Page 26 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2021 Season

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Well I will say it Stephen A Smith should be suspended immediately for his idiotic comments about Ohtani.
    What did he say?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    What did he say?
    It probably wouldn't come across right if I just typed it out. I am sure you can u tube the comments.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    What did he say?
    Basically, Smith said Ohtani can't be a superstar in MLB because he doesn't speak English. And no, ESPN won't suspend Smith or even slap him on the wrist because they're scared shitless he'll play the race card and say he was punished because he's black. He'll do it too, Smith is shameless as the day is long. By the by, I can't stand Smith (I call him "Screamin' A" because that's all he does on camera) who's the absolute worst sports talking head.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 07-13-2021 at 01:28 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Basically, Smith said Ohtani can't be a superstar in MLB because he doesn't speak English. And no, ESPN won't suspend Smith or even slap him on the wrist because they're scared shitless he'll play the race card and say he was punished because he's black. He'll do it too, Smith is shameless as the day is long. By the by, I can't stand Smith (I call him "Screamin' A" because that's all he does on camera) who's the absolute worst sports talking head.
    Well, he's probably tied with Skip Bayless. But the two of them are definitely the epitome of awful.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Extraordinary Member

Alonzo won the home run derby. Otahni lost to Juan Soto, though he did a bunch of 500 plus foot home runs.

In the MLB draft over the last two days, the Angels made 20 picks over 20 rounds and selected 20 pitchers. The only other time a MLB had selected pitchers exclusively in the draft was last year's COVID shortened draft which was only 5 rounds long, and the Marlins selected 5 pitchers.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    In the MLB draft over the last two days, the Angels made 20 picks over 20 rounds and selected 20 pitchers. The only other time a MLB had selected pitchers exclusively in the draft was last year's COVID shortened draft which was only 5 rounds long, and the Marlins selected 5 pitchers.

-M
    Well, like that old saying goes: "You hit for show, and pitch for dough". I mean, when was the last time a pitcher from the Angels' farm system made an All-Star Team, won 20 games or a Cy Young award?

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Got an alert from Bleacher Report that positive COVID tests in the Yankees organization resulted in a cancellation of tonight's game in the Bronx against Boston.

Got an alert from Bleacher Report that positive COVID tests in the Yankees organization resulted in a cancellation of tonight's game in the Bronx against Boston.
    Yep. Add in two players that were supposed to be on the men's basketball team in Tokyo going into the protocols and L.A. County requiring masks indoors again (and Hollywood events requiring proof of vaccination and negative tests), and it is adding up to yet another clusterfuck that is going to shut down everything all over again.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Apparently Aaron Judge is one of the six Yankees players that tested positive for Covid. Article Link

Dick Tidrow, who won two World Series titles with the Yankees in the 1970's and was part of the San Francisco Giants front office for nearly three decades (winning three titles there as an executive), has passed away.
    Last edited by Deathstroke; 07-16-2021 at 05:18 PM.

I don't know if anyone else has posted about this but it seems the Colorado Rockies are also dealing with a Covid outbreak of their own.

The Red Sox and Yankees finally played last night, and Boston blanked the Bombers 4-0. Meanwhile, the Fathers flat out out embarrassed the Nats 24-8. That's TWENTY-FOUR to eight. Ouch!

Ohtani has reportedly given his winnings form participating in the Home Run Derby to the LA Angels staff. Ohtani donated the $150,000 he received to more than a couple of dozen people, including clubhouse staff, trainers and members of the media relations department, the reports said. The two-way Japanese sensation handed out the checks before the Angels' game Friday night against the Seattle Mariners.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

He didn't say he couldn't be a superstar. He said he can't be the Face of Baseball. The way many wanted Mike Trout to be. It's not any less offensive, just wanted clarity.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!