Page 35 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2021 Season

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Brock Holt was one of my favorite players during his time with the Red Sox. He was the kind of guy who always seemed to enjoy playing the game. And as a supersub or "utility" player who could play anywhere except pitcher and catcher (and did), it looks like he might be expanding his resume

-M
    I think one of the reasons batters go so easy on position players pitching is because they ALL want to do that a time or two themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Tops? Fleer?

I 2 signed Juniors, a signed Ripken, a signed Gar, a signed Randy, and a signed Frank Thomas from that era.

I also have a signed Calgary Cannons A-Rod and Birmingham Barons MJ.

I have 3 and half complete Topps 1991-92, 95, 96 sets.

I also have a complete run of Beckett from 1989 - 1999, with a signed Bonds (cannot remember the year).

I loved 90s baseball.
    Most are Score, a couple Topps, and Fleer.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Rizzo is on the Covid IL. he has yet to have his vaccine.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    https://sports.yahoo.com/rangers-3b-...023457294.html

You might have to wait a few days for some of his pitches to arrive...

34 MPH eephus pitch, and a 77 MPH fastball...and he then offered his glove for the ump to check!
    Heh! I got a chuckle out of that!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

On a day when my Phillies honored the lat Roy Halladay by retiring his number 34, Zack Wheeler did his best impersonation of "Doc" by two-hitting the Mets for a 3-0 complete game win today. With said win, powered by solo homers by Jean Segura, JT Realmuto and Bryce Harper (who's barged himself into NL MVP discussion), the red hot Phils notched their eighth straight, the first time the team's done that since 2011 when they won nine in a row. The Phightins, 4 1/2 games back just eight days ago now lead NL East by 2 1/2 over the second place Braves while the Mets have slid back to third. In a word----WOW!!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    On a day when my Phillies honored the lat Roy Halladay by retiring his number 34, Zack Wheeler did his best impersonation of "Doc" by two-hitting the Mets for a 3-0 complete game win today. With said win, powered by solo homers by Jean Segura, JT Realmuto and Bryce Harper (who's barged himself into NL MVP discussion), the red hot Phils notched their eighth straight, the first time the team's done that since 2011 when they won nine in a row. The Phightins, 4 1/2 games back just eight days ago now lead NL East by 2 1/2 over the second place Braves while the Mets have slid back to third. In a word----WOW!!
    It was a fantastic weekend for the Phillies. They played great and the crowd loved it. I also thought it was so nice to see the park that packed as it hasn't been for a long time. Really felt like the playoffs. But there is still a lot of baseball left of the regular season, but I am still so pumped up today.
    Last edited by cable guy; 08-09-2021 at 02:01 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Wonder if that fan is going to sue to Rockies, MLB, and Twitter? I would; that guy is probably in physical danger along with his family thanks to them. Good move, Rox!

For those who wonder what I'm going on about, (experience suggests that's roughly everyone), the Rox tweeted about the fan shouting the racist N-word. Except he wasn't. He was saying "Dinger", trying to call the Rox mascot over. They did correct their first tweet, but the death threats were already there. MLB, ESPN also libeled the guy. No, they all tweeted first before bothering to find out what the guy was actually saying.

After sweeping the Mets over the weekend, things get harder for the Phils with the Dodgers in town for a three game series. Right off the bat, we have a tough test test tonight with Max Scherzer (9-4) on the hill for L.A., and his last start against us when he pitched for Washington was a shutout a couple of weeks ago. Philly counters with Aaron Nola (7-6) who's been maddeningly inconsistent all season.

The Phils really need the Nola that can go almost the whole game and dominate.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    The Phils really need the Nola that can go almost the whole game and dominate.
    If not, well, the bullpen is fully rested after Wheeler's gem on Sunday. Yeah, I know, cold comfort.

If not, well, the bullpen is fully rested after Wheeler's gem on Sunday. Yeah, I know, cold comfort.
    Yeah, well they are well rested anyway.

I just heard the Phillies lineup for tonight and Cutch and Hoskins are still out. Bummer. I thought they'd be back tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    Yeah, well they are well rested anyway.

I just heard the Phillies lineup for tonight and Cutch and Hoskins are still out. Bummer. I thought they'd be back tonight.
    Hoskins won't be back soon...The Phillies placed first baseman Rhys Hoskins on the 10-day injured list today with a left groin strain. The move was made retroactive to Saturday. So he will be out at least another week.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

No score here in Philly in the bottom of the fourth as we've got a pitcher's duel between Nola and Scherzer. However, a thunderstorm is in the area, no telling if that'll pause the game. Meanwhile, the surprising Reds (61-52) are leading Atlanta 2-0 in the fourth.

Extraordinary Member

Turbo, the Bat Dog! What, you were expecting Ace?

He's the bat dog for the Bowling Green minor league affiliate of the Rays, and he's now a bit older than the video, and he just retrieved his first minor league bat! Good boy!
    Last edited by achilles; 08-11-2021 at 09:47 AM.

No score here in Philly in the bottom of the fourth as we've got a pitcher's duel between Nola and Scherzer. However, a thunderstorm is in the area, no telling if that'll pause the game. Meanwhile, the surprising Reds (61-52) are leading Atlanta 2-0 in the fourth.
    Well, that magnificent pitcher's duel between Nola and Scherzer went south as both were gone after a 90 minute rain delay. From there, it turned into a bullpen game, and the Phils sent out the lesser lights who were, well, lit up by the Dodgers in what ended up being a 5-0 loss for the Phightins. URGH!