Page 27 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2021 Season

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    He didn't say he couldn't be a superstar. He said he can't be the Face of Baseball. The way many wanted Mike Trout to be. It's not any less offensive, just wanted clarity.

The national sports media these guys on ESPN and Fox sports, and various radio shows talk about nothing except basketball and football. Because thats what get them ratings. I guess. They are not really "sports" talk shows. They are football and basketball talk shows.
    Last edited by inisideguy; 07-17-2021 at 09:26 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The Mets, leading NL East by three games over my Phillies are leaking oil, what with Jacob deGrom and Francisco Lindor on the injured list.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The Mets, leading NL East by three games over my Phillies are leaking oil, what with Jacob deGrom and Francisco Lindor on the injured list.
    How long is Degrom out? My Reds play them next week. We wernt going to face him any way. I just hate seeing a guy like that go down.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

The Nats game had to be suspended because of two people being shot outside the stadium. **** is crazy any more.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    How long is Degrom out? My Reds play them next week. We wernt going to face him any way. I just hate seeing a guy like that go down.
    Think I read something about a couple of starts, nothing too terribly long.

Meanwhile, I just got an alert that the Padres-Nats game was halted because of a reporting shooting outside the park. Talk about crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Think I read something about a couple of starts, nothing too terribly long.

Meanwhile, I just got an alert that the Padres-Nats game was halted because of a reporting shooting outside the park. Talk about crazy!
    Yep. Two people shot. They didnt die and are at the hospital.

Extraordinary Member

The Nats game had to be suspended because of two people being shot outside the stadium. **** is crazy any more.
    That was unbelievable. Why do people do that?

Extraordinary Member

Yep. Two people shot. They didnt die and are at the hospital.
    Thank God they are doing okayish.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    That was unbelievable. Why do people do that?
    Stupidity is a good explanation.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Extraordinary Member

I didn't see it, but my brother did and said Tatis Jr. opened a locked gate to allow the players' families to get to the choppa....no, excuse me, to the clubhouse. I LIKE Tatis Jr., he seems like a good guy. Spends a lot of time autographing for kids, and he's very fun to watch, and an amazing athlete. Ohtani is of course just the guy everyone wants to see, including me. In person.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Stupidity is a good explanation.

I guess. But I couldn't never think of just hurting a random person. Or anyone for that matter. I don't understand the mentality of wanting to hurt someone.

Extraordinary Member

The White Sox's Yermin Mercedes who La Russa infamously "supported" when he got beaned intentionally said the 28 year old has a great future in MLB, has said he's quitting baseball after the prolonged slump that led to La Russa sending him down. That, or La Russa just hates him.

The White Sox's Yermin Mercedes who La Russa infamously "supported" when he got beaned intentionally said the 28 year old has a great future in MLB, has said he's quitting baseball after the prolonged slump that led to La Russa sending him down. That, or La Russa just hates him.
    I heard about that this afternoon. Wow! Talk about sudden! From AL Rookie of the Month in April to out of the game in July. There must be something more to this story.

Apparently he's back already.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Apparently he's back already.
    Yea kind of crazy. Here is his full post translated.

Translation from his latest Instagram post: I'm never going to give up. I was in the minors for 10 years and have always understood that it's a large process but my talent and what I've showed speak for itself. With great humility, I'm speaking from my heart, my dream is to be an established MLB player, and I've always asked God to give me the opportunity he gave me 3 months ago. i owe my family, organization, and fans an apology. New mindset, if I've failed in anything, baseball runs in my blood. There's a lot left in me, thank you God for guiding me the right way and helping me make the right decision. Whoever is struggling, have faith in God and forget the critics because they'll always be there.