Page 25 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2021 Season

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My Phillies added to the woes of the woeful Cubs, sending the Northsiders to their 11th straight loss, 15-10 last night. Andrew McCutcheon hit a first inning grand slam off Jake Arrieta who looks cooked and didn't make it past the second inning while Bryce Harper had five hits including a three run jack that put the game away. Hardly a pitcher's duel, but hey, it was a win for the Phightins, so I'll take it!
    Great game.

Extraordinary Member

After Trevor Bauer and Armie Hammer went looking for the ladies hoping for that dream double date, the Dodgers removed his merch and cancelled his bobblehead night. Go figure...

Meanwhile, for the Angels, Rendon is injured again...

Ditto for the Dodgers' Kershaw...ominous for them, after getting bullpenned and swept into oblivion by...the Marlins, and losing a key starter. DeGrom will not pitch at the All-Star Game to spend time with his family instead, and to get a bit of recovery time for nagging injuries.
    Last edited by achilles; 07-08-2021 at 11:00 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Atlanta's Ronald Acuna Jr. tore the ACL in his right knee yesterday and is done for the rest of the season. How sad. I'm no Braves fan (division rival), but I appreciate what a great talent this young man is.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Atlanta's Ronald Acuna Jr. tore the ACL in his right knee yesterday and is done for the rest of the season. How sad. I'm no Braves fan (division rival), but I appreciate what a great talent this young man is.
    Geeze, the Braves' season is over now. Him, the guy who will not be named, that rookie pitcher...Atlanta seems dangerous to baseball players...

In a weird twist, there seems to be a Max Muncy who is a CA highschool baseball player not related to the Dodgers' one though they do share a birthday. He might go on day one of the draft.

yeah this is the nail in the Braves season and a really big loss for MLB as a whole, especially just days before the All Star game

What should have been a great four game set between The Brewers and my Reds turned to a **** show. Yes my Reds took 3 out of 4 and I am happy. But man the umps were god awful, and on Reddit the Reds Sub and the Brewers sub went to war with **** talking and jerks and it was not fun at all.

Plus side Reds 4 games back going into the break!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Despite losing four players who were put in COVID protocol this morning, including Aaron Nola who was slated to start today's finale against Boston, my Phillies turned to their much maligned bullpen and it held strong in a 5-4 win over the Red Sox, ending the first half of the season at 42-42. The Phightins have won seven out of their last ten, scored 60 runs in their last seven games and are just 3.5 games behind the first place Mets.

Despite losing four players who were put in COVID protocol this morning, including Aaron Nola who was slated to start today's finale against Boston, my Phillies turned to their much maligned bullpen and it held strong in a 5-4 win over the Red Sox, ending the first half of the season at 42-42. The Phightins have won seven out of their last ten, scored 60 runs in their last seven games and are just 3.5 games behind the first place Mets.
    Are you guys going to make any moves before the deadline? Any rumors or people you are trying to unload?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Are you guys going to make any moves before the deadline? Any rumors or people you are trying to unload?
    I know there are some fans here who've given up and want the Phils to blow it up and sell just about EVERYONE, but I'm not one of them. For want of a competent bullpen and a lockdown closer, we could be leading NL East instead of the Mets, if we could land another starter to go with Wheeler, Nola and Eflin, and that aforementioned closer, we can still compete for the postseason.

Extraordinary Member

My great MLB draft hopes were dashed when the Dodgers didn't take Max Muncy, (the A's did....again). I longed to see Max Muncy batting after Max Muncy in the Dodgers' order...

I mean, do you as an opposing manager intentionally walk Max Muncy to get to Max Muncy? How does the announcer call a Dodgers' play from short to first? Ah, the Dodgers now had better trade to get Max Muncy, but they can't offer Max Muncy as the trade bait for Max Muncy.

Okay, fun fact, the Muncy's are not related....but, because the universe is evil and wants us to be afraid...they have the same birthday, years apart obviously.

This one is also weird. The universe is a scary place!

https://www.mlb.com/cut4/minor-leagu...cal-c293234638
    Last edited by achilles; 07-12-2021 at 03:02 AM.

I know there are some fans here who've given up and want the Phils to blow it up and sell just about EVERYONE, but I'm not one of them. For want of a competent bullpen and a lockdown closer, we could be leading NL East instead of the Mets, if we could land another starter to go with Wheeler, Nola and Eflin, and that aforementioned closer, we can still compete for the postseason.
    We are in the same boat. If we can get a good closer we would be in good shape. our Pen has been pretty rough but we are getting some guys back from IL after the break. To be honest I am happy with where the Reds are going into the break and it has been a long time since I have said that.

Astonishing Member

Well I will say it Stephen A Smith should be suspended immediately for his idiotic comments about Ohtani.

Ultimate Member

Well for awhile, and possibly still, in the Cardinals farm system they had two players, Lane Thomas and Thomas Lane, not sure on the spelling but it's fun to think about...

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Well I will say it Stephen A Smith should be suspended immediately for his idiotic comments about Ohtani.
    How the hell does he get away with such spectacular BS like that? Rachel Nichols made far less controversial comments about the NBA Finals sideline reporter gig she lost out on and she's being pilloried from coast to coast. If a white reporter had said what Smith said, he'd already be on the unemployment line.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    How the hell does he get away with such spectacular BS like that? Rachel Nichols made far less controversial comments about the NBA Finals sideline reporter gig she lost out on and she's being pilloried from coast to coast. If a white reporter had said what Smith said, he'd already be on the unemployment line.

Its freaking crazy.