. Still, that ending...

For some reason they either play really well or really badly against the Reds whenever they play...and it's a long season...
    Oh I will agree with this. I enjoy talking smack to Cards fans. but truth is it could really go either way. The way our pitching has been on this west coast road trip makes me worry about things going forward.

But even if The Reds go 2-15 against the Cards I am still going to talk mass crap on those two games lol.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

Right now the Cards are hanging on to a few players that they really need to get rid of so they don't help in games against the Reds and others...I just laugh at people who thought that the Cubs were going to be a dynasty after they won it all, and as for the Cards a year or two from now the roster could look VERY different in a guy or two doesn't stay like Arenado and a few others retire like Wainwright and Molina...then again the guys that we have in our minors seem to be pretty darn good...

Right now the Cards are hanging on to a few players that they really need to get rid of so they don't help in games against the Reds and others...I just laugh at people who thought that the Cubs were going to be a dynasty after they won it all, and as for the Cards a year or two from now the roster could look VERY different in a guy or two doesn't stay like Arenado and a few others retire like Wainwright and Molina...then again the guys that we have in our minors seem to be pretty darn good...
    I am impressed by you alls farm system. I wish ours was that good. or that when we do get a great prospect we stop trading them after a year or two for more prospects.

There was a period where I thought the Reds were doing nothing but shuffling prospects in trades. Like three years all they did was trade our prospects for others. Then trade those away.

Ultimate Member

Well the Cards do tend to hold on to guys longer than they should...I'm just hoping that history repeats itself, the last time that the Cards got a player from Colorado in Holliday, we won the World Series while he was on the team...

After that disastrous three game opening to the season for the Red Sox, I don't think anyone thought these guys would do anything.

A little more than a week later, Sox fans have to be sitting around wondering what the heck they put in the water for the team because they are playing some damn good ball. If they keep this up, they are going to get our hopes up or something.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

White Sox Pitcher Rondon is just 3 outs away from a perfect game!

Well never mind. just hit a batter int he foot. So a No hitter is the best he can get. Very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    After that disastrous three game opening to the season for the Red Sox, I don't think anyone thought these guys would do anything.

A little more than a week later, Sox fans have to be sitting around wondering what the heck they put in the water for the team because they are playing some damn good ball. If they keep this up, they are going to get our hopes up or something.
    Well they went on to sweep the double-header against the Twins, making them only the 2nd team in MLB to reach 9 wins this year (the Dodgers being the other). It still way too early to get excited though. Nobody else in the AL East is over .500 right now, but what is promising is how good the starting rotation has looked. During their nine-game winning streak, the Red Sox's starting rotation is 6-0 with a 3.19 ERA. The starters have gone at least five innings in 11 of the 12 games this season (Garrett Richards first start in that opening Orioles series being the lone exception, that was a stinker). The pitching staff has allowed three earned runs or fewer in nine games. That's the biggest difference so far between this season and last. If the rotation and bullpen hold up, they will be competitive and maybe even be in the wild card hunt all year. If the staff comes back to earth, well, not so much.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Well never mind. just hit a batter int he foot. So a No hitter is the best he can get. Very sad.
    Well he got the no-no, and that's nothing to sneeze at.

Kind of ironic two no-nos this season lost perfect games with HBP (Musgrove lost his perfect game the same way)

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Well they went on to sweep the double-header against the Twins, making them only the 2nd team in MLB to reach 9 wins this year (the Dodgers being the other). It still way too early to get excited though. Nobody else in the AL East is over .500 right now, but what is promising is how good the starting rotation has looked. During their nine-game winning streak, the Red Sox's starting rotation is 6-0 with a 3.19 ERA. The starters have gone at least five innings in 11 of the 12 games this season (Garrett Richards first start in that opening Orioles series being the lone exception, that was a stinker). The pitching staff has allowed three earned runs or fewer in nine games. That's the biggest difference so far between this season and last. If the rotation and bullpen hold up, they will be competitive and maybe even be in the wild card hunt all year. If the staff comes back to earth, well, not so much.

-M
    I wasn't really getting excited. My response was more on the sarcastic side of things. I saw that Garrett Richards stinker and that was when I threw up my hands in complete frustration. He was pathetic. But it is nice to see them playing well. Always better than them stinking up the joint.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.