Page 36 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2021 Season

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, that magnificent pitcher's duel between Nola and Scherzer went south as both were gone after a 90 minute rain delay. From there, it turned into a bullpen game, and the Phils sent out the lesser lights who were, well, lit up by the Dodgers in what ended up being a 5-0 loss for the Phightins. URGH!
    Nola looked great for those 4 innings. I think he would have went a strong 7 or 8 innings. He was locked in. Hopefully he picks up where he left off in his next outing.

I ended up going to bed after about an hour after the rain delay, but I see Matt Moore pitched like his usual self.

So Gibson is going tonight, and hopefully he gives us a chance by pitching a Decent game.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    Nola looked great for those 4 innings. I think he would have went a strong 7 or 8 innings. He was locked in. Hopefully he picks up where he left off in his next outing.

I ended up going to bed after about an hour after the rain delay, but I see Matt Moore pitched like his usual self.

So Gibson is going tonight, and hopefully he gives us a chance by pitching a Decent game.
    That's the hope. However, the forecast is calling for a repeat of last night's mid-game thunderstorms, so who knows what might end up happening. Meanwhile, Nola was damn impressive as the Dodgers just couldn't touch him. Impressive.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

My Reds lost to the Braves last night. And after 2 more games we travel and play in Philly. So WPP This will be a good chance for you guys to pad your lead in the East. because i dont think we are taking it.

But if we do prepare for the talk of smack
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    My Reds lost to the Braves last night. And after 2 more games we travel and play in Philly. So WPP This will be a good chance for you guys to pad your lead in the East. because i dont think we are taking it.

But if we do prepare for the talk of smack
    Well now, that should make for a highly interesting weekend! HA!

Extraordinary Member

Hope Realmuto's okay. He left in the first after a foul tip to the mask. But he did finish that half of the inning before being pinch hit in the inning.

Going into Monday My Reds still had a shot at making a run and competing for a Central title, or at least a wild card, But the Brewers won 2 Tuesday while the Reds lost Monday and Tuesday and unless they come back tonight they will lose again. Sadly the playoff talk that was going strong 3 days ago may be on life support after tonight and dead after this weekend.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

The Sox put up a 20 spot on the Rays tonight. It was 20-1 going into the ninth. It is now currently 20-7 as the Red Sox are trying their best to score 20 and still lose...

-M

edit: well they held on to win 20-8.
    Last edited by MRP; 08-11-2021 at 07:50 PM.
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Hope Realmuto's okay. He left in the first after a foul tip to the mask. But he did finish that half of the inning before being pinch hit in the inning.
    Just one part of a generally dour night for the Phils who were routed 8-2 by the Dodgers. No rest for the weary as the teams will be right back at it early this afternoon.

Extraordinary Member

Just a reminder; the Field of Dreams game is tonight. Or late this afternoon I suppose. Fox, I think is where it's broadcast. I'm certainly going to watch it; I want to see what they've done with the place. And I want to see the throwback uniforms. But what I really want to know is will they get Kevin Costner to throw out the first pitch? He'd be one who could do a good job of it...

Baltimore Orioles 1st baseman Chris Davis has retired.

The Chicago Cubs have released Jake Arrieta. Article Link
    Last edited by Deathstroke; 08-12-2021 at 01:01 PM.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

And the Phillies hang on, barely, to beat the Dodgers 2-1. Glad they avoided a sweep and I'm glad the Dodgers are leaving.

Extraordinary Member

And the Phillies hang on, barely, to beat the Dodgers 2-1. Glad they avoided a sweep and I'm glad the Dodgers are leaving.
    They were probably lucky the Dodgers are so banged up; no JT, no Betts. OTOH, Trae Turner is so fun to watch, and MS is just a beast as a pitcher. This year at least, he's a great replacement for Bauer, pitching better this year and with 100% less smacking women around, which everyone appreciates. And Bellinger is starting to heat up, as is Seager, (must be worried about his job).

The Phils meanwhile are one of my favorite teams, I just like their players, announcers, and the stadium, plus they seem to have fun, which I love. Yeah, they have a bit of a tough road this year, but I have confidence they will do well.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    They were probably lucky the Dodgers are so banged up; no JT, no Betts. OTOH, Trae Turner is so fun to watch, and MS is just a beast as a pitcher. This year at least, he's a great replacement for Bauer, pitching better this year and with 100% less smacking women around, which everyone appreciates. And Bellinger is starting to heat up, as is Seager, (must be worried about his job).

The Phils meanwhile are one of my favorite teams, I just like their players, announcers, and the stadium, plus they seem to have fun, which I love. Yeah, they have a bit of a tough road this year, but I have confidence they will do well.
    The Dodgers are really good. After watching them the 1st 2 games, I was happy we got a win out of the series.

Meanwhile, the Braves are being curbstomped 9-1 by Cincinnati in the 5th, so, barring one mother of a comeback by Atlanta, chances are good the Phils will regain sole possession of first place in NL East by the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Meanwhile, the Braves are being curbstomped 9-1 by Cincinnati in the 5th, so, barring one mother of a comeback by Atlanta, chances are good the Phils will regain sole possession of first place in NL East by the end of the day.
    Dont rule out a come back. our pen has given up 7 runs or more 5 times this season.