Page 23 of 75 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2021 Season

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    So it's about halfway through the season and Ohtani, a PITCHER, is leading the major leagues in HRs, with 28, two more than Vlad Jr. After of course hitting 2 last night in Yankee Stadium, as any pitcher does.
    Ohtani-san is definitely must see TV. He's one hell of a talent!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Well, the Dodgers are doomed this year. Seems their investment in Bauer might not have been as great an idea as I thought. One way or another, this is going to affect his season adversely. Maybe his career and life too, if the allegations of assault are true. Don't know myself one way or the other, but as I said, the one thing I am certain of is this is going to hurt the Dodgers.

Well, the Dodgers are doomed this year. Seems their investment in Bauer might not have been as great an idea as I thought. One way or another, this is going to affect his season adversely. Maybe his career and life too, if the allegations of assault are true. Don't know myself one way or the other, but as I said, the one thing I am certain of is this is going to hurt the Dodgers.
    Sounds like a classic case of "he said, she said". Bauer's mouthpiece has already made a statement saying everything with his client was consensual. Until Bauer is no longer pitching (as in suspended), this won't hurt the Dodgers. Bauer will compartmentalize things and keep on taking the mound until he's told not to, and unless he's arrested, that won't happen.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Sounds like a classic case of "he said, she said". Bauer's mouthpiece has already made a statement saying everything with his client was consensual. Until Bauer is no longer pitching (as in suspended), this won't hurt the Dodgers. Bauer will compartmentalize things and keep on taking the mound until he's told not to, and unless he's arrested, that won't happen.
    Well, this season, he hasn't been unflappable, so I'm betting it will get to him. I'm also betting he'll be suspended rather soon. Though...what is Ozuna's status? With him there was no question; they cops caught him in the act. With Bauer...there is some question. IIRC Ozuna was suspended indefinitely, is he still on that list? If he is, I'm guessing Bauer might join him; that's how this comish seems to go.

Well, this season, he hasn't been unflappable, so I'm betting it will get to him. I'm also betting he'll be suspended rather soon. Though...what is Ozuna's status? With him there was no question; they cops caught him in the act. With Bauer...there is some question. IIRC Ozuna was suspended indefinitely, is he still on that list? If he is, I'm guessing Bauer might join him; that's how this comish seems to go.
    officially I think Ozuna's still just on the injured list with no official punishment yet. Given that the charges he's looking at have the very strong potential of jail time actual MLB punishment is probably not as high a priority

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    officially I think Ozuna's still just on the injured list with no official punishment yet. Given that the charges he's looking at have the very strong potential of jail time actual MLB punishment is probably not as high a priority
    Given that IIRC the police actually witnessed some of it, and also IIRC have it on body cam footage, I don't see how Ozuna comes back. Bauer with his admission of obliging the rando groupie with rough sex...even if he's telling the truth and it was consensual, it still doesn't square with the image the Dodgers like to project, so whatever happened, I'll bet Dodgers' execs are reaching for the anti-acid pills.

Extraordinary Member

Oooh, so Ohtani is mortal after all. Got chased in a pitching start by the Yanks, pushing his ERA up over a full point to the low 3s. And...the punchline is the Angels became the first team since at least 1900 to give up 7 in the first and get 7 in the ninth for the win. And Boone got booed by the few remaining Yankee stadium fans, (I think it was 1 AM there when it finished).

Extraordinary Member

Happy Bobby Bonilla Day Mets' fans!

Actually, I hope Cohen does what he says he wanted to and have an actual Bobby Bonilla day at the park itself, and give the man a little ceremony with his check. Could indeed be fun.
    Last edited by achilles; 07-01-2021 at 04:20 AM.

I still find it hard to believe that my Red Sox are on a pace to win 100 games this season. It's weird watching them be both good and reasonably entertaining after the last few years where they sucked the life out of everything.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I still find it hard to believe that my Red Sox are on a pace to win 100 games this season. It's weird watching them be both good and reasonably entertaining after the last few years where they sucked the life out of everything.
    And maybe they didn't screw up quite so much as it seems with the Betts deal. He's been mortal this season. Very much so.

Oooh, so Ohtani is mortal after all. Got chased in a pitching start by the Yanks, pushing his ERA up over a full point to the low 3s. And...the punchline is the Angels became the first team since at least 1900 to give up 7 in the first and get 7 in the ninth for the win. And Boone got booed by the few remaining Yankee stadium fans, (I think it was 1 AM there when it finished).
    I think there were rain delays up and down the eastern seaboard last night. As for the Yanks, I suspect the clock is now ticking on Boone's tenure as manager, perhaps on Brian Cashman as general manager as well.

Reading the description of what Bauer reportedly did to assault the woman, there's way more going on there for sure. He's a total scumbag if it is all true. I do have one question though. According to the Sports Illustrated article, the woman went back to his place a second time. WHY? I mean she clearly didn't like what happened to her the first time and you go back again? That is spectacularly fucked up.

But Bauer is in some deep shit I think.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Reading the description of what Bauer reportedly did to assault the woman, there's way more going on there for sure. He's a total scumbag if it is all true. I do have one question though. According to the Sports Illustrated article, the woman went back to his place a second time. WHY? I mean she clearly didn't like what happened to her the first time and you go back again? That is spectacularly fucked up.
    And THAT will sink her credibility. Going back was stupid on steroids.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And THAT will sink her credibility. Going back was stupid on steroids.
    I don't believe it sinks her credibility. I'm not victim blaming or anything. But asking why the hell she went back is definitely a legitimate avenue to investigate. Again, spectacularly fucked up but that doesn't lessen the fact that Bauer comes off as a serious creep and scumbag regardless.

I don't believe it sinks her credibility. I'm not victim blaming or anything. But asking why the hell she went back is definitely a legitimate avenue to investigate. Again, spectacularly fucked up but that doesn't lessen the fact that Bauer comes off as a serious creep and scumbag regardless.
    And a cudgel the defense will pound her with if this mess goes to court. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.